Hey Kylahroo! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-12-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mama, been wondering how you're doing... how you're settling in with Juniper? Is nursing still getting on track and going well? And, most importantly, do you have any cute pics of her in any of the gorgeous fluff you knitted???

Hope all is well!
#2 of 8 Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM

been thinking about ya too mama! Hope you are recovering from your c-section. Been there done that before and it sure is hard.
#3 of 8 Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanks for asking, Katherine! We're actually doing really well. Got 11 hours of sleep the first night home (I knew I needed to get out of that hospital). She sleeps/nurses most of the night.

Surgical births really suck. I've been meaning to post as I have some questions and don't know where to go to get answers! But, I got out to my 9 year old's soccer game tonight which was nice. Got my stitches out yesterday and the "burning" has gotten much better. Since I'm not on pain meds (except for Ibuprofen), I've been taking it really easy. If this is my last baby, I really want to enjoy every second. I actually kind of like the forced laziness! We've had a lot of help and dh is home so it's working well.

Nursing is going very well. She still has a small mouth (isn't taking enough nipple) and we're working on her "fishy lips", but the initial latch is only what hurts and only for a few seconds. She's getting tons of milk and loves it. She only gets "the finger" in the car and as we're not out and about much, that's been really limited.

Every day, she's worn something new and I've been trying to take pics! Although, I'm still knitting (I thought the obsession would end). Decided she just had to have a pink bonnet and matching booties! Have one bootie left to knit - hoping to do it tonight.
#4 of 8 Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 PM

I've been thinking about you too! I've told so many people now about the nurse checking you and getting her finger sucked! I'm glad things are going pretty well and that you are having a relaxing babymoon.
#5 of 8 Old 06-13-2008, 01:30 AM

She is beautiful and I'm so glad you are doing well together - been thinking about you often...

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#6 of 8 Old 06-13-2008, 03:04 AM

So glad to hear that things are going well. Surgical births DO suck and I applaud you for your positive attitude. My negative attitude after mine certainly did not help. Keep it up!
#7 of 8 Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 AM

you sound great, Tanya. Glad to hear things are going well, considering the surgery recovery and all. I love your insight on the "forced relaxation" as it really does enable you to absorb and enjoy your new little one and take it easy! Hope you continue to heal well!
#8 of 8 Old 06-13-2008, 03:04 PM

Wow, Tanya. Hats off to you, mama. You sound so strong. I just read your birth story a minute ago. Holy smokes. What a lot you've all been through.

Sending love and congratulations to one beautiful little (actually, big) family!

Sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page