Update thread 6/13 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG Neomia, I have the same problem with my dh and last night I could've killed him! The BHX were getting kind of intense so much to the point that my midwife had me time them and asked if I could have my dh check my dialation BUT dh had a cough and didn't feel well and so in the midst of me being in possible labor my dh is complaining about his throat and moaning about how tired he is. So yea, I feel your pain. I wanted to hit him over the head with a frying pan...I swear. Ugh.

Luckily he is always a solid rock for me when labor gets intense and really serious. Still....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 PM

38+1. I feel stupid posting to these update threads with absolutely nothing happening... biggest kick to my day is coming in about an hour. Dh wants a bottle of nice Scotch for Father's Day, so I'm going to take the kids and waddle my hugely pregnant self into the ABC store. I'm sure to give somebody a laugh.

Don't think babe is heading earthside anytime soon. Got a good night's sleep last night, which I desperately needed. Knitting away on yet another baby hat... Just feeling kind of neutrally blah. Not terrible but not great either. I can't really DO anything b/c 1) I'm HUGE and 2) I'm not allowed outside (it's really hot and there are wildfires burning that have the air full of smoke). So, I just poke around the house all day. Meh, I'm bored. Where's a good West Wing marathon when you need one, right?
#33 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 PM

I sympathize about having to give all the updates, i actually feel like i disappoint people when they see i haven't had the baby yet. during our morning walk two ladies saw me and said "oh my i hope you aren't too far from your car!" and i looked at ds (2yrs) and dh and wondered why they would say such a thing. I completely didn't realize why i should be near my car.

as far as all the smoking people, let me help you take it down a thousand: i secondhand smoked 2 packs a day until i moved out at 17, she says she didn't smoke while she was pregnant or nursing me for 1.5yrs, but since she has always smoked, i think she was lying..... so its not life or death, it just seems that way now.

i have been having scary thoughts about having pneumonia when my newby was 9 wks gest, and this am i woke up thinking he-she will be born blind?!?? where does that come from?

its friday the 13th and strangely i had a great nites sleep, and am not in severe bladder and pelvic pain like i've been for weeks. been walking in the am and dtd every nite, but i discussed a stretch and sweep w/ mw at yesterday's appt (after weeks of pain and being told that the babe was surely already 8lbs and would surely be 9or so if i went 40 plus) and as soon as she mentioned risks i dec ided no.

she said if i changed my mind i could call, but feeling so good like i do today, i don't think i will.

btw i think im going to have to encap my own placenta if i deliver soon, my mom had a "mild" heart attack last night......
#34 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 PM

38+1

balanced mama and Sunie P, I'm hope your family members are well soon!

Yes, ladies, WHY are dh's such whiners when we are the ones going through the hard stuff??? My dh has been the same way. I even told him when I am in labor, I do not want to hear about "how tired you are, how stuffed up you are, or how much mucus you have in your respiratory tract." He said, "Oh, I didn't know it bothered you when I talked about those things."

Went swimming with ds today and got the grocery shopping out of the way with dh.
#35 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 08:35 PM

Liberty has a mini-eviction notice.
My BP was up 140/90 again at the MWs house, we took it with 3 different BP monitors (mine, her electronic one, and manually) and that was the LOWEST #.....so we're walking a very fine line. I'm supposed to try castor oil and a breast pump on sunday (she has a very overdue mom going for a hospital induction today, so she wanted me to wait until sunday). I'm not too thrilled about rushing her out, but at this point its this or going to the hospital and likely being on pit, so I'm at least going to TRY first. She also tried a sweep today, and while I was 1cm and very soft, my cervix was too far back for her to get a good sweep in she said.
so, blah. Send me labor vibes please? and lowering BP vibes too....

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#36 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaMo View Post
36wk6d

DH & one of our friends last night tried to put the carseat in. It's still not in quite right.
In some areas firefighters are car seat experts and you can go by to have them check your installation. Doesn't hurt to call your local firehouse and ask.
#37 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
Liberty has a mini-eviction notice.
Awww, Phoenix, I'm sorry...
Sending all my labor vibes your way - if there are any here, they're yours!!
You're doing such a great job being patient and working hard to give her every spare moment in there - do what you need to do to make a safe choice for you both - and then be ok with being wise about that... we're all behind you!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#38 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 10:05 PM

its just frustrating because my BP is lower at home, and she DOES acknowledge that, but at the same time she can't discount that the readings at her house have been too high for the past 3-4 weeks...shes afraid its going to shoot up in labor. at least with a homebirth I DO have the advantage of being at home, in my air conditioner, and in my birth pool, so maybe that will help keep it down....

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#39 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Awww, Phoenix, I'm sorry...
Sending all my labor vibes your way - if there are any here, they're yours!!
You're doing such a great job being patient and working hard to give her every spare moment in there - do what you need to do to make a safe choice for you both - and then be ok with being wise about that... we're all behind you!
I agree 100% with BirthFree... take care of yourself and give yourself permission to make the choices you need to make, then don't look back. You're still having great readings at home, where you will actually birth your babe. There's no reason to think that you won't continue to have good readings there during a nice, relaxed, focused labor. to you Mama!
#40 of 41 Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 PM

Thanks mamas! I don't feel like such a B now. And in all fairness, he has pushed through alot today, even with his back hurting.

Hugs and vibes for all who need them. I am having some dinner and then going to start cohosh, so keeping it short.
#41 of 41 Old 06-14-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
its just frustrating because my BP is lower at home, and she DOES acknowledge that, but at the same time she can't discount that the readings at her house have been too high for the past 3-4 weeks...shes afraid its going to shoot up in labor. at least with a homebirth I DO have the advantage of being at home, in my air conditioner, and in my birth pool, so maybe that will help keep it down....
How does your midwife feel about trying herbal stuff during labor to keep your BP down? We treated someone recently with herbs during labor (a nasty, dark concoction of hops, valerian and skullcap - something similar is in Susan Weed's book) and her BP stayed below what it had been before went into labor. And it was a long, hard labor. Maybe something to talk to her about trying

Sorry you have to be dealing with this

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page