I'm sooo weird... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think this pregnancy is eating up every brain cell I have...

I thought I was in labor on Wed, felt cheated when it stopped suddenly after being triaged...

Now... I'm so not excited! I don't think I would mind if my due date came and went...eh, whats so bad about 42 weeks of pregnancy??

Whats WRONG with me!??

I feel guilty...I Looooove the little person in my belly, but I don't feel excited for him to "pop" out!!

Am I nuts!!??? Denial or just insane!??
#2 of 10 Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 PM

Your not nuts! It's so much easier to take care of them when their still inside!! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! As much as I'm glad to NOT be prgnant anymore, it kinda feels lonely being the only person in my body. And I kinda miss my big, beautiful baby belly which has now been replaced with lumpy playdough!

Your NOT crazy, enjoy it!
#3 of 10 Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM

My first pregnancy was the only one where I was chompin' at the bit to give birth - and I think that most first time moms feel that way. The last two, I was perfectly content to go as long as I need to. I usually go 40 wks. +1 to 4 days. I told myself just today "But 42 would be fine, too." I just don't feel ready. I want to relax here at the end and I can't b/c my to do list is too long. I want to spend time with the kids. I want some extra time so that I'm confident about birthing and that my head is in the right place. AND I want this baby to have the time he needs to turn anterior!!

We'll see what happens. This has been a challenging pregnancy stress wise and I think I just want for everybody to just do a little relaxing before the baby comes. We all need to take a deep breath.
#4 of 10 Old 06-16-2008, 10:30 PM

I don't feel "done" yet either. Sure, I'm done feeling -AND- looking like a whale. I'm really done being in pain just walking when I used to work-out daily. I'm done having no clothes that fit. I'm 100% DONE not being able to sleep. Limited sleep due to a newborn is, to me, better than late stage pregnancy "sleep" that's horribly painful, nauseating (reflux), and constantly interrupted (with hours of insomnia) by pee breaks and the aforementioned.

I'm highly anticipating our first homebirth (nervous, too, because I want it to work out just right so badly) and I'm super excited to see and touch and kiss and feed (and all that good stuff) this precious LO...and watch my DH and other kiddos with the baby as well...but...

I'm not looking forward to that inevitable "empty" feeling I'll probably have for awhile...or about sharing the baby with visitors...or how painful breastfeeding almost always is the first six (or so) weeks with my babes... 'sigh'

It's hard! I wish we could transition more like mama kangaroos. Baby comes out for awhile and then goes back in when it's convenient or feels right. Then again, I wouldn't really want an open pouch on my front. Now who's weird?
#5 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalin24kd View Post
As much as I'm glad to NOT be pregnant anymore, it kinda feels lonely being the only person in my body. And I kinda miss my big, beautiful baby belly which has now been replaced with lumpy playdough!

I REEEEEEALLY remember that feeling. I will be sad about that as I'll be all done all done. I am trying hard to enjoy it all... truly.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#6 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 02:31 AM

Nope your not weird... I feel the same way! I don't mind the last weeks of pregnancy at all, you get to be super lazy and nobody can say anything about it
#7 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

LOL Good points!!

And I totally agree with teh Kangaroo idea!!

I just wish I was "enjoying" my pregnancy... I'm not, I'm just not excited about whats to come of it...
#8 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHen2J&J View Post
LOL Good points!!

And I totally agree with teh Kangaroo idea!!

I just wish I was "enjoying" my pregnancy... I'm not, I'm just not excited about whats to come of it...
Do you think your having anxiety about the birth? I think with my first I was so happy and content being pregnant partially because I wasn't really thrilled about the whole labor/birth/pain thing and being the major procrastinator I am I was putting it off as long as possible
#9 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalin24kd View Post
Your not nuts! It's so much easier to take care of them when their still inside!! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! As much as I'm glad to NOT be prgnant anymore, it kinda feels lonely being the only person in my body. And I kinda miss my big, beautiful baby belly which has now been replaced with lumpy playdough!

:

nothing wrong with you at all
I love having my baby here but wow I miss being pregnant sooo much.
#10 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Do you think your having anxiety about the birth? I think with my first I was so happy and content being pregnant partially because I wasn't really thrilled about the whole labor/birth/pain thing and being the major procrastinator I am I was putting it off as long as possible
Not really anxious, just kinda "eh whatever" attitude...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page