Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post
41 even today.

BUT, I did lose some plug yesterday. Only a very little bit though. And I *think* I might have a little leak. It's not pee I'm pretty sure, but it doesn't seem constant enough for a leak, so . And I'm having some crampy contractions, but no pattern really.
That sounds awfully promising to me!! ELVs heading your way!

Although, I have to say I was listing off possible labor signs to Dh and said something along the lines of "well, it may not mean much now, but I think they're all promising, I'll have this babe eventually..." So, Dh looks up at me and says, "Um, honey, you're 38 weeks pregnant! I think it's pretty much a guarantee at this point that you're *eventually* going to have a baby!"

Thank goodness I have Dh to rein in pregnant brain when it takes me over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM

37 wks + 5 days today.

Been sleeping well for the past 2 nights due to much nicer weather. Went to a huge neighborhood picnic with DSS last night, which got some contractions going, but not much. Last night, I felt this very intense and uncomfortable pressure on my cervix when I got up to go pee...so maybe things are happening! Today, got all the vaccuming done, cleaned the bathroom, did the recycling and the trash....Went to see my doc which took a good 2 hours (she's always late!).

Bellybean is head down, *no longer posterior*, doing very well at 140 bmp, and that her head is REALLY low. Since I'm only at 37 wks, she said she won't do an internal exam to check my cervix until next week, which is fine and dandy with me. She told me that she's on call next Friday and the following Wednesday, so could I please go into labor then? I would if I could!

Only sort of negative thing: the doc looked at my birth plan and told me straight out that it's impossible for them to guarantee that only a female doctor would perform vaginal exams. I had already told them about my personal history regarding male docs, but that doesn't seem to change anything...She told me "we train our men well here, don't worry", but I'm still a bit uncomfortable with the idea of a male doc performing an internal exam on me. I guess it's not a HUGE deal, but...meh.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 PM

37 weeks 6 days.

I'm slightly more than a centimeter dialated, 50% effaced, and baby is still at minus 2 station. My OB seemed excited and said I've made "progess". So if he's excited, I'm going to be excited too. He confirmed that she has dropped, but her head isn't any farther down than it was last week before she dropped. I still have the feeling I'm having a July baby.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:30 PM

38+1

I totally learned my lesson from yesterday... I finally forced dh to compile my music cd, printed out my birth plan and cheat sheet for my doula... I feel so much more prepared...so I'm sure my little guy is holding my ribs with hi toes!

Belly rubs everyone!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM

Got back from my 40 week appt - still no change from last week, so I couldn't even take my doc up on her offer for a membrane sweep (b/c I'm not dilated enough for one). ...so I've scheduled all sorts of "important" things for next week and gave my acupuncture guy a call.

Let's see... so if sex at term shortens pregnancy by an average of 4.4 days (according to one study I read) and acupuncture shortens it by an average of 21 hours (according to another), statistically this baby has no prayer of lingering until 42 weeks! Happily, nobody seems to have a problem waiting it out until then if that's what it takes.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 PM

Needles and sex... sounds good!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHen2J&J View Post
LMAO.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

Old 06-12-2008, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHen2J&J View Post
:

Wow, the June DDC has a bunch of wild mamas! I didn't have *quite* that much fun when I was in my early twenties... :
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the encouragement mamas. Nothing new here though. I think I am being totally cynical about it because I keep hearing all these long prodromal stories. I figure there is no point in focusing on anything until I get strong and regular contractions.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
that it's impossible for them to guarantee that only a female doctor would perform vaginal exams. I had already told them about my personal history regarding male docs, but that doesn't seem to change anything...She told me "we train our men well here, don't worry"
ABSOLUTELY 100% REFUSE to have a male nurse or male Dr./resident do vaginal checks.

You have a choice. They have other options. This excuse she handed you is 1,000% total crap and should never have to be tolerated. Period. I can't even BELIEVE she said that to you.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
ABSOLUTELY 100% REFUSE to have a male nurse or male Dr./resident do vaginal checks.

You have a choice. They have other options. This excuse she handed you is 1,000% total crap and should never have to be tolerated. Period. I can't even BELIEVE she said that to you.
: It's your body. You are the only one who get's to choose what goes into it, including whose fingers. Period.

Ugh. This is something that would be so f***ing obvious to ANY observer in any other situation... why are pregnant women always the blankety-blank exception? :
Old 06-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Halfasianmom, I agree with the pps. You have a right to refuse. Have you discussed this with your doula and dh? Have them advocate for you at the hospital. I'm sorry you have to worry about this.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 PM

I'm filling up my birth pool right now
Not in labor though , the water filters so we can fill it now and the water can stay in for a week

Its exciting though! I'm having a baby in there!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
Old 06-12-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
I'm filling up my birth pool right now
Not in labor though , the water filters so we can fill it now and the water can stay in for a week

Its exciting though! I'm having a baby in there!
OMG, I'd never be able to keep dd out of it! She'd have My Little Ponies floating around on rafts.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 PM

LOL! my DD I'm sure will want in it constantly....it has a locking cover though, with a key, so I can keep her out

but we're allowed to go in it before labor too, she even encouraged me to to help with my BP/swelling! And she said it was ok for DD to go in too, just make sure shes clean before going in. So we really do have a spa in our kitchen right now

I'm actually really glad we can pre-fill it, because its taken over an hour and a half to fill this thing!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
LOL! my DD I'm sure will want in it constantly....it has a locking cover though, with a key, so I can keep her out

but we're allowed to go in it before labor too, she even encouraged me to to help with my BP/swelling! And she said it was ok for DD to go in too, just make sure shes clean before going in. So we really do have a spa in our kitchen right now

I'm actually really glad we can pre-fill it, because its taken over an hour and a half to fill this thing!
Mmmm... that sounds wonderful! I'm so glad for you!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:56 PM

38 weeks + 1 day today. I had my midwife appointment today and she told me that she thought about me all weekend, half expecting to see me in labor. I told her maybe this weekend, but I REALLY hope not on Saturday. That is when the U of Washington has its graduation ceremonies and I am delivering at the U hospital. I would be stuck in traffic, while in labor!!

Feeling much better today because the sun is shining and dd let me nap!!!!

Funny mw story...at my last appointment the nurse recorded by weight as 274 lbs! Not anywhere even close to my real weight....my midwife almost had a heart attack.

j
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qerratsmom View Post
Halfasianmom, I agree with the pps. You have a right to refuse. Have you discussed this with your doula and dh? Have them advocate for you at the hospital. I'm sorry you have to worry about this.
I told DH about it, and my doula knows about my history of sexual abuse from a male doctor...I kinda thought that they (the hospital staff) would be understanding seeing my history, but...guess not. At this point, I'm honestly just not going to waste energy worrying myself sick about it, and if some male doc/nurse shows up to give me an internal, I'll refuse. DH promised he would beat up whatever man, doctor or not, would try to stick his fingers in my hoohaa.

I mean, I don't mind if it's a male resident on staff, but I just. can't. handle. internal exams from a male doctor. Just can't. I didn't think it was that much to ask
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 PM

I don't think thats too much to ask either! I'm glad your DH is prepared to stick up for you!!

User Tag List