Wowie!

Congratulations!
#32 of 35 Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ View Post
so happy for you that things went okay and she is safe in your arms! that is a wild story.

fwiw, ds #2 was born with nuchal cord x6 but more importantly, two true knots as well. vaginal birth, no real warning of any trouble other than some decels to 90ish during pushing (but his heartrate would pop right back up again).

i was 40w4 days and he was only 6lbs8oz and 19". just a wee lil monkey, same kind of thing, we figured so tiny because of the knots (none of my babies have been big, but he had just no fat on him at all).

he grew like CRAZY. i don't remember specifics, but he gained over 4lbs in his first 4 weeks and i know he had TRIPLED HIS BIRTHWEIGHT BY 6 MONTHS. Rockin'. He was so chubby.

I was very nervous about his development etc due to the cording, although his O2 sats were perfect. He is almost 4 now and has shown no signs of any problems (I was assured right after his birth that he would be fine, but you know). He is such a miracle and I am so glad God kept him safe when I had no idea he was in such trouble.

Be gentle with yourself and enjoy your precious girl!
6 times! wow...I am so glad to hear about the normal weight gain! This little one has no fat on her either...I can't wait to see a little chub!
#33 of 35 Old 06-10-2008, 07:16 PM

I am glad she arrived safely!
Welcome baby
Congratulations!

Quoteriginally Posted by aswbarry~A~ Mama to DD 6y, DD , DD 3y and DD 1y
#34 of 35 Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Popping in from July to say WOW! What a birth story!

I am SO glad your baby girl is safe in your arms. And she really is absolutely beautiful!
#35 of 35 Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonah View Post
6 times! wow...I am so glad to hear about the normal weight gain! This little one has no fat on her either...I can't wait to see a little chub!
He barely had enough cord to make it out - they had to cut and clamp a zillion times and he was halfway out for awhile. It was wrapped around his shoulder once two. Crazy.

I think he gained so fast because of the knots. Kind of like a starving or malnourished person - once his body got hold of some serious calories it just hung on to them. It was good to see, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page