Packing away my maternity clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally made some time to pull out my mat clothes to pack them up. I loved (for the most part) being pregnant this time around. I am enjoying every moment with our newborn and as a family of 5....but wow I miss that belly and just being pregnant...it's such a cool thing. I can't believe I won't get to do it again

anyone else getting teary eyed while packing up and moving on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Wow I was expecting a little dance or excitment about it when i opened the post because I can't wait to get rid of these clothes! But i have felt like you do before and i know pregnancy can be really special and hard to let go! I loved feeling my newborns in the bouncy seat because it felt like rubbing my belly also the babe in a wrap in front felt so cute too! Hope you enjoy snuggling that newborn! And hey maybe go out and buy some cute new skirt or top

Mama of 4 all born at home : Mothering
Old 06-18-2008, 06:45 PM

Last time when I thought it would be my last pg (but it wasn't ), I sobbed putting them away in boxes. It's very sad... a door to a different season that I was not ready to pass through.

Take your time to make it through that doorway and enjoy each season as it comes... I don't want to be one of those ladies who always seemed to yearn for more. I want to absorb it all so I feel like I got the most of what I received.

Hugs Oonah. I think that will be exceptionally hard when I do it too...

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 06-18-2008, 07:51 PM

well, this is an interesting question!

i've been slowly passing along out of season clothing to my sister who is due in Oct. maybe that is taking the sting out? But, really, I hate maternity clothes at the best of times (like in the middle where they even sort of fit well), and, I was done being pregnant even before I started this time, I think. I think I'm good at growing babies, the pregnant state just doesn't agree with me very well.

I don't think I'll get teary packing them up, but you never know. Given that i'm still wearing them and am uncomfortable in them, I suspect that has something to do w/ it!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 PM

I think I'll be happy to pack up my maternity clothes -- nothing fits well and I'm down to about three shirts that actually still cover my belly. This will probably be our last baby, but we haven't made a final decision on that yet, so I still have a little glimmer of hope for being pregnant again. I know if we do decide this is it, I will feel really sad about not being able to enjoy a little life growing in me again.

User Tag List