Bummed with breech. Update & request #21 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 06-12-2008, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sending positive spinning vibes your way...please baby...upside down is what you want to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 PM

Fourish weeks of window left for spinning to occur!!! You've got my vibes ~~~~~~~

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#33 of 42 Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the positive sentiments and encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ View Post
:anecdotally swimming (breechbabies.com) and doing headstands has worked for two family members
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post
You say swimming, but have you done deep diving? Worked for me, and the midwife that wrote about it said it has never failed for her. I was in a pool that went to 12 feet and went down twice. She said it can take 3 or 4 times I believe. Good luck mama.
I've tried to find a pool around here that's deep, but no luck. There's an aquatic center close by with an Olympic-size dive tank that's probably nearly 20 feet deep but they don't allow access to the general public for that. Our deepest public pool in town is being renovated -- go figure. I think the deepest pool I can find is 9 feet or so. I'll keep trying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc1995 View Post
I am sending tons of turning vibes your way!! Dd was breech until almost 39 weeks. I was a complete and total wreck worrying about it. I was out raking leaves when she finally turned.
Maybe this should encourage me to get out and work in my weedy flower beds... It's finally sunny this afternoon, so I should take advantage of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspirit View Post
Is there a way you could go to Tacoma General?
I had my first at Tacoma General and it was a good experience. However, if I want to stick with my current mw, I have to go to St. Joe's. I've heard really good things about them and am hoping all will go well there whether I get my natural water birth or end up with a c/s.

I'm really hoping my little one just hasn't decided she's ready yet and she'll get into position as soon as she is. Meanwhile, I'll be doing headstands and moxibustion...
#34 of 42 Old 06-12-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've tried to find a pool around here that's deep, but no luck. There's an aquatic center close by with an Olympic-size dive tank that's probably nearly 20 feet deep but they don't allow access to the general public for that. Our deepest public pool in town is being renovated -- go figure. I think the deepest pool I can find is 9 feet or so. I'll keep trying...
It never hurts to ask. Most pool supervisers/managers I've had the pleasure to know are pretty laid back.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#35 of 42 Old 06-13-2008, 12:56 AM

I think 9 feet is worth a try!

Also, since you said you were still on the fence, I would like to submit this blog post for your consideration.

http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/03/...of-normal.html

It was linked on my midwife's blog and made me feel better about the idea of vaginal breech when I hadn't turned.
#36 of 42 Old 06-13-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm scheduled for an external version on Saturday, but I think the statistical chances of that working are something like 30-40% lower than the chiropractics working, so I'm not holding that out as "the" solution>>>>

Really? I didn't know that. I had one with my 2nd pregnancy around 38 weeks and it worked for me. He stayed put and I went on to have a normal vaginal birth.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Dee
#37 of 42 Old 06-13-2008, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post
Also, since you said you were still on the fence, I would like to submit this blog post for your consideration.

http://www.homebirth.net.au/2008/03/...of-normal.html

It was linked on my midwife's blog and made me feel better about the idea of vaginal breech when I hadn't turned.
Thanks for the link -- can't wait to get home from work so I can read through the site more fully. If by babe was fully breech, I think it would be easier for me to decide, but she's kind of diagonal -- a cross between breech and transverse. I'm really willing to wait for labor to start to see if it helps shift her, though. We'll see what she decides to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDee4 View Post
Really? I didn't know that. I had one with my 2nd pregnancy around 38 weeks and it worked for me. He stayed put and I went on to have a normal vaginal birth.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Dee
The chiropractor I'm seeing has a 90% success rate at getting babies to turn. It's supposed to be his specialty. According to what I can find online the success rate for ecv is supposed to be around 65%. I don't know how successful the particular doctor who's doing my ecv... we'll see. Dee, I hope I have the same experience as you!
#38 of 42 Old 06-18-2008, 01:07 AM

Any changes? :

Mama to 3 amazing girls
#39 of 42 Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 AM

Subbing, thinking this baby may be in a very similar position, will find out for sure soon.

Best to you, mama. Good positioning vibes going your way.
#40 of 42 Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yes! We had the ecv on Saturday and it worked. Took less than a minute from start to finish (the actual manipulation of the baby.) She dropped right into place Guess she just needed a nudge. Hoping she stays that way!

Good luck to others trying to get your babies to turn, too!
#41 of 42 Old 06-18-2008, 02:31 PM

YAY!!!! I am so happy to read this!

#42 of 42 Old 06-18-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes! We had the ecv on Saturday and it worked. Took less than a minute from start to finish (the actual manipulation of the baby.) She dropped right into place Guess she just needed a nudge. Hoping she stays that way!

Good luck to others trying to get your babies to turn, too!
Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear it worked for you!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page