6/04 Update Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
37+4 and nothing much going on here! We had a big downpour last night and the thunder kept me up a lot. Off to the chiropractor this morning.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 12:38 PM

Hehe, apparently we're on the same wave-length today, only I'm a bit behind. I started the same thread right after you!

Nothing new to report, I think I'll be an end-of-the-monther. I feel absolutely no labor vibes coming from my direction. I thought I felt some real contractions last night, but I was wrong!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM

I had my 36 wk mw appointment yesterday. It went really well, excpet my BP was high when they first took it. When my mw took it, it was fine. From now on, she is going to take it so it doesn't get my a red flag to go up to the labor deck. I'm just freaked out about what is going to happen to when I do go into labor. I'm sure that when they first take it, my BP will be high. I just don't want to be hooked up to a lot of machines because my BP will initially be high. Ugh. :

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

Old 06-04-2008, 12:55 PM

38+3
Not too much happening here. I was feeling a little down last night (kinda like I was going to be pregnant forever). Dp made me an ice cream cone then gave me a full body massage. I felt much better after that.
I think this babe is waiting until all the appointments I have lined up are over. In that case, ds goes to the dentist today and the car goes to the shop on Friday. Maybe this babe will appear this weekend.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 06-04-2008, 01:13 PM

morning. Sorry to be so whiney, I just feel so depressed lately over this BP thing. Why can't my body just be NORMAL?! Weight is still up, BP is still up, same old same old I guess. I'm really trying to stay out of depression, but I can just feel myself falling into that pattern, where I just want to isolate myself from the entire world.....

anyways, not much going on today, cleaning my house more, hopefully it can be baby-ready this week, it seems like we keep cleaning and cleaning and it never gets clean! Guess thats life with a toddler My DH has today off work though so maybe we can actually make some progress.

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:31 PM

Eh, slept a lot to make up for poor sleep over past week, then read fantasy novel in bed before tummy growls/nausea pushed me to kitchen to eat. Did a bunch of "responsible" things today: showered and washed hair, made bed, washed dishes, folded laundry, chased up on errand for MIL, wrote e-mails to family.

Wanted to grocery shop but my feet are soooo swollen : I wish I had a mamma to grocery shop and cook for me, do my laundry, iron my clothes!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:36 PM

39w today. BP way up, and I have a cold. I think they are related. Man I hope it gets better soon!

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 06-04-2008, 02:16 PM

39 weeks tomorrow and I'm actually feeling better than I did all last week. Must be not playing whiffle ball that did it. Thought I was coming down with a cold a couple days ago but have been taking acidophilus and echinacea and vit. C and it seems to have gone away.

Saw my family doc today and decided to do an internal check mostly b/c as a VBAC I won't get induced and my doc is going to be out of town for several days when I'm 41 weeks (not the end of the world, but I'd really like to have her attend the birth), so if there is anything that I can do to encourage the baby to come in a timely manner (accupuncture, sex, talking to the baby) that would be good.

...At the same time, I'm planning on working through the end of this week and still have some things I need to finish up, so I didn't want to hear that the baby was too close to coming! Anyway, I am barely fingertip dilated, which is just fine with me - actually reassuring to me - since I'd rather not have the kid until next week (I put in a request to the baby for the 10th)!

When I told her that DH and I would just have to encourage the kid to come "the old fashioned way" (ie sex) she laughed and said most of her patients looked at her like she was crazy when she suggested that at full term.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM

I'm 39 plus a few days now. Losing more mucous with every bathroom trip. Appt. this morning confirmed that I'm 3cm! Still no contractions, though. Here's to another quiet day filled with anticipation!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:21 PM

38w today... not much progress. I have been having contractions almost every night for about 2 weeks now, but they are leading no where!! I'm dilated a little past one. I'm getting bored waiting, but feeling really well! Thinking of everyone and wishing you well!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM

39 weeks today!

Feeling pretty good, but am definitely anxious about getting the show on the road. Everything is ready and I am ready, so I keep hoping the baby is ready as well. However, I would like for her to wait until DH is hope from work. He works about 2 hours away, so I would prefer if I went into labor at night or this weekend. That way I am not stressing about him getting home in time.

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Today = big stress with regards to maternity benefits. *someone* screwed up (the government office says it's me or the bank, the bank says it's the government office, etc etc), and suddenly the mat benefits I was supposed to have directly deposited in my account are being sent by the mail, which isn't super fast. : Another week of being poor and borrowing money from my parents. I spent all morning on the phone calling different government offices, the bank manager, then my mother for a much needed cry (I'm such a whinner these days!), and trekking around town to get documents I needed to sort this whole mess out. Gotta love the government. Thankfully this is being taken care of BEFORE the baby arrives.

I dunno if what I lost in the toilet this morning was mucus (or the EPO I've been inserting), but it was definitely different from the usual discharge I get. No contractions though. Baby is veeeeery quiet which has me a bit worried. My feet are swollen. Need to make more diapers.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM

I'm feeling a little bit of apprehension about the baby coming, like there is something I still need to do....or maybe the baby still has somethings to "do" before it comes. In any case, I'm keeping busy and trying to keep relaxed and open to whenever is the right time. I'll finish getting my birthing supplies today and try to do finish up some laundry and tomorrow one of my birth attendant's is coming over to wash my floors. My kids are with my mom today so I'm trying to connect with the bean and just enjoy the week.

I do still have the mild crampies which are not really bothersome but kind of fill me with excitement and nervousness.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:54 PM

39+6 here! I actually thought I might be in early labor late last night. I was having crampy contractions and a backache. But I took my herbs and went to bed and slept good until morning (woohoo!) This morning seems like nothing. Oh well.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
40 weeks today and sooo grumpy, just as I have been since Monday. Urgh. Not feeling well, wishing the pregnancy was over, and I have too little patience with the kids. Complained/apologized to my husband about the house being messy last night, he said he'd pick up, and didn't. : Now that means I have to, since today is the only 'cool' day all week.. though I'm still sweating like a pig.

Believe it or not, I haven't complained at all about this pregnancy, not one bit.. until Monday hit--and I haven't stopped whining since.

-Rachel
Mommy to Colwyn, 10/03 ~ Lachlann, 8/05 ~ Fiona, 6/08 ~ Niall, 5/10
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 PM

40w1d.

I'm tired - the 2yo will get up at 7:30am regardless of when we put him down for bed which is getting annoying. I don't do mornings.

I'm unwieldy and running into everything. Ouch.

And this morning I scared hubby's boss (because I'm 40w and large and all that) when I showed up with kids in tow to pick up something from his office, then I wrangled them into Fred Meyer to get some cash (my bank's in FM) and milk. So I don't have to leave the house for like a week or a month. I think I need eggs sometime this week, but I can make hubby go do that.

There was something else that I've managed to forget... Oh, our water heater's crapping out again. Yay. : So hubby's got to drain it tonight after I pull out a bunch of pots to store some water to use while it's shut off, then he and a friend are going to go snag a new one (at least it's still under warranty!) and install it. Time consuming and annoying.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
Old 06-04-2008, 05:08 PM

40+3 here! Just got back from the Zoo - we took dd (3). She's napping. I should be. Need to eat.

Today's the New Moon, right? Two of my babies were born on the New Moon. Guess not this one. If not today, we're hoping for Saturday.....

Barcino, how are you??
Old 06-04-2008, 05:08 PM

36w3d.

v. crabby (see my other post)
got hair done, though. this is good.
really tired today, might nap before DH and boys get home.
DS1 has soccer tonight, and a dinner out planned w/ my BFF. I'm hoping that I start looking forward to it soon.
Got grocery shopping done...hate the way the cashiers pack my bins, will try a different day next week. If I can still walk. Pelvic pain still stupid bad.

wow, what a whiner I've turned into. I promise to try and be more upbeat for tomorrow's update post.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM

40 weeks today (according to u/s)... I'm SO ready... yet no baby
Mild BH here and there, but nothing that ever turns into anything. I thought I would be a little early, and now I'm thinking I'll be really late... only time will tell.

The waiting is hard, I'm anxious and easily grumped... trying to stay positive though. I think it would help if I had things going on, instead I have a pretty clear schedule so I just wait...
Old 06-04-2008, 05:25 PM

I am 39 weeks today! Yay me! I'm SOOOO excited! This morning I *THINK* I might have lost a tiny bit of my plug *crosses fingers*. I am so ready for SOMEHTING to change. We have a mw appt on Monday.

I'm so jealous of those of you who are dilated already. I still can't even FEEL my cervix. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? (How, oh how, can you "Do it wrong" I don't know) I just wish I could feel something up there. I do have short fingers so when I asked DH to see what he could feel he was upset with me for sticking anything up there. He says, "The baby will come when it's ready. Leave it alone!" Okay! Okay! Sorry I even mentioned that I want to know what's going on with my body. Jeesh.

Anyway, so I'm super excited and can't wait to meet our baby! The head feels super low and I've been having LOTS of contractions, but nothing that seems to really be doing anything...

Part-Time WOHM/Full-Time WAHM to 2 little sweeties PEANUT(2yo) & BUGS(8mos)
Check out my Homepage!:
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM

37w4d

Had a midwife appt. this morning- I'm GBS+, despite all the shit I've been doing for the past month and a half. That bummed me out. But the NST was good, I lost a couple of pounds from last week, and my BP was nice and low, so all is good otherwise.

Got the carseat installed last night, now I'm just waiting for a call back from the guy at the PD that checks them. And I *need* to pack my hospital bag today!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:40 PM

38 weeks 3 days.
Why am I still pregnant?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:52 PM

36w 6d

I am so happy that yesterday was my last day of work until I go back in the fall!!! I had to pack up my room though and today I'm feeling it. I want to lay down so bad, but my ds won't settle down!

Other than being tired, just having those "pinpricky" feelings down low, and some bh's.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8chel View Post

I'm so jealous of those of you who are dilated already. I still can't even FEEL my cervix. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? (How, oh how, can you "Do it wrong" I don't know) I just wish I could feel something up there. I do have short fingers
Remember, dilation means nothing! I was reading the birth record from my 4th. I called the MW's earlier than I would have liked to (although I honestly thought I was farther along than I thought). They checked me at 9:30am and I was 1cm, possibly a stretchy 2cm. She was born about 8 hours later, not a hard labor and I went from 6cm to birth in about an hour. So, dilation prior to labor really means nothing!

Also, I can't feel a thing, either. I have short fingers and a retroverted uterus which is hard to find in the first place. I try, but I can't tell a darn thing.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:27 PM

37 weeks & 5 days

So ready to be done with work. I'm having such a hard time being here lately.
MW appointment tomorrow - hoping my BP is okay cause she wasn't happy with it last week.
House is clean (thanks in large part to sweet DH's cleaning spree last night) and my labor bag is packed - which eases my mind.
Noticing more aches and crampiness in my lower belly than I have so far. Hate to start wishing that it may be something - but I'm so anxious. I only made it to 36 weeks with DS - 40 weeks seems like so long (even though I know I'm almost there...)!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Remember, dilation means nothing! I was reading the birth record from my 4th. I called the MW's earlier than I would have liked to (although I honestly thought I was farther along than I thought). They checked me at 9:30am and I was 1cm, possibly a stretchy 2cm. She was born about 8 hours later, not a hard labor and I went from 6cm to birth in about an hour. So, dilation prior to labor really means nothing!

Also, I can't feel a thing, either. I have short fingers and a retroverted uterus which is hard to find in the first place. I try, but I can't tell a darn thing.

Thank you so much for this, Tanya! It makes me feel better to hear things like this from those "who know"! I guess I will probably just take DH advice and leave the baby alone. It will come when it's ready.

I have a question for all of those "packing a bag". Is this for a homebirth? Do most people pack a bag "just in case"?

Part-Time WOHM/Full-Time WAHM to 2 little sweeties PEANUT(2yo) & BUGS(8mos)
Check out my Homepage!:
Old 06-04-2008, 06:49 PM

I dunno I know all the way to the end so just plugging along. I like your updates. Let's ahng in there together

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM

36 weeks, 4 days.

I had an appointment today - GBS and I'm 50%, 1 cm and floating.
I am so not ready for this one to be born - no car seat, bag isn't packed, house is a screaming disaster, kids are going nuts, DS wants to come to the birth and I don't have anyone to watch him (anyone reliable that is).

Oh yeah, I'm hungry and there isn't anything in the house that I want to eat.: When did I turn into such a whiney mess?

fizzymom and the clan
Old 06-04-2008, 07:21 PM

37w 3d, but who's counting??
Heh...

I did yoga last night and didn't do Bridge (ie. so I could still walk today ) per the sciatica pain I've had - that was fine, but then I messed up my pelvix by having my legs in a V and leaning forward to put my head on a bolster. STUPID idea. Freaking hurt so bad... and do I stop? Nooooooo, b/c apparently I'm superwoman with a pain-wish. I could hardly walk around last night and I actually could NOT roll over in bed (read: I had to grab the mattress and haul myself (pull really really hard) over to get out and pee 3x last night). Hurt so bad, I was just (still am) peeved at myself. I know better. Ugh! I don't know why I have to show people (who by the way????) I'm strong enough or whatever - at this point if I wanted to sit on my couch and eat bon bons I'm entitled... so I should just give it up. Ughhhhhhh.

Anyways, pelvic pain is through the roof today. Because of my own stupidity. Got lots of contractions yesterday (being superwoman at yoga), but of course nothing. Set up tons of the birth stuff so at least THAT is done and we could HAVE a baby now if needed. Washing a set of newborn clothes for both genders and have the newborn diapers completed. (Still working on the smalls).

Got meals done for about 2w of meals, shopped so I think we could skip an entire week of grocery shopping at least, my house DESPERATELY needs cleaning and I'm grossing myself out about it, but my best friend is coming Sat. to help me... so I figure I'll kick it out then, but my pelvis is saying "Stay still today moron" so I will.

Ummmmm, my hoohaw looks scary to me - (lovely vulvar varicositis), I'm scared to see what the heck is going to happen when the baby is born ... I didn't know it could get so bad (the vvaric.). :sigh: I just feel ugly and huge and I'm uncomfortable and don't feel anything like "glowing" or "budding with life" or any of that. BLEH is all I have to say about that. I'm surprised my DH still talks all the time about how hot I am or anything... he's a keeper for sure . Why oh why can't I see me out of the eyes I see every other pg Mom????? It's a tragedy... I wish I could.

I weighed myself today for fun and am proud to report that I've gained a total of 28 pounds so far - I am SO proud of that. With my weird diet restrictions because of intolerances, I was worried how it would go, but it's turned out pretty good! I don't think I'll have a super tiny baby (mine usually aren't so I was concerned with the diet restrictions this time that it would happen as a side effect) and I am relieved that with some good fats and attention to protein, I've done pretty well. It was weird, for 2w I didn't gain anything but I'm back to little jumps... I'd like to hit 30lbs at least...

Yeah, so more rambling... sorry.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 06-04-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylahroo View Post

I totally agree!!! It can work the other way, too... I can walk around at 6-7cm for more than a week before I get down to giving birth, so for me, knowing dilation is useless.

User Tag List