You know you are nesting when... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you are 38.5 weeks pregnant and you find yourself mopping your front porch. Thats right, people- mopping the porch. Not just sweeping like your normal, sane person would do, but MOPPING! And, it seems perfectly logically and rational to you. Yeah, I know...

Anyone else have some crazy nesting activities they would like to share?

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
#2 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM

I felt the burning urge to clean out the fridge/freezer on Saterday. I took everything out, turned it off and cleaned the whole thing.

I also made dp go out and cut down a tree for our clothline in 30 degree Cel. weather. yesterday and put it up. He didn't even complain. I love that man!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#3 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 09:29 AM

...you decide to wash the walls, baseboards and floors in the hallway of your apartment!
#4 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 AM

I pulled up two layers of vinyl flooring out of the master bath and scraped the adhesive off the floor with a razor. In my defense, it was disgusting and smelled like pee. We can't replace it but I told dh that's tough. I'd rather walk on concrete than deal with 30 yrs. of someone else's pee.
#5 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM

could you all please come over to my place and clean/nest? my apt really needs it and i'm too sick and tired to nest!
#6 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 AM

I guess this qualifies....
I potted a bunch of flowers for our deck, then scrubbed (with a deck broom, soap, and water) the deck (filthy partly from me and partly from the winter), sent my husband out to purchase a deck box to put all the random crap we have in it, and set up our table and chairs so we could enjoy our space outside. I love it!

On my list still is to clean out all the scary things in the fridge. Aside from that though, no nesting.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#7 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 11:52 AM

well, my house has too much regular mess to be doing crazy stuff like that, but yesterday I was cleaning/organizing the girls' closet, and my DH walks in to see me moving the dresser across the room by myself Doesn't seem like much but that thing is HEAVY! (and full of clothes, we got a new dresser for them so I was switching it out of the spot in the closet and then transferring all the clothes)
He's like "stop stop! you're pregnant you can't be doing that!!"

but seriously, if I didn't do it it wouldn't get done, so I waddled that thing right out of the closet myself!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#8 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM

aside from gutting the kitchen and putting in a whole new one??(DONE, by the way, woo-hoo).....I have also cleaned out every closet in the house and taken two car loads of extra stuff to the local mission! I even reduced the number of plates, glasses etc we had. I am definitely going for as clutter-free as possible! OH! And I think I've washed every piece of washable textile in my house....except for the couch covers, but hmmm, today looks like a good day for that!

The person who made hte pee comment, thanks for the inspiration. Our master bedroom has CARPETING(ewwww) and smells like pee, I think mostly from my ds missing the mark, but I do think I will rip out that carpet, may be easier than my original plan of hand-scrubbing with carpet cleaner?

Have fun, mamas!
#9 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 12:40 PM

Go ahead! Rip it out!! I don't think you'll regret it
#10 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I have another one:

I just bought more mulch and plan on mulching the rest of the yard while my son takes his nap.:

Its weird- I use to have to take a nap while Henry napped, but the last few days I haven't felt tired at the normal nap time, so I just keep going. Maybe this is my body's way of gearing up for the big day?

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
#11 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM

: Saturday I decided that our vehicle needed to be completely spottless & detailed. My DH let me do it because I've been soooooooo antsy for the last couple weeks & there's not much left for me to organize/clean/do.
#12 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM

I have not had hardly any nesting urge this time. Which is really weird for me even NOT pregnant. I've always got a project going. And trust that there is plenty for me to do! I think i've had to be content with so many things not going the way I had planned that as long as the neccessities are there, I'm okay! I usually pull all the shelves out of my fridge and clean the whole thing every other month and I think I've done it once since I've been pregnant.
#13 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 04:28 PM

my nesting urges seem to revolve around organizing my life. Just enrolled dd in a tap class and a swimming class (for her to do with dh). I just need to find the number for the soccer thingy she was going to do. I have a very physical dd and I need to find some things for her to do (no stress options though, I am so not a soccer mom!).

After this paper is done (soon, I hope) I will get down to scrubbing all the things I am desperate to scrub!

Jacqueline
#14 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
...you decide to wash the walls, baseboards and floors in the hallway of your apartment!
I too have washed all the baseboards in 2 bathrooms already! what is wrong with me?? lol
#15 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 07:08 PM

It's really bad when you wipe the baseboards and/or nearby floor w/ a wet piece of tp while still on the toilet.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#16 of 16 Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM

The other day, I could think of nothing more important than scrubbing the grout on my bathroom floor. Today, while in the bathtub I took out the Sonic Scrubber again and started going at the stuff close to the tub. I still have a long way to go before it's as clean as I'd like it.

Oh, and last night I just HAD to go get the baby clothes out of the attic. At 11:30pm. I crawled to the back of the attic and hauled 3 big bins out, sorted through clothes, put them in laundry baskets to be washed, and then moved the bins with the clothes I don't want to keep out right now back into said attic. And I helped move ds's new dresser into the house and up the stairs today. And we'll be moving the new bed in tonight.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page