Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did a while ago and am just getting around to posting pics. :
One
Two
Three
Anyone else?

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 01:44 PM

Me! i bought a special bedside crib from Mothercare (big British baby store). DH is currently sleeping on the side-carred side as I can't get in/out bed easily w/ pregnancy weight!
#3 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM

I was talking to my mom the other day and trying to figure out what, if anything, needs to be done before Svetloco makes an appearance. She suggested I do this. I was like, "why would I bother? Dennis (DH) can do it after I have the baby and before I come home from the hospital." My mom's take was that James (2 yo DS) could get used to it then. I was like, "no way! Then I don't have a bedside table or a reading light anymore! I'm waiting as long as possible for that. Dennis will put it up, James will ask, 'what's that?', be told it's a bed for the baby, and that will be it."

Btw, Karen, yours is gorgeous! Ours isn't nearly that pretty. Then again, we don't have *any* "real" bedroom furniture....

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#4 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 PM

I set mine up already. I've got an Arm's Reach. It got used as a glorified cat bed last time, but DS spends half the night in our bed and most of that time is on top of me, so I think if I can get baby to sleep safely in the co-sleeper, it'd be best at least until s/he is a bit bigger.

I set it up yesterday to see if it would fit and it did. Our room is now entirely bed. DS' twin bed pushed beside our bed, our king size, then the full size Arm's Reach. And the dog bed at the foot of the cosleeper.

I think we are going to leave it assembled. When I told DS that's where the baby would be sleeping, he said "NONONO" and took me to the guest room (hilarious) to show me where the baby should sleep. So I think it's just gonna stay assembled until baby comes so we can keep going over: "Bob's bed, Mama & Daddy's bed, Baby's bed, Puppers Bed...."

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
#5 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twwly View Post
When I told DS that's where the baby would be sleeping, he said "NONONO" and took me to the guest room (hilarious) to show me where the baby should sleep.
Oh dear... maybe my mom is right and I should set the dumb thing up early...

I told DS the other day that when the baby came out of my tummy it was going to stay at our house. He said "no no no" to that one too! It dawned on me that even though we've been talking about babies and looking at other people's babies, the other babies always went home with other people and he probably didn't get that THIS baby wouldn't. So every day now I've been reminding him that I'm his mama but I am going to be the baby's mama too.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#6 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Nice matching furniture! We had one like that for ages with Orion. He pretty much never used it, though, but I liked it to keep him from falling out! Now we have bought a King, which I think will be big enough for all of us, but I did take a hand me down Arm's Reach from a friend just for safety again. That feels better than pushing the bed against the wall in the itty bitty days, and I did use it a tiny bit for going to the bathroom and such the first few days last time.

Our Arm's Reach was a glorified laundry basket last time.
#7 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Well, luckily, we still have ours up from when ds (3 1/2) was a baby. It's one of those 3 in one deals and we thought we'd use it as a toddler bed, but ended up just lowering the mattress and kept it in our room. He has had a bed set up in his room since Christmas, and just 2 weeks ago began interested in sleeping in it. He still comes to our room around 4am, so I don't know what we'll do when the new baby comes. We have a full, so there's not much room for dh, ds, and me to fit in it. He knows the new babe will sleep next to mama, so hopefully, he'll stay in his bed or dh will have to go over with him.

BTW-love that bedspread!!!!
#8 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM

I wanted to side car the crib but DH says the kind of crib we got wouldn't be stable enough to do that...any words of wisdom?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...a/Cribset1.jpg
#9 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM

Oh yours looks great! I love that it matches your bed

We set ours up about a month and a half ago, and 2 year old dd has been sleeping in it ever since. I've been trying to decide what to do about the whole sleeping arrangement thing and I think what I will do is let her continue to sleep in the side-car'ed crib, and put the baby on the other side of me next to the bed rail. I think this will work best because I tried having dd sleep on the bed rail side one night and what ended up happening was she just kept scooting over until I was practically in the crib and she had the whole bed! At least with her in the crib I can say "go to your bed" and she will scoot back into it and doesn't mind being in there with her blanket and stuffed animal...it's like her own little space. Plus if I remember correctly I think last time the newborn slept on my belly for the first month or so anyway. Oh and DH has his own room/bed so it will just be the 3 of us...and there is always the option of having DD go sleep with him if need be.
#10 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltroy View Post
I was talking to my mom the other day and trying to figure out what, if anything, needs to be done before Svetloco makes an appearance. She suggested I do this. I was like, "why would I bother? Dennis (DH) can do it after I have the baby and before I come home from the hospital." My mom's take was that James (2 yo DS) could get used to it then. I was like, "no way! Then I don't have a bedside table or a reading light anymore! I'm waiting as long as possible for that. Dennis will put it up, James will ask, 'what's that?', be told it's a bed for the baby, and that will be it."

Btw, Karen, yours is gorgeous! Ours isn't nearly that pretty. Then again, we don't have *any* "real" bedroom furniture....
Ours took A LOT of work to set up, just so you know. It is kinda of complicated! There are lots of bungee cords and plywood and 2x2 spacers in there. But it could be a little over the top safe.

#11 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
I wanted to side car the crib but DH says the kind of crib we got wouldn't be stable enough to do that...any words of wisdom?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...a/Cribset1.jpg
Hum, does one side come off? With ours, we took the front side off and then attached it to the frame of our bed with bungee cords. Then we used a piece of plywood in between the crib and the bed to give it support all the way over. As long as one side comes off and you can reinforce it with extra plywood I don't see why it wouldn't work.

#12 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbeing View Post
BTW-love that bedspread!!!!
Thanks! We love it, I wish I could find it in twin size to cut down to fit the crib. I tried forever to find another one, but to no avail!

#13 of 16 Old 06-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Mine went up this week too. Ds thinks its great...he knew right away it was the baby bed and he likes to play in it for now. He doesn't co sleep though.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#14 of 16 Old 06-05-2008, 12:05 AM

We've had our Arm's Reach Mini attached for at least a week now, even though my EDD isn't until June 23. I like having it there because I can prop a pillow between it and my back for support (I sleep mostly on my left side facing away from it) and the pillow doesn't fall off of the bed like it did before. Plus, it makes me happy to see it there knowing that we'll meet our little guy soon!

Anna ~ Mom to Ansel (6-17-08), Wife to Mac since 12-18-04, human companion to Cayley.
#15 of 16 Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Karen* View Post
Ours took A LOT of work to set up, just so you know. It is kinda of complicated! There are lots of bungee cords and plywood and 2x2 spacers in there. But it could be a little over the top safe.

You know what we did... (I don't know how safe this is but it seems really solid) is we put the front panel of the crib down underneath the crib mattress instead of using plywood. It actually brought the mattress up to the perfect level of our bed and this way we don't have to worry about storing that part of the crib.
#16 of 16 Old 06-05-2008, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
You know what we did... (I don't know how safe this is but it seems really solid) is we put the front panel of the crib down underneath the crib mattress instead of using plywood. It actually brought the mattress up to the perfect level of our bed and this way we don't have to worry about storing that part of the crib.
That sounds like a great idea, anything that will bear weight I'm sure is fine. We just wanted something to go in between our box spring and the crib fame since there is that gap there and I would be in it a lot at night.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page