Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Sarah,
Well after Phoenix's post I hope to heck you aren't insinuating her in your post as she DOES have a reason.

As for others... who are you referring to? I don't see people PUSHING their babies to be born??

I did come across as a bit of a lecture... sorry to say.

We all get to choose our choices - babies deserve to be born when THEY choose but there are scheduled cesareans and inductions even before due dates... what would you say to those mamas? I'm not sure there is anything TO say as we can only walk in the shoes given and try to understand someone else's situation...
I must say I took this post in an entirely different way, and feel the need to respond....

I did comment on the post because whether you have a scheduled induction or a cesarean, it is still something that is happening because of baby, right? I mean, many ob's would not just schedule an induction before your due date because you were sick of being pregnant(I say some, not ALL) but anywho, I would say to those mamas, that it is the wisdom of the baby in those cases too. Plus the intuition of the mama, not just because your back hurts or you don't want to be preggo anymore. For those of us(I am totally including myself) who have felt at the end of our ropes and ready to try anything to get the baby out, I think it is important to remember one of our hardest virtues, patience. And when we can give up some of the responsibility we may put on ourselves to get labor started, and share it with the baby, or with special circumstances, we may feel a bit of relief

And BIG HUGS to those mamas who really have a lot of pressure to get labor going for certain circumstances. I am sure it is rediculouslt nerve wracking and frustrating and I wish you peace!

Just my two cents
#32 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
Phoenix. And another
and these:

You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Be gentle with yourself... you're making tough decisions and you're doing so with obvious grace. Your daughter and your daughter-to-be are lucky to have such a great Mama!

Bellyrubs to all the mamas who are having a tough day, for any reason.
#33 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM

38+4.

For highly personal reasons I really, REALLY do NOT want to have this babe tomorrow (very negative associations with the date), so if anyone cares to send babe stay-put vibes until Wednesday I'd really appreciate them.

Took dd2 to playgroup today w/some of her friends from preschool. It was nice to get out for a bit (weather has finally cooled off and the smoke from the wildfire has cleared). Made plans to get together on Thursday, too.

Otherwise, not much happening. I snuck a shower this morning and we should be allowed to use water normally again sometime tomorrow. That's great, b/c I'm running out of dishes. Sposies and paper plates just feels like more than I could handle right now.

On the up side, brownie mix was on sale and I have delicious dark chocolate brownies calling my name from the kitchen.... I think I'm going to give in soon!
#34 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 06:58 PM

Yeah, Sunny, I'm saying there's no reason to negatively-respond to a woman who has an induction or a cesarean just like there is no reason to do the same for a woman who is choosing to do gentle things to get their baby to come for health reasons. That's what I meant.

I think we ALL have the same goal here no matter which side of the coin we are looking at it from. And I don't want to go after Sarah either, it was a good reminder all the same...

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#35 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 09:07 PM

ill admit to being impatient at 38/5. its a wee bit of a big baby, but mostly its impatience, excitement, and vanity- i feel ugly sometimes with this giant tummy, double chin and sun/hormone blotcihed face. i hear a voice sometimes that tells me -i think its my cancer-rising-mother-nature inner spirit that says: "you are wishing away a day in the life of your 2 year old, you fool." i am not making up the "fool" part either. it keeps me from coming out of my skin from all the crap we all vent about each day. keeps me from expressing colustrum, or bumpy car rides, or letting mw do an internal. im glad shes there to call me names.
#36 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
thanks for checking on me Karen

my numbers really aren't that bad, but I really get the feeling my MW is just waiting for me to risk out. 140/90 is her cut off, even in labor. which is a little frustrating because I've read about other MWs on here who are ok with higher #s, but I can't really blame her I guess, as that IS considered hypertension. I asked her about doing a NST, she said it won't help any because her concern is placenta abruption. Theres not really any test they can do for that, is there? I was really trying not to feel discouraged this morning, but after I emailed her my #s from the weekend (she has me email her every few days), it really just seems like shes lost confidence in me. Maybe I'm just overreading her email.
A big part of my guilt too is that we were on medicaid before this pregnancy, and if I chose to have a hospital birth with an OB it would have been covered 100%. But I wanted a homebirth, so I spent our tax return on it, I put so much money that we really didn't have into this birth, I switched insurances to the one offered through DHs work for the possibility that they might cover half of my MWs fees, even though we can't really afford the 50 dollars that comes out of his check for it. And now I'm likely going to end up in the hospital, with even MORE bills because of Aetna co-pays, and no homebirth despite everything that I sacrificed. I feel really guilty about that. We could have really used that tax return money. I feel like I was selfish I guess.

I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a transfer. I don't want to give up, but it feels like everyone around me has and that it would be less stressful if I just gave up now too. I don't know what to do I guess. I feel pretty lost. I just want someone to step in and tell me what to do.
Oh big s

What I would write to your MW ASAP is that STRESS is a huge contributor to BP. I would tell her that the less often you take your measurements, or even think about them, the better. Most high risk OBs won't even treat BP with meds until it reaches 150/100. All they do until then is monitor with growth scans and NSTs. That is what they did with DS.

Really, I would confront your MW about it, and tell her that you are still comfortable with your numbers and feel like you have gotten close enough to go all the way and that you really NEED her support, not resistance. I think getting it out there will really help you calm down about it.

I KNOW you can do it! I did!

BTW, just don't let her take it during labor. It's not like she is going to make you go to the hospital at that point. If she asks what it is, tell her you haven't had time to take it and don't want to stress out about it.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#37 of 39 Old 06-17-2008, 12:31 AM

38 + 2

Not much going on here. Feet still hurt, baby seems to be lower and I feel as if I have to waddle or else Noodles will fall out.

DH & I have a stressful week ahead of us due to his work, good vibes and/or prayers our way would be so great.

I hope all of you mama's and mamas to be get foot rubs and shoulder massages this week. You all deserve it!

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#38 of 39 Old 06-17-2008, 01:34 PM

Oh wow, Mamas. I sure didn't mean to set off such a reaction when I posted my "patience" post yesterday. I'm really sorry and let me clarify -- I certainly was not directing it at anyone facing an induction, for goodness' sake!! It was just meant as a reminder that babies will choose their time when they can (inductions may or may not be included here, as you could say that my baby orchestrated an early arrival through ruptured membranes, and then the docs took over with pitocin, but who knows?!).

In any case, I apologize that some of you felt lectured and I realize some of you are at the end of your ropes, so this was not good timing. I'd like to add that I really feel supportive of all of you. I'm rooting for everyone and so excited to read each birth story as it comes along.

Thanks for your honesty and I'm sending out good vibes to all of you.
#39 of 39 Old 06-17-2008, 05:17 PM

That's sweet Sarah, thanks for clarifying, I figured you probably meant as much.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page