Splitting Hairs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I conceived via a trigger shot and IUI. That means we can pinpoint the date of conception pretty well. The RE that I saw uses that date to determine EDD, but my MW uses the date of LMP. There is a 4 day difference (22nd vs 26th), which seemed insignificant a couple of months ago, but is starting to seem more and more important in my mind. Which date would you put on your calendar as the 40 week mark? I know it doesn't mean the baby will come, it is just a milestone, you know?
#2 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I would go by the RE, but that is just me!

Jacqueline
#3 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM

I'd use the RE date, too....
#4 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:22 PM

We went through that with our third. I'd go with conception date over LMP for sure. (FWIW, my DD came a week before her EDD...haha...she was smaller than my other three, too, so I'm sure we were right on.) In my case, LMP is usually off by 5-7days; I'm not a 28-day cycler naturally.

Best wishes to you! Still hanging out and waiting here, too.
#5 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 PM

I'd just pick whichever date is later and use that. Better for the morale if you go post dates [says the woman who's now officially post dates]

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#6 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM

We use NFP and I knew when I ovulated... By my ovulation date my due date would have been 4 days before my lmp due date. We kept both of them in mind in case i did go post dates so I would have more time to play with... but I used my ovulation due date most of the time...

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
#7 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kltroy View Post
I'd just pick whichever date is later and use that. Better for the morale if you go post dates [says the woman who's now officially post dates]
Me, too, absolutely! But, the conception "date" (wasn't sure which one that was) will, technically, be more accurate.
#8 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM

I'd probably go with the conception date but the idea of just sticking with the later date seems good, too. Early on, it doesn't seem to matter too much but if you have someone pressuring you about being 'overdue' it's probably nice to have a cushion of a few days.
#9 of 12 Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM

I like the idea of going with the later date!
#10 of 12 Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

At the MW today I found that they had changed my edd on all my charts to the 22nd. I had forgotten that it became an issue a few weeks ago when I had to go to l & d for frequent contractions (I was dehydrated.) I was straddling the 35/36 week line, which made a difference in which hospital I would go to because of the level of NICU care. Anyway, I guess I that point they decided to use my date of conception since we know it exactly-- the 4 day difference was working in my favor. I guess if I go more than 2 weeks past edd it will work against me. So now my "official" edd is the 22nd--for better or worse.
#11 of 12 Old 06-14-2008, 02:13 AM

I'm so brain dead I can't figure out if you need time or don't want time... LOL Don't bother breaking it down for me... I'd need diagrams and someone holding my hand... I'm so dumb today! :P

Anyways, I just wanted to say I feel your pain... I've always known my cycle lengths and it gets so frustrating when hcp wont factor in that you aren't a normal 28 day-er... My first baby I was 22-23 days... so it made a BIG difference in my mind!!

Hope I'm making sense!! :P
#12 of 12 Old 06-14-2008, 07:52 PM

We've used FAM to conceive all 3 times, so I knew when I ovulated for #1 and #3 exactly, and walked into the MWs saying, "I'm due on...." they have always said, "Mmmm, okay." With #2, DH went out of town for work for 3 weeks, so I figured there's no way we'll get pg this month and stopped charting. Except, oops, we got pg that month. so then I had a 6 day window where I might have ovulated. My MW got out the "date wheel" calculated from lmp, and added 6 days! She was like, "how does the 15th sound?" I said, sure and guess when he was born. the 15th!

Anyway, all that is to say that I think I'd go w/ the later date b/c I'd rather have the "insurance" on the other end, but I have absolutely no familiarity w/ IUI procedures, so I might be speaking out of turn...although PPs have said they'd go w/ later, too.

At this point, i would totally share your frustration, too, though. I absolutely do not want to have this baby in July, despite my due date being the 30th of June! I'm counting on never having gone past my due date to get me through!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page