I'm Estelle Getty in the Golden Girls - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Remember how she had some kind of stroke and lost the ability to censor what she said, so she said everything she meant, whenever she felt like it, regardless of whether or not it was rude? Lately - THAT'S ME.

I have always thought my husband's cousin was a terrible user and opportunist, giving as little as possible and taking wherever he could. So I told him this on Saturday and we actually had a thought-provoking quasi-philosophical discussion about takers vs. givers in society.

One of my best girlfriends is a homebody - she's happy for me to come visit anytime, but will never - EVER - come visit me (we live 5 minutes apart by car.) If I want to see her, I better show up at her door. I'm just too pooped. So she asked me the other day "why haven't I seen you lately?" and I said "I find that since I'm so insulted that you'll never come to my house, the more I come to you, the more I resent it, so it's healthier for our relationship for me to pull back a bit and visit less."

I gotta tell ya - it's like I'm 80 years old. I realize I've pulled a bit of a b*tch card (I'm HUGE and HOT and IRRITABLE!) but it's exceptionally liberating to not give a HOOT what anyone thinks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Not in your ddc but I just gotta say I love Golden Girls!

And you go right ahead and speak your mind!
#3 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 03:23 PM

i love the gg too!!!! your post made me lol!
#4 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Good for oyu! I've been like this for months! It's gotten me in trouble a few times though.
#5 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Golden Girls rock! Especially sophia!

i'm like this too (see my crabby post)...I'm waiting to come out w/ an "at least I'm pregnant, what's your excuse" comment sometime soon...They seem to surprise even me these days.
#6 of 6 Old 06-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Haha that's hilarious! I wish I was more like that...although I did write a very straight forward email to DH today that went something like

"Can you please quit smoking *for real* instead of lying to me and to yourself, and pretending to go "out for a walk" and coming back home smelling like an ashtray? Let's get real here, chewing gum and washing your hands after every "walk" doesn't cut it. Be honest, you haven't totally quit and you've really got balls by pretending to be indignant when I call you on it."

Let's just say he wasn't happy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page