06/02 Update - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonia_jo View Post
I can usually deal with things like this ok, but last night I was a girly mess over it...
OMG this is totally me right now. We have cockroaches - we always have cockroaches in the summer. I've had some cockroaches in my life in all my houses since I left home, and I can usually deal just fine. But not now. I just feel obsessed and worried about them all. the. time. I have to check every inch of my sheets and blankets and all around the bed before I can go to sleep. I won't go in the kitchen in the morning until DP says the coat is clear...

Today is Operation Boric Acid. I know boric acid is not really a big deal, but I've never tried to actively exterminate bugs in my home before. Its really weird of me!
#32 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 03:05 PM

I love reading everyone's updates!!

Barcino, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers this week...can't wait to hear about your beautiful baby!!

As for me, I'm looking forward to a week getting things done.. I need ot seriously lock myself in my sewing room!

Have a great week everyone!
#33 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 PM

37+2

Still really nothing going on here. I felt more likely to have a baby at any point over the last month than I have over the last few days. Although yesterday evening I was so wiped out I fell asleep on the bed for a bit. I had a dream I was having contractions and when I woke I was actually having a real one. You know, the kind that make you go 'OH THAT'S what labor felt like'. Other than that, I'm suddenly dealing w/ a lot of birth-baby-postpartum anxiety stuff...just running through the 'what if's' a lot. I guess that's normal.

MIL paid for a cleaning lady to come to our house today as a baby gift to us. WOW, she is doing such a good job, it feels really nice. It makes me want to declutter more though, and I still have a lot on my to-do list.

Mama Moose, I meant to say in your other thread that if I were you I would start vaginal EPO now, I don't really think any amount of EPO is going to put you into labor before you're ready and certainly if you're faced with induction it sounds like a good idea to help your body prep as much as possible.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#34 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVanessa View Post
mama moose- I am taking 1000 mg orally twice a day and 500 mg vaginally at night. I started the oral at 36 weeks and vag at 37.
That's exactly what my MW told me to take... I'm taking it orally now and will start the vag next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
About the EPO, mine are 500, so I take 2, thats 1000, 3 times a day. I guess next week I'll add one vaginally at night. Does it fully disolve, even the gel-cap?
Uh, to put it mildly... YES!!!! Make sure that's the absolute LAST thing you do before you go to bed for the night, . And, don't be surprised by the *ahem* difference during your first nighttime potty break.

If you are so inclined, you can also break open the caplet and rub the gel on, but my cervix enters the witness protection program during pregnancy, so that doesn't work well for me.
#35 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 04:09 PM

So, 36.5 weeks here... Feeling pretty good still, but starting to swell from the heat... I hate summer in the South. Ugh. I miss Vermont. On the plus side, Dh went out and picked me out a spiffy new ring from Target ($12!!) to serve as a replacement for my real ring until my hands start resembling, um, hands again. It's sparkly (and bigger than my real one, lol).

Just got the call from my MW that my GBS was neg. So, that's the last hoop I had to jump through, yippee. Actually, the birthcenter is pretty cool about it... they don't actually push you to take AB, but if you're pos they'll retest when you're in labor, to see if you're actually pos at that time and watch the baby a bit closer for a few days. That way, if there is a problem, you can avoid having the stick the baby. Works for me.

Ran a bunch of errands this morning (picked up the key to the neighborhood pool and bought some shepherd's purse tincture from a really cool WAHM that lives nearby... she actually owns preciousarrows.com) and now I'm nesting like CRAZY. Straightened up all over the place, did a ton of laundry, got the baby clothes washed and put away. Bathrooms are clean and sparkly. Refrigerator is scrubbed. Freezer meals are done.

Getting ready to go lanolize all my covers and steamclean the livingroom carpet. Hopefully, I'll get the birthbag packed tonight (guess it's about time....) and then I just have some knitting projects to finish up. Oh, and I finished up all my NB/SM dipes and am starting on my mediums.... I bought a bunch of really nice fabric to make them out of and I'm too nervous to cut into it. Gotta get over that, I'm running out of time. It freaks me out a bit to think that Audrey was born exactly a week from this point. I feel like I have all the time in the world, but realistically, I know that I don't.

Just give me a little more time, babe... I'll have everything ready soon, promise!!
#36 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 05:17 PM

I'm a little over 36 wks, dunno how much exactly.

My tummy muscles hurt sometimes probably from stretching. My inner thigh muscles are also sore regularly but I haven't done any major stretching in a while. My hips crack at night whenever I roll over...but aside from those complaints, NOTHING labor related this way comes.

Had a productive week-end, despite the heavy rain. Paid a lot of the impending bills, paid rent (whooohooo!), made some trifold soakers for the tiny pocket diapers I had made and then realized I couldn't stuff because my hands are too big, and continued to make more diapers. I think I still have another 20 to go, which is thoroughly depressing because I'm already getting sick of doing this everyday! I need to make an inventory of my stash.

I got lots of cleaning done thanks to DH and DSS...there are only a few shelves to build and boxes to be sent for storage in my parents' garage. Bought myself some granny panties to stick in my birth bag (mmm so sexy), and I'm in the middle of finalizing my birth plan. Only need a few more things and my bag should be complete. I'm SO not ready for the baby, material wise, but I'm SO ready mentally and emotionally. Too bad there are still 4 to 6 weeks left, potentially...
#37 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 06:04 PM

39w1d
Had a horrible, painful night last night. I had a lot of pressure and a consistent cramp in my lower back that was painful and lasted for HOURS. I did some pelvic rocks and that seemed to help. I felt pretty good when I woke up this morning so I went in to work and went by the chiro on my way home. Had some contractions today but they were few and far between. I still don't feel like baby is coming anytime soon....I hope I am wrong!
#38 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM

Still pregnant! 39 weeks, 1 day. Feeling great, no signs of labour yet (as far as I know) I get a tight feeling across my belly every now and again, but it's not really painful, just a minor uncomfort. I'm not sleeping the greatest at night, but I sleep in in the mornings and catch naps through the day when I can. I still have to pack my hospital bag, that is my project for tonight, should be easy enough as I've been putting everything to pack in the top drawer of the babies dresser.
#39 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM

errr....I had a long post and the internet just ate it.

36wk2d
I didn't have that productive a day, I have so many things to get done but I got distracted with phone calls from friends in my hometown. It was so nice to catch up and talk with them though.

I did wash all of the CPF's. Woohoo for me! Now, I just have to wash all of the covers, burb clothes and blankets and get the drawers more organized.

My heartburn seems to be getting worse, even though I'm now on medication.

On a personal note, DH is having a hard time right now with work. Any good thoughts/prayers his way would be really appreciated! He isn't a negative person and I hate to see him so stressed and down right now.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#40 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 07:33 PM

Okay girls- What is EPO? Probably a stupid question, I know....
#41 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatorganic View Post
Okay girls- What is EPO? Probably a stupid question, I know....
Evening Primrose Oil

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#42 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM

AAAAHHH! Thanks...
#43 of 47 Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

37 weeks end of day two.

Work really stressed me out this morning. By the time I got to lunch I had a stomach ache from the anxiety. The afternoon was better, but it was hard to shake off the feeling.

Then, one of the professors I support came by and asked if they can take me out to lunch on Thursday since Friday is my last day before going on leave. It's really nice that they would think to do that, and I agreed to go, but secretly I don't want to go. I don't want the attention, and I much prefer spending my lunch break with my husband (his lab is in the building next door to where I work). The person who came in to ask if I would go is the same person who caused me all of that stress with an impossible deadline this morning.

Then, one of the neighbor kids accidentally dropped a heavy mini scooter thing right on my foot when I got home. It's the foot that has been hurting already for days. So now it hurts even more.

The baby seems so strong when he moves, and I feel like his little fists have been pushing on the inside surfaces of my hip bones. Quite a feeling.

I'm kind of grumpy. I hope my outlook is better for the rest of the week.

Anna ~ Mom to Ansel (6-17-08), Wife to Mac since 12-18-04, human companion to Cayley.
#44 of 47 Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 AM

I admire (hats off to) all you still-workin' mama's. Just amazing.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#45 of 47 Old 06-03-2008, 01:47 AM

36w6d

Had a u/s today to determine baby's position. Her head is right where I thought it was -- jammed against the upper part of my right ribs. Bum's somewhere near my cervix. Looks like we have a breech girl. We'll talk to my mw on Thursday to see what she recommends. I'm going to spend my morning trying to find someone local who'll do moxibustion to help turn the little one. I've been trying the ironing board trick for the last two weeks (I just knew she was breech) and find it so uncomfortable. I didn't think my raging heartburn could get worse, but a few minutes on the ironing board sure does the trick!

We're all ready in terms of clothes, diapers (although, I'm still sewing a few here and there to feed my addiction) and packed hospital bag. I just need to find myself a nursing bra.

Glad to read I'm not the only emotional/grumpy one. I've spent the day in a funk and my poor dh can't figure out what to do with me. I'm going to suggest he rub my feet while we watch our evening Netflix show.
#46 of 47 Old 06-03-2008, 03:17 AM

39 weeks, 4 days. Eek! I keep looking at the ticker on my blog and it is telling me 3 days to go! As if that means anything. I wonder what it does when you go overdue....? Or does it just stop?

Pubic pain seems to get a bit worse every day. I had a horrible time at the market today - could barely get through shopping. Really nothing else happening though besides my usual strong BHs. And a few jabby sensations in my cervix now and then.

I took my son to the pool tonight. It was such a relief to get the pressure off my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1001 View Post
Still pregnant, at work, no more cramping, barely any BHs. I quit timing them, since I'm full term, I figure I'll know when it's labor, so I'm not stressing myself out and timing them any more.
: Actually I was never timing them. They are kindof freaking my DH out, but I told him I will know when they start to really hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink2 View Post
Looking forward to swimming today. A little freaked because I had a vision of my water breaking in this huge community pool.
I kept wondering if I would know it if my water broke in the pool. Last time it got broken accidentally during an exam, so I don't really know what it feels like to happen spontaneously.

Quote:
OT - We have a BAT IN OUR HOUSE!!! :
Cool!!! I LOVE bats. Not that I am trying to say your reaction is bad, but I would love to have a bat cruising around during labor! I am weird though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcino View Post
40 weeks 3 days - baby is transverse. We are scheduling csection for possibly Wed-Fri sometime there and hoping she turns and I start labor or she is low enough to naturally induce me. I am so frustrated and tired at this point I feel I am going to have a breakdown.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Sorry you are going through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatorganic View Post
AAAAHHH! Thanks...
Don't feel bad. I kept wondering what the heck EVA meant in another thread and kept thinking Early Labor Vibes? Then I was like, oh, probably Easy. Talk about duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Had a u/s today to determine baby's position. Her head is right where I thought it was -- jammed against the upper part of my right ribs. Bum's somewhere near my cervix.
Oh man. Deep diving is what worked for me. Got it off a website where the midwife said it never failed for her. Do you have access to a warm pool? The one I was in went down to 12 feet, and I dove down twice.
#47 of 47 Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
OT - We have a BAT IN OUR HOUSE!!! :

If it makes you feel any better, I completely understand how you feel! Dh found half a dozen Black Widows setting up shop all along our fence line this weekend... he killed what he found, but now we need to get an exterminator out before the kids can go play in the backyard again. Ugh.

We've had a problem with them since we moved in here. Dh got bitten last summer and it was terrible. And he's HUGE (6'4" plus!), so you'd imagine the venom was relatively dilute. It literally makes me shake to think about little Nora getting bitten. So, as much as I hate the idea of the awful, toxic chemicals.... the tradeoff between immediate and eventual danger is leaning towards getting rid of the spiders. This will be the second time we've had professionals out.

On a side note, and to go even further OT - This is one of the reasons why I *hate* subdivisions and sprawl. These spiders are behaving super abnormally (they usually avoid humans and daylight like the plague, and we'll find them in a particularly busy part of the yard, sunning themselves mid-day), and I think it's b/c there isn't an available route for them to retreat away to a quieter spot. There's no difference to a spider btwn our busy yard and the neighbor's, right? Wish we could tell them that there's woods and fields just a few blocks down the road...............

Ok, rant over, just had to vent about that. It's really hard having to find other ways/places for the kids to get their energy out, when it's eighty + degrees out and I'm so waddly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page