Home Sweet HOME! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2008, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a DAY!!

So as I posted in our daily update thread I had been up since 145am with intense contractions every 3-6 minutes.

Finally we made arrangements for the girls and headed in to confirm labor... On the way to the hospital I started getting nervous, contx sort of tapered off, but I felt TONS of pressure and felt like I might puke...

Once in the triage room the nurse hands me this... Ace bandage type of slip on to hold onto the monitors... It was like an open ended sock that covered my ENTIRE midsection, from breasts to public line...

I was immediately SO PISSED OFF... I put on this torture band and laid down... I couldn't breath, I coudln't feel my tummy... I couldn't concentrate... I wanted to rip it off and throw it out of the window, but I'd been up all night and wasn't ready to start arguing. I figured after they did the initial monitor I could switch the less invasive blue and pink strips...

I left the hospital three hours later... No regular contractions, dilated to three centimeters, and baby had somehow inched back up. I felt NO pressure, not even the cervix grinding I've been feeling for WEEKS!!

I've slept for a few hours... and I'm not mad I'm not in labor, glad I get a second chance. I will NOT be wearing that DAMN thing again... I even saved the regular bands they use to use when I go back...

What does make me mad is I feel stupid... I feel like I cried wolf... Now I'm going to be even more leary of packing up and going... I'm going to want something CONCRETE... like a HEAD sticking out...and in that case... start the bath, grab some towels... :P

Hope everyne has a GREAT night!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 AM

"a head sticking out" you sure that's enough proof...she could always inch back up again! lol Don't feel bad mama your allowed to cry wolf as many times as you need. Sounds to me like your body is really ready, maybe this is just a nice break for you to get rested up before labor starts back up again. Sorry to hear you had such a rough day!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:23 AM

Aw, s mama. At least you know what you DON'T want! ELV.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 AM

mama
and when I had the UTI (and thought it was PTL, talk about crying wolf!) they made me wear that bandage belly thing too! It was awful, I said to my DH right then I'm so glad I'm not in real labor trying to wear this thing! I hope you can get another option when its the real deal!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 06-12-2008, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

Definitely... I later asked for the normal pink blue strips...and it felt like heaven... Regardless I want intermittent monitoring if baby's fine...

Screw that band man... if they're going to enforce that they may as well give me cloroform too!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 AM

ick, i would snap if i had to put that on.

i cried wolf with #2 i'm sure he's coming soon!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 AM

O mama! I have feared this everyime "crying wolf" but you know sometimes it just is so strange to pinpoint and hey everyone is working for you! So don't worry about it! And hey your already at 3 only 7 more to go

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
Old 06-12-2008, 11:25 AM

I "cried wolf" too w/ #2...if you call it that, it sure felt like labour to me!!!

I called the MWs to my house at like 4 a.m. or something ridiculous and when they got here? Nothing. not a wisp of a ctx. They said they "scared my ctxs away." lol. I have a feeling I'll wait longer to call this time around for that very feeling of having gotten it wrong before.

Get some rest, mama, and we'll all be waiting to hear the fab news when your bean is ready to appear.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM

i cried wolf 2 different times with #4, gosh you would have thought i knew what i was doing. i never went to the hospital but i did call family and friends that were going to be coming to the hospital with me and told them to get some extra sleep!

you dont have to wait till there is a head to know but you can definately stay home a lot longer. its always hard to know when to go!

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)

User Tag List