Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone want to start?
#2 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 10:11 AM

38+3 here. Not much to report - I'm finally uncomfortable, which has to be a good sign. I wonder if our DDC will be hopping tonight - its a full moon!
#3 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 10:18 AM

I was going to say the same thing it will be interesting to see what the full moon brings! I think it will be cool to have a full moon babe or a solstice baby on Sunday.
Ummm why say anything. Just ready. And watching my belly way to much
My 2 year old is trying to "bribe" baby out with cake It's not really working

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
#4 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 10:20 AM

I don't have much to report, either. 38+3 today. had some lower back ache and a few BH last night. allowed myself to vaguely wonder if I'd make it to next Thurs, but dismissed as ludicrous b/c it's better that way.

I have many things I'd like to get done today, but I'm being realistic and letting myself not be obsessive about it.

DH and I blew up the birth pool last night. seems a good size, needs some padding for the bottom, though.
#5 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 10:32 AM

38+6. Woke up really nauseous and hyper-grumpy. I'm trying hard to be more positive, especially in my interactions with the kids, but it's hard today. I don't want them associating "mean mama" with the advent of the new babe.... but, I feel lousy and just want to hide in a dark room by myself.

I have to keep taking deep breaths and reminding myself that I'm an adult and can control my impulses, especially the ones that could damage my children. I can rise above my issues to create the loving, gentle environment I want for my children. I can. Right?????
#6 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM

39+1 here. Yesterday I made a decision to be patient and not to rush this. As excited as I am to meet my little guy... I will have my whole life with him. What's a couple more weeks alone with my husband? I'm going to use this time to enjoy some projects. I baked some fabulous cookies yesterday. Today I'm going to walk as far as I can down the trail near my house. THIS TIME... it won't be with the intention of trying to 'get things going'. It will be to see how far a full-term pregnant woman can walk!
I really don't know what put me in this state. I am still uncomfortable, tired, and feel huge. Still, I feel at peace waiting for this to happen!
#7 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Feeling a whole lot better today, both because the cold seems to have retreated quite a bit, and because I got the ok from the L&D department at the hospital last night.

I think I'm 38 wks + 3 days or so. No change, as usual. Very little BH contrax, no mucus, no bloody show. Very sore in the inner thigh/pubic area, so *something* pushing things apart down there.

Yesterday, bellybean wasn't moving at all, probably because I was so sick and not eating properly. I called the nurse on my team in the morning, asking what I could take and should I be worried. It took her until 4 p.m. to call me back but when she heard about my symptoms, she insisted I come for a quick check-up. The doc on call said everything looked normal except the fetal heart was around 120 bpm, which he felt was too low. So I got sent for a NST in the L&D ward. 20 minutes later, I was cleared and told baby was doing beautiful. Mommy just looks like crap (the nurses exact words ).

DH is still sicky but went to work anyways. I'm just sitting here doing my very late 2007 taxes, and realizing that I don't have any of the receipts I need. Gotta love proscrastinating!
#8 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 AM

39+5 here. The end of today will mark the most pregnant I've ever been without being in labor. I think a full moon or solstice babe would be awesome. Isn't the solstice on Friday this year? That is my due date.

Killer pressure in the nether regions and lots of bh ctx. Had a few this morning. Usually I've been having them at night so that's new. Lost the mucous plug last week but no bloody show. My body is definitely getting ready.

Planning to head out to Babies r us for one or two last minute things. Its kinda fun to go there anyway. Will have to resist spending too much on crap I don't need.

Exhausted too - every day I wake up, have breakfast, and can't wait til nap-time. Today is no different.

Quote:
I have to keep taking deep breaths and reminding myself that I'm an adult and can control my impulses, especially the ones that could damage my children. I can rise above my issues to create the loving, gentle environment I want for my children. I can. Right?????
I know what you mean. Yesterday dd was very tired (and so was I) and it was NOT a good day. I hate when we clash - I get frustrated and lose patience and then I yell more than I should and then feel guilty which makes me crankier. Its a vicious cycle. Hoping today will be better.
#9 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

39+3
Most pg I've ever been.
I had lots of ctx. last night - I slept (or didn't sleep) like crud... maybe that's a good sign. I had some the night before but way more last night. I almost feel like I didn't sleep - eesh.

Baby is still posterior-ish.
Good luck mamas, hope tonight/today is another good one for us w/ the full moon! I'm ready for some more babies to be born!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#10 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 AM

Not much to post... 39w4d

Resigned myself to the fact he's coming out July 4th (although tonight or Friday would be great for full moon or the solstice!) and to just deal with it. I really don't feel bad. My moods are up and down. As long as I don't get too many stupid comments, I'm alright. I'm glad the weather has cooled down. It's SO nice sleeping at night with the windows open with 51 degree weather. PERFECT!
Bhs have slowed down. I ran out of EPO and decided not to buy anymore. Still drinking my RRL tea though. When baby comes, he comes. Until someone ticks me off, then I'll want him out RIGHT NOW and get upset and cry!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#11 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 11:56 AM

39 weeks today! Have my home visit with the MW in half and hour which I'm excited about, and enjoying having DH here for the morning. I'm still sleeping well which is such a blessing, but definatly getting more uncomfortable. Had a lot of BH yesterday, I really forget how tiring they can be.........

I'm hoping the baby comes this weekend so DH can finish work a week early. But I'm not holding my breath, I just don't feel "ready", whatever that means......

I am feeling more and more anti-social. I want our days to be full and pass quickly but I also am exhausted just thinking about socializing, KWIM? Fortunatly the weather has turned great here so the kids are happy to just monkey around int he yard.....
#12 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 PM

i have days when i eat alot of ice. i upped my herbal iron, but i havent seen a correlation. feel like my bladder is being injured/squashed now.... mw appt tomorow. feeling guilty that me and ds havent gone to the zoo, big park, etc. i've been mostly waddling around town/home and local parks-weve done no special summer"thing?". i think i'll plan something instead of waiting here to go into labor. feels pathetic. 39 today........
#13 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:16 PM

40 weeks today!
Trying to stay positive about things... baby will come when ready. It can't stay in there forever... right?? Actually, I'm feeling really well. I think I'll take DS to the mall - again today - to walk around some more. Hope all the mamas are doing well!!

Sara - - PreK Teacher, Birth Doula, Wife to Shaun (8/13/05), Mama to Caleb (8/17/06), Chance (6/22/08), and Brielle (10/31/09) - - - winner.jpg

#14 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM

Ooh I think I win the "most pregnant" prize today... will be 41 weeks tomorrow!

My little one seems pretty content where she is, so no telling when I will have a baby. I have a checkup tomorrow and a NST on Friday if I haven't delivered by then. I have plans to have lunch with a friend on Saturday... gotta keep making plans, right? No full moon baby for me - I'm pretty sure we would have needed to get started by now if that was going to happen.

I had this dream last night that I decided to ask for a membrane sweep tomorrow (which I've actually planned on since 39 weeks, but haven't been dilated enough to do) and that the doc who did it - not my usual doc - ruptured my membranes on purpose just to piss me off and put me "on the clock" to deliver. Anyway I woke up all annoyed and couldn't get back to sleep and then James was up at 5:50 anyway.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#15 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:25 PM

38+5

I feel like crud this morning. Still having very sporadic contractions, but nothing that lasts or is too notable. I'm insanely uncomfortable and feel like my cervix is about ready to explode, but I doubt it.
#16 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:29 PM

38+4 today. I'm uncomfortable, tired, and feeling huge. I love being pregnant, but I am totally annoyed with the continued swelling. BH over the past week have my dh anxious, but i don't think out LO will actually arrive until July.

I think I'll take a nap before my mw appt this afternoon.
#17 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonBean View Post
I can rise above my issues to create the loving, gentle environment I want for my children. I can. Right?????
yes, you can! but, remember to be gentle w/ yourself. we all slip, esp. when we are in the end of pg state...your kids won't be damaged, they're resilient little things. and, if it's anything like at my house, it almost seems like they can't help pushing buttons b/c they sense a big change soon too.
#18 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 01:03 PM

39+3 The hot flashes hit! I remember someone else talking about that, but I don't know if it was days before baby came or weeks. Nausea too, which I haven't had for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonBean View Post
Yes, you can! Me too, I hope.
#19 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM

39 weeks today. I have a midwife appointment in 2 hours and I might ask for an exam to see what, if anything, is happening. I have had several episodes over the last few days where I thought "I am in early labor" and then it peters out. Last night my dh looked at my profile and said "let's finish packing the hospital bag" he thought for sure I would go into labor since it looks like I have dropped some more.

I am anxious about going into labor in the middle of the night, which I think might be getting in the way. I am worried about having to inconvenience one of my neighbors and dragging them out of bed to take care of dd. I am also worried that she will wake up and realize we are leaving and then freak out. I guess I still feel more responsibility for the one who is already here and worry that I will let that get in the way of labor.

Dd's 4th birthday is on Monday and she keeps telling me and anyone who will listen that this baby is not coming out until her birthday. She thinks it will be really cool to share her birthday with her brother, but I would personally likeh them to have their own day. We will see who is right! Full moon tonight...who knows??

Jacqueline
#20 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink2 View Post
39+3 The hot flashes hit! I remember someone else talking about that, but I don't know if it was days before baby came or weeks. .
I have been having hot flashes that accompany some of my contractions. What is that about?

Jacqueline
#21 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 01:48 PM

39w5d

Last night was the most uncomfortable sleepless night yet. Baby was pushing & moving along with contractions, it felt like my water might pop at any second. I have an appt. this afternoon with the doc. Hopefully I can sneak in a nap sometime today. Trying to stay positive.
#22 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 01:52 PM

38 + 5
reminding myself to have a good day.....my BP is up this week and will just not come down, its been pretty consistent at 130-135/80-85. I know thats not super high or even "that bad" really, but it had been pretty good last week in the 120s/high 70s, so I thought I had it under control. Every time I think I've got my finger on it it goes up on me! I've been lurking on the UC board in case it comes to that, but I'm still not really settled as to what I should be doing. I'm having a hard time determining if I really should be concerned or not, if there is a real risk to me birthing at home or not. I need to do some soul searching. And if it does come to UCing I need to do some actual preparing because I really don't have a clue aside from "catch the baby"

Tomorrow was my first EDD, based on LMP (I had nursing cycles so we added a week to my EDD, making it the 27th instead of the 19th), so does that mean its been 40 weeks since I had my last period? I'm so bad at math type stuff

You guys have all been so sweet to me, I love my DDC I really hope everyone is doing well today!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#23 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 PM

38+6

I've been having lots of menstrual like cramping at night. Last night, it was hard to go back to sleep. I don't know what that's all about. I don't remember having it with my ds. I think just full on contractions started last time.

I even had a dream last night that I went to my mw to have her check me and I was 9cm just from having those cramps! That labor was a breeze!
#24 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:05 PM

My second update...Tiny bit of bloody show + cramps. Zero contractions though.
#25 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM

39 weeks and 4 days. Right now we have a full moon here (00:30h) and I started getting really crampy a couple of hours ago...
This is definitely the start of... something. Great timing, as we don't have a car at the moment (yeah, it's one of those procrastination things: DP has been wanting to get the car's interior fixed for ages and NOW he has actually done it and the car is in the garage for three days... ) and I am not quite as ready as I was two weeks ago (I wish we had more stuff in the fridge for example) but then again DP just finished the slings over the birth tub, so basically we are set to go ... But maybe it is just a false alarm anyway.

Maya - I just watched the clip of your cats and your belly and it put a BIG smile on my face I really envy you for your cats! *sigh* give them a substitute cuddle for me.

Okay, I'll go for a walk on the beach now - in the middle of the night under the full moon - something is BOUND to happen, right ?

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#26 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:12 PM

1 week until my EDD.

Feeling VERY tired.

Think I may go whole hog weeding the garden today just the same. If I don't at least make a dent, they'll take over.

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
#27 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM

Hey all,

I hope that anyone who cares has seen my clarification post on the 6/16 Update thread.

Maya -- may your cold slink off to a dark corner somewhere and leave you alone. What horrid timing....

Franziska, I hope this is it! And same for the other handful of Mamas who seem to be verging on labour.

I always thought Daniel might be born today because of the full moon. Never imagined he'd come 12 days earlier.

Sending best vibes to all....
#28 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 PM

39w+1d

I'm so impatient, I'm driving myself crazy. I wish I could find that peace some of you are writing about -- baby will come when ready, she's not late, things happen the way they are supposed to... All I think about all day long and the million times I wake up at night is when is the baby coming. I analyze each bhx, twinge, swipe of tp, baby movement... you name it. I need to find a hobby!!

I'm still feeling pretty good, although my back is a wreck by the end of the day. I haven't lost my mucous plug and don't have any signs of labor, but I was really hoping to have baby tomorrow. Several years ago on 6/19 my dh and I first told one another we loved each other. We thought it would be neat if dd arrived on 6/19. I have to remind myself, she'll come when she's ready and then we'll have another special day for our family.
#29 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM

39+3 here.

Have had some really painful baby movements yesterday at two different times for about an hour each. Not sure what that's about as I'vve never had that in my other pg's.

Lots of bh's which are essentially meaningless for me. ugh.

Today I had some wickedly painful gas pains (!) and they occurred at the same time I was having some violent baby movements. It was so intensely painful, I had to moan through them, but I wasn't contracting - it was so weird! I got really angry while it was happening too, it was so strange.

I have had two audible "pops" from my uterus since last night, but no leak. My labor with my last ds started with a LOUD audible pop and a rush of fluid.

Anyway, we will probably DTD tonight, although it would be ideal if she came on Thursday night for dh's schedule...we'll see...
#30 of 39 Old 06-18-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL View Post
Anyway, we will probably DTD tonight, although it would be ideal if she came on Thursday night for dh's schedule...we'll see...
Yeah I've given up on DTD as a labor induction method. I think we've had more sex in the last 2 weeks than ... well, than in a long time. Poor DH is starting to feel like it's a command performance. And since I'm 41 weeks tomorrow I would say it isn't doing SQUAT in the labor department... Well, I guess it works for some folks And if nothing else it passes the time.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page