6/16 Update Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha ha! I'll start the thread today. Could've done it when I woke up at 5h30, but I lounged around in bed for a little while.

We're past the mid-month mark and once again, NOTHING's CHANGED. AAAAAAHHH. I'm 38 wks + 1 day, and I'm going a bit stir crazy. Yesterday was ridiculously humid so we were all trapped inside the apartment, huddling close to the AC unit. There's only so much internet surfing a girl can do before she goes nuts, and the rest of the apartment was unberable, so I was feeling a little claustrophobic.

I went for a short walk yesterday and still very few BH contrax. I'd love to walk around endlessly to get things going, but my feet swell to the point where they hurt, so it makes walking impossible. To make things a little more challenging, my belly's a bit heavier each day, so I'm starting to get ligament pain again. So I'm not so much walking as shuffling. Not real productive IMO.

Still taking the EPO morning noon and night, still drinking RRL tea, haven't been doing Hypnobabies consistently (boo), or my Kegels. I don't want to know how much I weigh...it's too depressing!

One good thing though: when I went to insert my EPO last night, I was actually able to crouch in the tub and feel my cervix. It's sort of in the back where I can't really touch it fully, and it felt like a hard lump, so there's probably not much change in it, but the mere fact that I could reach it is an accomplishment for me.

Stretching feels both good and bad, as my inner thighs and hips are sore all day whether I stretch or not. I'm trying to do the yoga and dance stretches that used to relieve my back and hip tension but the immense belly makes it real tough!

On a side note, my cats are behaving really strangely these days, and the males seem particularly needy. The youngest keeps walking around the apartment meowing endlessly, as if we had left him there without food or water....and yet, we're all right there. I'm starting to wonder if they don't feel the impending change and are feeling insecure about it. They were quite happy when I switched over from working full-time to staying home.

Last but not least, my dad gave me a lovely new digital camera, to replace the one that DH got me but broke recently. I'll be able to take great shots of bellybean when she comes out, as well as short little movies.
#2 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 AM

I'm up and at 'em and working on my attitude today at 40/6. This is my second-most-pregnant ever

Cleaning house, because it got messy over my self-pitying weekend. Finishing up some more little jobs. Pasting a big smile on! Shouldn't be more than a week now, but if it is, my midwives have told me they are excited to send me for an OB consult because they think it'll be funny (because I won't be giving in to his suggestions, and he'll get frustrated). I have until 43 weeks before I risk out of HB so I'm not worried about it. I will have a u/s this week just to check on fluids etc...as long as baby is fine, we are staying pregnant and making a point So that gives me a mission!
#3 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 AM

I guess making a point would help the attitude as if your doing this for a MAJOR cause I hope that you do however go into labor soon because you deserve too and I can't feel bad about still being preggo if there are 40+ in the group still preggo.
Anyway hanging in my good friend is finally back in town today so that will help me pass these next days much easier. I woke up yesterday with the most strange pain in my arm pit. A swollen gland?! It hurts sooooo freakin bad. What is up with weird pain? As if I don't feel awful allover let's throw in a cry to the touch swollen arm pit. I'm talking to the midwife about it today. Here's to us one day closer to not being pregnant FOREVER

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
#4 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 AM

I've mainly been lurking here for the last 9 months, although I have posted occasionally. I figured it's time that I chime in.. I hope that you dont mind!!

I'm 38w6d today.... I can't believe that I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and NOTHING. No contractions, no discomfort, no signs of impending labor! I even walked 4 miles yesterday! I was tired, but that's it!

The weight continues to go up... which is frustrating too! I'm not just sitting around waiting. In fact, I've been very active!

I went out yesterday and bought a few sundresses. That did make me feel a little better! At least I have SOMETHING to wear!

I have a question: I got some Red Raspberry Tea at the grocery store. I make a big batch. Does it have to be any particular kind??
#5 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 AM

Well, I am 39w and, um, 5 days. (Had to think about that.) I've been contracting all night and now they are mild but coming every 8-10 minutes.

Oh please please pleeeeeeeeeease be the real thing. I don't want to have a false alarm. I'm ready to meet my little one.
#6 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm 38+3 and not a whole lot is happening.

There's an excessive heat warning today so I think I'm skipping my walk. I need to do some cleaning and I want to give the dog a bath and by the time I'm done with that it'll already be over 100 here.

My pets are acting strangely too. My dog has practically been inconsolable for the last 2 days. He wants to be right next to me at all times and is only sleeping well at night. One of my cats will not leave me alone. If I'm laying down, he's laying on top of me or sitting next to me.
#7 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 10:53 AM

40+4 today. Baby must be well done at this point, though apparently pretty comfortable. No contractions or anything beyond the usual BH.

Maybe it will be a full moon baby? Or a solstice baby? We keep finding all sorts of reasons why he/she might be waiting (...for me to finish a manuscript - hopefully today, for us to redo our toenails, "nest" (which I really haven't done at all) etc etc. ) My 2-yo son keeps asking me where's the baby.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#8 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 11:12 AM

38 wks today. gettin' closer

so freakin' tired, though. the hip pain at night is ridiculous. heartburn is stoopid, too. I'm whiny and grumpy...sigh.

MW appt. tomorrow. will get some gear for our birth pool then, and test the waters, so to speak! We'll arrange our room and blow up the pool then time the filling process, check hot water levels, etc. All useful things to know.

walking seems to be out of the question (at least for any distance). it just hurts.

I've been talking to the bean about how nice June 26th is for a birthday. I have my last MW appt for then, and hope that that is the day. please?

not much else to report. GL to anyone who is having a contraction or two, and ELV to those who need 'em.
#9 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 11:29 AM

Hokulele, I so hope this is the real thing for you!

I feel like I am leaking fluid today. Kind of weird. I did do some EPO last night but that's over 12 hrs ago so I don't think it's that anymore...hmmm...
#10 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM

38+3
I give up! I'm certainly NEVER taking a laxative again, though the CO wasn't as bad as things I'd read about it, I used to be a bulimic who took a lot of laxatives....and it was very similar to this. And that sucks, and makes me feel a little depressed.
I'm skipping DD1s playgroup this morning, I just don't feel like socializing, even though I feel bad because I'm sure my DD DOES feel like socializing! But DH said we'd go to a park after he gets off of work, so I guess that makes up for it.
BP was 130/90 this morning, so I'm trying to drink some ice water and took my mag. to see if that will bring it down a little.
My EDD seems so close when I look at it normally, but when I think of it as that many days (plus, maybe) that I have to get a good BP reading, its so stressful! Which certainly doesn't help. And I'm feeling a whole crap-load of guilt about wishing/trying to get her out early, so that doesn't help.
Anyways, sorry I'm always such a downer lately.

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#11 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
38+3
I give up! I'm certainly NEVER taking a laxative again, though the CO wasn't as bad as things I'd read about it, I used to be a bulimic who took a lot of laxatives....and it was very similar to this. And that sucks, and makes me feel a little depressed.
I'm skipping DD1s playgroup this morning, I just don't feel like socializing, even though I feel bad because I'm sure my DD DOES feel like socializing! But DH said we'd go to a park after he gets off of work, so I guess that makes up for it.
BP was 130/90 this morning, so I'm trying to drink some ice water and took my mag. to see if that will bring it down a little.
My EDD seems so close when I look at it normally, but when I think of it as that many days (plus, maybe) that I have to get a good BP reading, its so stressful! Which certainly doesn't help. And I'm feeling a whole crap-load of guilt about wishing/trying to get her out early, so that doesn't help.
Anyways, sorry I'm always such a downer lately.
I came on to check on your BP. 130/90 isn't that bad! And it sounds like you are really stressed out. Have you tried the Epson salt bath? Really, it works. It is magnesium from the outside. When I took my baths I listened to relaxation CDs. It helped so so much. You can do this!

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
#12 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 PM

thanks for checking on me Karen

my numbers really aren't that bad, but I really get the feeling my MW is just waiting for me to risk out. 140/90 is her cut off, even in labor. which is a little frustrating because I've read about other MWs on here who are ok with higher #s, but I can't really blame her I guess, as that IS considered hypertension. I asked her about doing a NST, she said it won't help any because her concern is placenta abruption. Theres not really any test they can do for that, is there? I was really trying not to feel discouraged this morning, but after I emailed her my #s from the weekend (she has me email her every few days), it really just seems like shes lost confidence in me. Maybe I'm just overreading her email.
A big part of my guilt too is that we were on medicaid before this pregnancy, and if I chose to have a hospital birth with an OB it would have been covered 100%. But I wanted a homebirth, so I spent our tax return on it, I put so much money that we really didn't have into this birth, I switched insurances to the one offered through DHs work for the possibility that they might cover half of my MWs fees, even though we can't really afford the 50 dollars that comes out of his check for it. And now I'm likely going to end up in the hospital, with even MORE bills because of Aetna co-pays, and no homebirth despite everything that I sacrificed. I feel really guilty about that. We could have really used that tax return money. I feel like I was selfish I guess.

I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a transfer. I don't want to give up, but it feels like everyone around me has and that it would be less stressful if I just gave up now too. I don't know what to do I guess. I feel pretty lost. I just want someone to step in and tell me what to do.

#13 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM

Phoenix, don't feel guilty, it's not "just because" that you're doing that. Really. Sending cheering vibes your way... you're doing a good job...

I'm in agreement that the 40+ mamas should go into labor here - cheering y'all on Mamas!

I'm 39+1 today
I figured out yesterday that actually THIS is the most pregnant I've ever been b/c we moved my firstborn's due date up a week according to his u/s measuring ahead (but all of our other kids have measured ahead and we did not change THEIR due dates). So talk about mind trip eh? Every one of my boys have TECHNICALLY been born at 38+3 or less. Crazy crazy crazy.

Looking forward to a lazy day today... school is out now and it's sunny and beautiful. Trying to keep a good mood and ignore my upper back pain (and the other regular ones ).

BHs kept me up a bit last night, but not horribly so... just regular pg life eh?

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#14 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM

39w2d
Haven't posted for a few days, but I've been lurking. Maya, I would KILL to be having what you're having.... NOTHING!!! On Saturday I woke up SO crampy, I just wanted to lay down. But instead, I decided to get up and get moving. I did laundry, vacuumed, did the dishes, and just cleaned the house in general. All day long I was getting contractions about 10 minutes apart, some of them definitely strong enough to make me stop what I was doing. I really thought I was in early labor.... then they all went away, and here I am, STILL pregnant.
When I was pregnant with DS1, I was like you... nothing until my water broke. And I MUCH would prefer that to this $H*T! Because every time I feel stronger than usual BHs, I think "This is it!!", since last time I felt nothing until it was time. I don't feel all that bad right now. Waddling a bit, but not terribly awful like I know some ladies feel. But it's this start/stop stuff that is KILLING me. I'm so emotional right now! Poor DS1... I have no patience for him, DH, or anyone. I almost cried at lunch today. I went to Taco Bell (I'm a sucker for it) with DH. I wanted to eat outside and DH said no, because he didn't have a hat to cover his head (like 20 minutes would've burnt him to a crisp...grrrr)...... I almost cried. It took everything I had not to. And my morning at work was busy as all hell. I'm sick of everyone looking at me and saying :"no baby yet?" ISN'T IT F*c%IN@ OBVIOUS?! I'M STILL PREGNANT!!
I'm so tired of it.... I was so much better of with DS1 when I felt fine, then BOOM, water breaks, I have a baby. I'm so irritable and tired and hot and just wanting to meet this little one..... Sorry.... so miserably unhappy right now... I really thought he'd be here by now... :

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#15 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
thanks for checking on me Karen

my numbers really aren't that bad, but I really get the feeling my MW is just waiting for me to risk out. 140/90 is her cut off, even in labor. which is a little frustrating because I've read about other MWs on here who are ok with higher #s, but I can't really blame her I guess, as that IS considered hypertension. I asked her about doing a NST, she said it won't help any because her concern is placenta abruption. Theres not really any test they can do for that, is there? I was really trying not to feel discouraged this morning, but after I emailed her my #s from the weekend (she has me email her every few days), it really just seems like shes lost confidence in me. Maybe I'm just overreading her email.
A big part of my guilt too is that we were on medicaid before this pregnancy, and if I chose to have a hospital birth with an OB it would have been covered 100%. But I wanted a homebirth, so I spent our tax return on it, I put so much money that we really didn't have into this birth, I switched insurances to the one offered through DHs work for the possibility that they might cover half of my MWs fees, even though we can't really afford the 50 dollars that comes out of his check for it. And now I'm likely going to end up in the hospital, with even MORE bills because of Aetna co-pays, and no homebirth despite everything that I sacrificed. I feel really guilty about that. We could have really used that tax return money. I feel like I was selfish I guess.

I'm ready to just throw in the towel and ask for a transfer. I don't want to give up, but it feels like everyone around me has and that it would be less stressful if I just gave up now too. I don't know what to do I guess. I feel pretty lost. I just want someone to step in and tell me what to do.
Ugh... I can totally relate to your situation, Phoenix.

I gave birth 9 days ago, but in the final weeks of my pregnancy, it was all about the possibility of a transfer from midwife care to hospital care, and it got really stressful and even political.

One of my MWs was all for trying to get a hospital birth (I had a low-lying placenta) with the MWs in control. The other thought this was inappropriate and that I should be switched over to the OBs. I was astounded that they disagreed in front of me. I mean, work it out amongst yourselves, you know? I had o idea they were in disagreement about this until my primary MW left town for a month and the secondary MW told me she thought our plan to convince the hospital to allow a MW-controlled birth was "wrong". Uh, ok.... Thanks for destroying the last bastion of support I thought I had for the birth I want.

And then I had an OB who was maybe willing to let the MWs handle the birth from the hospital, and finally a second OB who single-handedly decided my fate by saying no. So I was transferred and as fate would have it, my waters began leaking about 36 hours later.... I still think the second OB ruptured the membrane with her rough internal exam, which she never should have done knowing I had the placenta issue. Ironic.

Anyway, I finally accepted the transfer mentally and emotionally as the path of least resistance, and I'd already grieved the loss of the homebirth I had so carefully planned. (I had a brithing pool and everything all waiting.)

My doula told me I needed to take responsibility for my own birth, regardless of the external circumstances. She said -- "It's your body, your baby and your birth. You need to remember that you are actually in control. You can stay away from the hospital as long as you feel safe, you can chose to call or not call your MWs when you go into labour, you can consent or not consent to interventions in the hospital, etc. It's all still in your court, in spite of the many health professionals and all their discordant voices chiming in about what should happen."

This was so important for me to realize. It helped me go on to have a very satisfying, very empowered birth in the hospital with just my partner and doula by my side. Didn't bother calling in the MWs, who would have been only "companions", and the OB I happened to land that night was scarcely around. So we created our own atmosphere and I directed the birth almost entirely. Th nurses seemed to sense that they were not really needed (?) and so miraculously stayed mostly away as well. I was braced for a c-section, but it never came about because the labour went well.

All this to say, I feel your pain/stress and just wanted to pass on what my doula reminded me of when I was in a similar position. I hope it helps a little!!

Sending love and courage....

Sarah
#16 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Awww butterfly...I'm sending you as many virtual hugs as I can muster You're totally right...constant BH would really suck the big one. And you're totally awesome for cleaning up while having them! I say indulge in as much Taco Bell as you want. You totally deserve it for being so darn patient!

I just feel like someone who's paranoid about being stalked...I keep figuratively looking over my shoulder wondering "is it now? Now?? NOW?!"...
#17 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 01:58 PM

Hey Mamas,

I feel the pain of late pregnancy issues, but I must admit that for all of you who are not 40 weeks or beyond, I sort of don't know why you're pushing so hard to make your babies come out early! EDIT(OK -- many of you are not actually pushing, now that I've re-read the posts, but for what it's worth I'll leave this reply up.)END OF EDIT

I understand wanting the pregnancy to be finished; wanting to meet the baby; wanting to finally "do" the labour and birth; but baby will come when he or she is ready.

I think my membrane was ruptured by a careless OB who did a very painful internal exam on me at 38 weeks, 0 days. As a result, my baby was born early (with penicillin and pitocin). He's doing fine, but I don't think it was his natural time.

I suppose this will seem like a lecture, but really I think the time for impatience and for measures that are intended to hasten labour is 40 weeks, not earlier, except in special cases of huge babies or other risk factors.

If you can channel patience and let your babies lead the way, I think you'll be showing heroic protection of your babies and you'll be keeping your committment to as natural a birth process as possible.

Just my two cents. Throw tomatoes at me if this is just highly annoying!
#18 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 PM

VTNurse -- Has to be red raspberry LEAF tea, not raspberry.

38w, 5 days.

Feeling ok. Very tired. Went to buy a bigger chicken feeder today and was told to "drink a cold milkshake to scare the baby out". Ha! Love it.

Enjoying my alone time with DS, making sure I've got things together and clean.

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
#19 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM

ok, cosmic thing here.....I was just going to post something similar, but was trying to think of a way to say it without offending! I will not throw tomatoes at you, and actually, I am EATING tomatoes right now! Much tastier than throwing them!

It is (sometimes literally) a pain in the booty those last few weeks, but who are we to say when a babe should be born. I had that thought Saturday night....this time of being born is really up to baby, and they have a wisdom beyond our understanding or logic of when that right time is. I find more comfort in that than frustration....at this moment, that is! There are definitely moments when I am not feeling so patient, but when I remember to fully trust the process, I actually feel at ease. So, aside from agreeing with the last post, I guess this ismy update too! I am finishing painting my bedroom today, it looks great and feels fresh and new. Other than that, my ds is at a playdate all day and I am going to enjoy the quiet house!
Peace!
#20 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM

Sarah,
Well after Phoenix's post I hope to heck you aren't insinuating her in your post as she DOES have a reason.

As for others... who are you referring to? I don't see people PUSHING their babies to be born??

I did come across as a bit of a lecture... sorry to say.

We all get to choose our choices - babies deserve to be born when THEY choose but there are scheduled cesareans and inductions even before due dates... what would you say to those mamas? I'm not sure there is anything TO say as we can only walk in the shoes given and try to understand someone else's situation...

#21 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM

40 w today, for what it's worth.
We euthanized our dog this weekend - 14 year old giant schnauzer mix. Very sad, but the time had come.

At my appointment two weeks ago, I was 2cm/30% - I might cave in and ask for another exam at tomorrow's appointment, even though I know it's not any indicator for how soon real labor will actually hit.

I've had BH everyday, throughout the day for weeks. And the most irritating strings of real contrax - for as much as an hour at a time, at 6-10 min intervals. But, always fades out. My only concern is that I grow big babes (9 1/2 - 10 1/2 pounders!). While my sense is that this one isn't in the big end of that range (famous last words?), I don't want any complications for this re-VBAC.

Maya - I've been trying to keep up with the Hypnobabies regime, but I'm slipping, too. Yesterday, my attitude was pretty much "screw affirmations"...guess that means I need them all the more!
#22 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM

38+5. The last 24 hrs here have been a total gong show. We all have colds so I was planning an early bedtime for all (myself included) last night. Well around 7 I sat on the birth ball..........and it EXPLODED! Like full on blew up! I fell flat on my ass, hard. I peed my pants when I hit the floor, but we weren't positive it wasn't my water breaking (exploding!). So we hung out and put the kids to bed then called the MW. She said if I wasn't leaking anymore it probably wasn't my water, but she recomended getting a no-stress to make sure there was no placental abruption or anything wierd going on..........So my BIL who is staying here stayed with the kids and DH and I trekked off tot he hospital. I was scared we were going to be in emerg for hours but fortunatly it was in L&D and she had called ahead for us. So we were in and out in 30 min (and of course everything was fine). I've never been in L&D before and it made me really glad I've been lucky enough to have homebirth's ............

So anyway everything turned out fine, but of course I ended up going to bed late adn now am sicker then ever with this stupid cold.........Thank god it's sunny here today so we can hang out outside!
#23 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM

Sarah, thanks for posting what your doula said. I'm sorry you had to transfer but I'm glad you still had a good birth

I'm with BirthFree on your 2nd post though, I don't think anyone is really doing anything to actually encourage their babies to come early (except maybe complaining which is what this thread is here for ), except me, and trust me I feel enough insane amounts of guilt over the issue without people reminding me that babies come in their own time. I KNOW that, I BELIEVE in that wholeheartedly. I'm not doing this crap because I'm impatient or ready to be done, I'm doing it because trying something like castor oil and letting her be born at home seems a lot more gentle to me than being hooked up to pitocin or ending this in a c-section over a failed medical induction or whatever else. I've BEEN through the pit induction before, and it sucked, not just for me, but for my DD too. And no matter how much relaxing and everything else I do, that IS what I'm facing if this baby doesn't come out soon. If I didn't really feel it was an issue, I guess I could just drop all care and UC, but high blood pressure really IS associated with placental abruption, not to mention maternal seizure and a list of other things. I don't feel like I'm at risk enough right now to NEED a hospital, but I want someone who knows what they are doing to guide me in this and be at my birth to make a call that could save my life. So really, its up to my MW if I transfer or not, and since she has offered me the option of trying some things to get her out before my BP gets too high (or goes too long with it being as high as it is currently), I tried them. I thought and soul searched and this is where I'm at. Thats the best I can do really.
I hope people don't really think I would be trying to get her out this early if it wasn't for a real reason

#24 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 PM

Phoenix. And another

#25 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
Awww butterfly...I'm sending you as many virtual hugs as I can muster You're totally right...constant BH would really suck the big one. And you're totally awesome for cleaning up while having them! I say indulge in as much Taco Bell as you want. You totally deserve it for being so darn patient!

I just feel like someone who's paranoid about being stalked...I keep figuratively looking over my shoulder wondering "is it now? Now?? NOW?!"...
Hugs to you too! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it to sound like your situation isn't bad either! I'm just an insensitive bitch today. It definitely sucks not getting ANY symptoms when the rest of us are talking about all the BHs we're getting, losing plugs, etc. We're all at the end of our ropes. I'm sick of this on/off stuff, and you are wishing you would get SOME sign you won't be pregnant forever. Let's trade for a few days! I could stand a quiet uterus for a change, and I'm sure you'd love to feel as though something is happening. I'll send mine air mail!

And as I type I have my iPod on my Hypnotic Childbirth #2 track. Obviously not in hypnosis now, but I can't help but feel my mind is absorbing something while I type! I cheated and started listening to my Birthing Day Affirmations too. Just for a change of pace.

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#26 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 03:04 PM

I asked my MW about doing blood work for my kidneys or something, and she replied that shes not worried about me having pre-E, but that she DOES consider me to have hypertension and shes worried about it. She ended it with "all we can do is wait and do what we can." Whatever that means, ugh.
I'm just not going to worry about it and try to leave it to the universe until Friday at least (my next apt). I did get a baby hat in the mail to match this sleeper I bought, which I had been looking forward to. They didn't have the hat in the store and my friend found it and bought it for me. So that cheered me up a little. I really think that kind of stuff is what helps me. It sounds corny but it really helps to just find little things that make me happy to cheer up my whole day.

#27 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly1001 View Post
And as I type I have my iPod on my Hypnotic Childbirth #2 track. Obviously not in hypnosis now, but I can't help but feel my mind is absorbing something while I type! I cheated and started listening to my Birthing Day Affirmations too. Just for a change of pace.
I just listened to that one today! Honestly, I'm supposed to be on Week 5 or 6 and I'm still on Week 4, because I'm laaaaazy and undisciplined. It's also hard to find a quiet place to do the exercises during the week-end when DH and DSS are around, constantly playing videogames or just horsing around (we live in a little 2 bedroom apartment). Maybe I'll cheat too and listen to the "forbidden" stuff

Xpcting#3....I've been so lax on my Affirmations, but then again, whenever I think about doing them, the voice pops into my head and I hear "Pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy and safe...for me and my baby". I think I can probably rattle them all off the top of my head.

Funny thing: every time I do the Hypnotic childbirth tracks, whether #1 or #2, I fall asleep midway, and wake up drooling on my pillow. It's real sexy, I know I hope it means it'll be helpful during the birth!
#28 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Phoenix, I really hope Liberty decides to come out soon. I can't imagine being stuck in the vicious cycle of high BP/worry. Kind of like my hamster wheel from the cleaning thread!

I had an appt this afternoon - still 2cm, a little more effaced, babe's a little further down...so I'm making SOME progress We checked for leaking fluid and the results were inconclusive at this point. Watch and wait! I'm not 'on the clock' or anything yet, which is good.
#29 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
I just listened to that one today! Honestly, I'm supposed to be on Week 5 or 6 and I'm still on Week 4, because I'm laaaaazy and undisciplined. It's also hard to find a quiet place to do the exercises during the week-end when DH and DSS are around, constantly playing videogames or just horsing around (we live in a little 2 bedroom apartment). Maybe I'll cheat too and listen to the "forbidden" stuff

Xpcting#3....I've been so lax on my Affirmations, but then again, whenever I think about doing them, the voice pops into my head and I hear "Pregnancy is natural, normal, healthy and safe...for me and my baby". I think I can probably rattle them all off the top of my head.

Funny thing: every time I do the Hypnotic childbirth tracks, whether #1 or #2, I fall asleep midway, and wake up drooling on my pillow. It's real sexy, I know I hope it means it'll be helpful during the birth!
I drool too when I do my tracks, but NEVER at any other time! I fall asleep about 3 minutes into EVERY track, no matter what position I'm in. I listen to my iPod ALL NIGHT LONG. I have all my tracks on it (except easy first stage and pushing baby out), since I'm now in maintenance mode, and listen to it from the time I go to bed until I wake up in the morning. It says it's fine if you sleep, so I figure it can't hurt!

#30 of 39 Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree View Post
I did come across as a bit of a lecture... sorry to say.
^^^ have to agree w/ this. I'm tired, cranky and having a hard time holding it together. I was right there rooting and cheering sarah for her amazing strength and will to be in charge during her difficult situation immediately prior to the birth. However, just as I can't imagine having that as something to deal with, I think it's easy to say that those of us who aren't sleeping, are dog tired and running after other children (some of us), and still have 2-4 wks left, should just be patient.

I totally agree that there's not much you can do to 'rush' a baby who's not ready to come, and that often you shouldn't try. There are some mamas with situations (hi bp) that can result in the same problem as placenta previa, though.

In the case of other mamas, my sense is that hot, humid weather (at least where I am) is not a comfortable place to be at term, and that mamas are looking for ways to help ready and prepare their bodies for when labour does start in the hopes that when labour does start, they have an easier time of it and are able to have the births they desire.

I don't like lectures much, and I think I just gave one right back, so I apologize for that. I'm leaving it up, though, because I firmly believe that there's no need to sit back and do nothing, but within reason you can encourage optimal readiness for when things do get going.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page