6/15 update thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-15-2008, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qerratsmom View Post
Lost some of my plug this morning and started having sporadic but stronger ctx. Went to my dad's for lunch but I just felt like I wanted to be at home so dh and I went back and my parents watched the kids for the afternoon which was heaven. Dh and I took a 3 hr nap and a hike but ctx didn't change so I called my dad and he brought the kids back around 7:30. Now the ctx are still short and sporadic but getting a little more intense. I'm trying to get dd to sleep (she won't go to bed for dh), but she is saying that there are too many faeries in our house and they keep biting her knees??

Off to try and put her to sleep again. I REALLY need her to go to sleep soon and see if I can't kick start labor.
ELV and good wishes to you mama!!
#32 of 35 Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 PM

*mama moose* - I really believe that your body is going to surprise you... you'll go into labor spontaneously when it's time for you and your babe. Hang in there, you're doing great!!

BirthFree - I'm glad you got your birthbeads strung up... Post a pic if you get a chance. I'm so excited about wearing mine when it's time! Oh, and I've decided that my babe is waiting for yours to be born. No cutting in line, you know. So, in the meantime I'm going to send all my labor vibes to you. Hopefully, that will stop my prodomal crap and tip you over the edge into full-blown labor. Sound like a deal???
#33 of 35 Old 06-15-2008, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

~MamaJava~ -
Ooh I like the idea of being "Superdue" rather than "overdue". Then again, I find it amusing to tell people I was due last week and see the looks on their faces. At least you're dilated enough to *have* a stretch and sweep - even at 40 weeks there was no way anyone could get a finger in there for me : I told my baby that Wednesday would be a good day for a birthday.

*mama moose* don't get discouraged! I'm sure everything will work out ok and your little one will decide to make an appearance on its own time. Guess all you can do is try and relax and keep the BP low so she has time to cook a little longer.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#34 of 35 Old 06-16-2008, 12:02 AM

Good morning everybody! Yes, it is the 16th here already, so I'm late for the update again.
I'm 39+2 today and even though nothing 'happened' I feel like things are definitely moving the right way. baby hasn't dropped yet, but I am getting to the point where I think about getting up and doing the dishes at least twice...!

Katherine, I'm so sorry about your water dilemma! Ugh, that would just about give me the rest now... Here we've had enough rain recently, so our containers are full, but even if they weren't we could just call the 'water-man' and have him come with a truck full of water...

The day before yesterday my mw commented that my feet looked swollen and when I looked down on them, I saw this hideous pair of elephant feet at the end of my legs : ! Aw, well... It'll all pass, I guess.
Actually yesterday was a really good day, bc my birth helper problem kind of solved itself. My mw has her 5yo DD with her who is very focused on her mommy and kind of high maintenance and DP and I were starting to worry about her being around when I'm in labor... I already saw myself just shouting at the kid bc she wouldn't shut up when I needed some quiet or whatever... We all agreed that it would be best to have a babysitter, but who? I actually had a preference but was totally unsure if this friend of mine would a) want to help and b) be able to handle the little girl. We went to visit this friend yesterday and it went PERFECT! She seemed to hit it of with the 5yo right away and actually asked us before I could even bring it up if we needed a helper and she'd love to come and babysit and help out in whichever way possible!
It's like all the pieces are falling into place.

Today DP is installing a sling above the brth tub, so I can 'hang in there' and hold onto something while laboring. My project for the day is to get the material for some stuff I want to make our bed baby-safe with.

Oh, and we watched Shrek the Third last night and I just can't get over the babysitter-dwarf! 'where's the baby?' cracking me up, honestly! If you are bored and don't have anything more important to do, watch this movie - it's quite appropriate for our situation as they are expecting a baby and there is a baby-shower and anyways - I found it very entertaining.

Okay, everybelly, sending you positive vibes from my part of the planet and a good night. I'll get going to do stuff now.

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#35 of 35 Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 AM

Hi,

I have been pretty quiet on the board these days. I can't bring myself to read the birth stories just yet, some of them are making me nervous about my own impending birth (even though I am happy for the moms with new babies!)

I will be 39 weeks on Wednesday. I knew that everyone telling me I would deliver early was going to jinx me! My good friend is due the same day as I am (with her first) and she keeps saying "I know you will go first". I am still not overdue yet, but I am ready! Ready to get labor over with, even though my first was easy. I am ready to be over the hassle of hoping I don't go into labor in the middle of the night (I don't want to have to call my neighbors and wake them up). I am ready to get past the wondering and hoping that the baby is perfect and healthy. Mostly though, I want to meet the newest member of our family and start living life with 2 kids, as hard as it will be!

Dd is really starting to get clingy with me, which is not helping my crabbiness. I am trying so hard to relate to what it must be like for a 4 year old to anticipate change and have to share her mother, but at the same time she is driving me crazy! I adore her to pieces but I need my space before I start all over with another baby. Let's just say I am not handling it in the most mature way Tonight we both ended up in tears as I was trying to calmly explain why she (absent a nap) needed to brush her teeth and get into bed. Dh just watched the whole thing until I threatened to kick him in the shins if he didn't step in. Happy Father's day to him

Anyway, dh and I walked about 5 miles today, including up a huge hill, hoping to kick start labor. I am feeling intermittent bhs but with no real pattern. I am starting to feel them in my cervix though, so I hope they are doing something!

I am trying to keep this all in perspective, I am sure i will miss being pregnant once the baby is earthside.

Off to read the NY Times!

Good luck and good night to all of us still waiting (im)patiently!

Jacqueline

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page