Thinking back to your previous pregnancies... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.....hindsight is 20/20 right? Do you remember anything that stands out and may have been a sign that labor was coming soon?

With my first.....Early evening on my due date I was at a friend's house down the street getting my hair cut. When I was done, I slid off the stool and I felt a very strange sensation in my belly. I remember saying, "oh that was weird". It didn't feel like baby's usual movements...anyway 2 hours later contractions started he was born the next night.

Anything stick out in your memories?
#2 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonah View Post
.....hindsight is 20/20 right? Do you remember anything that stands out and may have been a sign that labor was coming soon?...
Just the pitocin IV they stuck in my arm . (Sorry, but it is true.) I look forward to REAL signs this time.
#3 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM

The day before my water broke DP and I went about 100 miles out of town to visit with friends and swim in a lake. I was only 38 weeks and totally convinced I was going to be pregnant for 43 weeks. Anyway, the plan was to stay the night there. I just remember it felt so, so wrong to be there. Like I was antsy and itchy the whole time to just get away and get home. We didn't stay the night.

The next day I also remember that it was strangely difficult to shift the car when I was driving
#4 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM

I remember going in for my weekly mw appointment with dh and I said to him afterwards "tonight is the night" and that was it. We walked a lot that afternoon, went home, made dinner, watched PBS and started packing a bag, because I just knew.

I was right, contractions started at midnight and dd was born at 9:10 am. I hope to be so clear about it this time around too, but who knows!

jacqueline
#5 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 PM

First time it was a "natural" induction to keep me from having to transfer care to the hospital (pre-E), second there was NO signs, third I lost my mucus plug in the morning and just felt different all day... I suspected right from the start that I'd go into labor in the next 24 hours (amazingly, it was shocking how calm that made me feel).

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#6 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 07:53 PM

No, absolutely nothing in hindsight. I've been wracking my brain trying to think about it, too!

This pregnancy, I'm actually having some "hmmm..well, in hindsight..." moments. I've been having lots and lots of strong bh cx's the last several days (never had this before with any of my previous pregnancies), loose stools today, swollen feet (but just my right one, weird). Dh thinks I'm "looking ready" and he doesn't remember that with the other ones. I keep telling him not to get his hopes up! He's also not leaving me alone for long - he's thinking this labor might go really fast this time. I'm not so optimistic!
#7 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 PM

I bet it does Tanya.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#8 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 PM

A couple days before I had my DS, I had the worst migraine of my life.
I don't get migraines often, but I do get blinding, tongue-tied, OMG am I having a stroke ones.. This one had me crying, feeling so stupid...I remember we were watching The 5 People you Meet in Heaven on tv at the time....

I figure this was because of hormone changes?
#9 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 09:10 PM

I had non-progressing cntx for 24 hrs. I thought they were BH as they weren't strong or getting closer, just annoying mild tightening all night and day. Then at 6 pm my water broke and ds was born at 8. In retrospect those cntx must have been doing something.
#10 of 11 Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchamama View Post
I had non-progressing cntx for 24 hrs. I thought they were BH as they weren't strong or getting closer, just annoying mild tightening all night and day. Then at 6 pm my water broke and ds was born at 8. In retrospect those cntx must have been doing something.
Was this with your 1st or 2nd? I think this is what dh thinks is going to happen with me. That all these pre-labor cx's are doing more than we think. I'm sure that was the case with you!
#11 of 11 Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 AM

very similar experiences both times. felt like I was forcing myself to nest b/c the instinctive urge was never going to come and got a lot done and then crashed early the night before. Water broke on the toilet each time, and I think I knew it was going to happen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page