Waiting... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2008, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
to meet my bean.. i feel like everyone is "going" in this ddc.. am i going to be the last one?!! i guess its possible if my edd is the 24th or 28th ( depends on who you talk to)
so, i havent written anything in a while.. i have gd and im on insulin.. i have to have nst's 2x/wk and now i have to have an u/s 1x/wk, to check my fluid, that i, p.s., had "tons" of last week.. but i guess things can change.. im so tired.. i really have enjoyed my pregnancy, but i feel like its time now, ya know.

i had my first internal this past Tuesday and i was SURE she was going to tell me that i was at least 2 centimeters, she said "well your cervix has softened but CLOSED." closed!!! I was sure something was going on in there! :

i guess patience is the key... i had tons of it, but now its wearing thin.. not like my cervix anyway, thanks for listening... talk to you soon

Lauren- Mom to Nina 2.5 yrs. & Elaina 10 mo....our next bundle is due in June! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 PM

Not that much longer now! Glad your GD seems ok.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 AM

not in your DDC (maybe next go 'round) but wanted to say hang in there. See you Sunday!

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

Old 06-05-2008, 01:13 AM

I'm not due until the 29th, so I'll probably be the last hear leaving the light on. This is my last baby though, so I'm trying to remember how special this time is, and do fun stuff with my son while he's still the center of attention.

But I have not had any complications, so I can only imagine how that might add to the waiting for baby stress.

Oh, and remember for some the cervix opens all in one night.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Is this your first? Waiting for my first was the hardest. Of course, I convinced myself that, unlike other first time moms who usually went late, I was going to have my baby at 38 wks. Yeah, that's just asking for it!

I'm okay waiting for babies now. I learned my lesson. I'm not due until the end of the month so you won't be the last I'm in no rush. Don't let vag exams get you down. The best way to avoid that is not to have them. You hardly ever hear what you want to hear. Plus, they really really don't mean anything. I walked around for 2 wks. at 3 cm. w/my first - didn't matter! With my 2nd, I didn't have exams but I had her in less than 2 hrs. so I had to have gone from nothing to 10 in that time frame. So, seriously, don't worry about it. Babies get ready to be born in lots of ways, not just dilation.

Hang in there. It won't be long. I'm right there with ya.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 AM

I'm due the 25th...no action here... Keep your head up!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 AM

Due the 22nd and nothing really here either. Lots of wishing... but that's it. Well, maybe a little mucus plug loosing, but hardly.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 06-05-2008, 05:13 AM

I'm totally with you - I'm terribly impatient and I promised myself after my first pregnancy (after I understood how hard a newborn can be) that I'd never be in a rush at the end of a pregnancy again! But here I am again....

I feel like I'm just perpetually waiting - waiting - waiting and trying so hard to do special things with DD while she's still the only star in the show - but I'm tired and it's HOT! and getting tougher by the day.

Due in 11 days.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Oi I'm "due" on the 27th, and despite what my parents and my DH keep telling me abou going early, I firmly believe that nothing's going to happen past my due date. I don't even have BH contractions anymore; it really seems like NOTHING is happening, so I'm getting myself mentally prepared for a late baby. It is my first after all. Also, if she came later, it would give me more time to organize the apartment, make more diapers and get my mat benefits sorted out.

Unless something totally unlikely happens, I'll be here till the end (and maybe even joining the July DDC!).
Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 AM

Hey, I'm due in 5 days and I know I'll be here for awhile yet - dd was 11 days over. It can get you down....just enjoy the summer weather, and find a project to work on! That's how I've learned to deal with my always-overdue-ness. Cleaning or cooking or organizing or creating.

And hey, with my first 2 kids I didn't open up one fingertip until labor was underway. Doesn't mean anything.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:05 AM

oops, double post.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM

don't forget about me...I'm due the 30th.

hang in there, mama...I'm not even considered term, yet and it's all so close yet so far away. I am ready to be done being pregnant, but need a bit more time to get stuff done.

perhaps I should stop checking MDC so often? But, you ladies are like an addiction! Just. Can't. Stop.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha1 View Post
i feel like everyone is "going" in this ddc.. am i going to be the last one?!!
If it makes you feel any better, I thought being due at the beginning of the month would be easy! But, now that we're having 2-3 births every day from moms who were due later than me, it's getting hard! I knew it would happen. I knew I'd probably give birth closer to the middle of the month, but it doesn't make it any easier.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:12 PM

I'm due the 21st and nothing going on here either. DD was 40 + 5 and I fully expect this one to cook past my EDD too. I know the waiting is hard.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM

I am also not due until the end of the month, and I have a feeling I may go into July. Due to hospital policy here I have never gone into labor on my own so this will be a new experience for me.

OT a friend of mine who's wife is almost 6 months along asked me yesterday when #3 was sliding into home. I told him EDD was 22 days away but " normal" gustation is anywhere from 37-42 weeks so it could be 2 days or 36 he was shocked that it is that up in the air( Im sure his wife will insist on inducing ASAP she is just like that)

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM

I wish I had more to do while I was waiting... I don't want to start any big projects, in fact, it's hard to do anything but wait... I'd love to try to have a different mind set about the whole thing. I'm sure there's things I *could* be doing, but the motivation is just not there. I may try and go shopping today with DD. BTW I'm 40+1 and every hour seems to go more slowly than the previous.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the words of encouragement ladies!! I REALLY appreciate it!!

im feeling a bit better today how long did that take! haha.. well i have my shower tomorrow, im really excited for that! oh and i told my job that my last day is going to be the 20th.. i feel like a weight has been lifted.. anyway, ill be talking to you soon..

oh, this is my first pregnancy.. that probably IS the reason for my anxiousness.

Lauren- Mom to Nina 2.5 yrs. & Elaina 10 mo....our next bundle is due in June! joy.gif
Old 06-07-2008, 12:54 PM

I'm due the 27th, so I'm right there too. It's making me crazy, all this waiting!

As of last Wednesday my cervix was soft and I was a fingertip dialted, baby was at -2 station. But of course in the grand scheme of things this means not a whole lot...
Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmakes3 View Post
don't forget about me...I'm due the 30th.
Me too!

So for all of you later June mamas out there - how are you feeling? What are you up to? Anyone else have a big to do list?

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

Old 06-07-2008, 02:05 PM

I'm waiting right along with you... I'm due sometime btwn the 26th and the 30th, depending on who you ask. I've had one babe go early, but the other two were w/n hours of their due dates, so I figure I've got a while yet.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:00 PM

I did some good nesting last week but I don't think I'm halfway done and I still have stuff to buy, too!! Diapers to order, carseat, nursing bras, oh lord.

I'm also totally drained. DD1 (w/Rett Syndrome) had a cluster of seizures on Thursday - dh was out of town, emergency meds didn't work, dh flies in immediately, we go to the er, and on and on. She's fine - seizures come w/the syndrome but it was a BIG day. I need to nest but I'm so tired after the whole ordeal. But we're all fine - just recooping, yk? I did have a funny moment at the hospital. If I went into labor, how funny would it be to have gotten to say "I'm in labor. I have to go home. I can't have my baby here!" It tickled me b/c it is so ironic

I'd also like to have a mean pregnant woman moment within the secrecy of this thread I finally, through a major ordeal, rehomed our family dog. Had to happen. Within the last 2 weeks she was with us we had to spend more $$ on vet bills than we had in the 4 yrs. we had her. In the end, she had gotten fleas which she was severely allergic to and after having a professional come over and spray WE STILL HAVE THEM!!!! There's a guarantee so they'll come out and spray next week but, seriously, a flea infesation is the last thing you want on your mind when you are due in 2 weeks:

I'm going to visit the mw next week. Everything is going fine. After upping my protein the ankle swelling totally subsided. I think the baby might be posterior which only concerns me b/c I have back labor regardless of position. I really don't need a posterior baby to make it worse.

Gah, I hope I'm a week late. I need to clean, relax, and rest. In that order.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM

I know I'm at the end too, although feeling pretty strong feelings today. . . but I'll just wait 25 more days or so

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering

User Tag List