ugh summer cold - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I literally feel like i'm dying right now. DH came home from work yesterday feeling shakey and weak, with a swollen throat, and somehow I think i got the same thing. woke up this morning with a massive headache, feeling more exhausted than when i went to sleep, and even after eating breakfast, i can't stop shaking, and I can't seem to catch my breath. i think we both caught a summer cold or a throat infection of somekind, probably from constantly going from extreme hot to air conditioned goodness.

Is there anything I should avoid taking? I was just going to take 500 mg of Vit C + ecchinacea, along with some home-made ginger tea...but i'm not sure if that's ok. i'm really worried that being this sick is going to hurt the baby somehow; she hasn't moved much since i woke up.

sorry for the typos and lack ofcaps. i'm so tired
#2 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 10:13 AM

poor mama! I think my son has a similar thing. He was complaining of a sore throat last night and still has one today with a sniffly nose. I pray I don't catch it!

I think what you are taking sounds fine. I remember back in the winter months someone mentioned a good herbal tincture made by Wishgarden herbs. They have a lot of great prego-safe tinctures for what ails you. I think also a really good postpartum recovery one too, if you have to make some sort of minimum order!

Put some fresh lemon in your water too!

Sending you healing vibes!
#3 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM

Ugh, that's awful! I think what you're taking sounds fine... I took that this winter when I got sick. Definitely better than nothing too! You need to get better for your labor!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#4 of 4 Old 06-17-2008, 12:32 PM

Oh no! Being pg and sick is serious torture. Hope the worst of it is today!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page