Super petty nursery thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I know... our babies sleep with us and we don't NEED a nursery... But I still have one anyway. For all the clothes and diapers! Just wondering if anyone else has one and wants to share pics.
One
Two
Diaper stash

Can you guys tell that I am just downloading from my camera?

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I haven't hung anything on the walls yet. I figured I've got a lonnnnng time before baby actually sleeps in there, so I'm not in a rush!

#3 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Very pretty!
Looks like a nice comfy place to nurse and relax
#4 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 04:34 PM

Oh, how funny... we fixed up a nursery this weekend, too. For Nora, . She's finally using her bed in there, so I hung up some pictures and got her a dresser. Only took me, um, about 18 months. Oh well, it was kind of cool that she could show me what she wanted for her big girl room!

I figure I'll do the same for this babe!

Your nursery is lovely... it's nice to have a little space dedicated to the babe, even if they don't actually sleep there, isn't it?
#5 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Very nice! I don't have room for a nursery. We only have 2 bedrooms. So ds is in one and the baby's dresser is in there and baby's change pad is on my dresser and the crib is sidecarred.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#6 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 PM

Lovely room and very pretty crib. I found a crib very convenient for holding stuff until you got a chance to put it away. I think dd had a nap there once ;-) I had a nursery last time, which I enjoyed for quiet nursing time, but we don't have room in our new house. DH and I both have home offices, so baby stuff is in our bedroom.
#7 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 10:23 PM

We don't have a nursery either, but we spent all weekend changing things around. Moved dd's bed into our bedroom so that we can fit 4 together in the family bed and had to move the dressers into dd's room because we didn't have space to open the drawers Put the pack-n-play (for use as a changing table/storage area) into the family bedroom and put up some shelves w/ baskets for clothes. Using the pack-n-play to hold all the diapering supplies.

So now we have a family bedroom, a dressing room, a playroom and an office. Not really the conventional set up

Maybe I'll take pictures one of these days.

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#8 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 PM

Very nice. I think it would be fun to have a nursery. We've just never had room - and we've lived in a different house w/every new addition, lol. Historically, our kids don't get a room until they are 4 except our current 4 yr. old doesn't have one. I tell her that she shares her sister's but I don't think she buys it. She has clothes in her sister's room but sleeps in her bros bunk bed This little one - oh Lord - I have no idea where he's going to sleep when he's older...
#9 of 11 Old 06-04-2008, 11:40 PM

looks great! we've never had a nursery but looks like fun to decorate.
#10 of 11 Old 06-05-2008, 12:34 AM

Love it!!!

I loove the colors!
#11 of 11 Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink2 View Post
Lovely room and very pretty crib. I found a crib very convenient for holding stuff until you got a chance to put it away. I think dd had a nap there once ;-) I had a nursery last time, which I enjoyed for quiet nursing time, but we don't have room in our new house. DH and I both have home offices, so baby stuff is in our bedroom.
Yep, that's what I use a crib for. This is actually the one that my mom bought for DS. It got very little use, but looks nice in a room! It turns into a full size bed and we will make that room into a guest room once we move the bean into the current guest room at who knows what time. We gave DS a "big boy" bed at 15 months and he has just now started to sleep in it all night. Though right now he is cuddled up next to DH in our bed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page