6/19 update thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, it's already June 19th!

I'm getting impatient. 38 wks + 4 days or so. Did lots of walking yesterday and got some BH contrax going. I may have done too much because in the evening I had some sharp lancing pain down there. Maybe someone's pushing on my cervix? Hope so.

Nothing else to report. DSS is leaving for Toronto in 2 days, and DH and I have planned to go see the opening fireworks at the former Benson & Hedges festival on Saturday. I'm just going to keep making plans until bellybean decides to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM

right there with you H.A.M. at 38+3 (i think...gosh, it gets so hard to keep track).

have a massage scheduled for this a.m., but other than that not much but puttering around. I'm kind of the opposite of you...anything already scheduled will stay on the docket, but anything extra is getting vetoed in favour of hunkering at home, trying to be peaceful and waiting patiently.

thought yesterday could have been the start of something, but I think I just overdid it getting the bean's room prepared. why this *needs* to be done, I don't know, since he/she won't even be in there to sleep for months and months! oh well, I'm just going w/ whatever urge there is.
#3 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:16 AM

Insomnia is striking me at night. Grr. Otherwise, doing ok. 38+6, lots of BH and sharp cervical sensations.

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#4 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 AM

Sadly no full moon baby for me. 39+6. Maybe the solstice on my EDD - tomorrow or sometime next week - uugh! #1 was on time, #2 10 days early, so I guess #3 could be 10 days late - I don't know if I can make it that long.
#5 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:38 AM

39+2 for me. Nothing new to report. I don't feel like I am any closer than I was two weeks ago. Oh well. Heading out to the farmer's market today. Just going to enjoy my free time as much as possible!

Enjoy your day everyone!!
#6 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM

woops
#7 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM

40wks6d...

Hanging in there! Going to a prenatal in a bit, then off to the matinee with ds. Poor lil guy has been so patient with all the hustle bustle around here, and the grumpy mama! I realized the other day that we really haven't done anything fun for two weeks!! I mean, we've had lots of playdates and all, but he and I have not done anything just plain fun, so today we will go see KungFu Moose! I am swearing off any more chores or errands unless really necessary, and am going to give myself full liscence to have fun and RELAX!!!
PS sorry for teh wonky post, I think I double posted, sort of!
#8 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM

39 weeks.

Finally, it's cooler here. Taking the kids off to meet a friend at the park, hopefully they'll run off some energy and take good naps this afternoon. We're heading to the ILs for a belated Father's Day dinner tonight... BIL just flew home from Italy last night, so we were waiting for him to get back.

Not much happening on the uterine front. Still really nauseous. Haven't been able to hold down much besides liquids and jello. It's kind of weird... not sick feeling like MS or a flu. It almost feels mechanical, like the babe is so big that when s/he moves, it gags me internally. There's just no room for a stomach full of food in there. On the up side, I've discovered that if I don't eat solid food after 4pm, I sleep MUCH better. So, there truly is a silver lining to everything, isn't there?

Belly rubs all around!!
#9 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:08 PM

38+4 I guess. This is where I was when my water broke with DS. Sigh. I am really amazed by what a gestational bunch we are! Only one late June mama has had her baby - and its almost the 20th! I feel like another late June mama and at least one July mama need to have a term baby before I can
#10 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizafava View Post
I feel like another late June mama and at least one July mama need to have a term baby before I can
: That's *exactly* how I feel! Like I'm waiting for somebody (Birthfree/*Mama Moose*????) to go, so it's my turn in line!
#11 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM

38+6
not too much new here, going to the AP park playdate thing today, I swear it pulls my week together lately! And it means that my DD goes outside and plays at least once a week

On an interesting note that Lizafava reminded me of, 38+6 was the day I was induced with DD1, so I guess I can have a little mini-celebration that I made it longer with my high BP issues than I did with her!
I'm trying another BP remedy thing, lemon juice and cream of tartar, which really is not as gross as it sounds since I like lemon juice. We'll see if it helps, I've tried just about everything else I think.
I've been having insomnia so bad, I was up every single hour last night. Like clockwork! And then I got up for the day at 5:40. And of course DD had to get up at 6 since she realized I wasn't there

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#12 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM

39w5d

DS had a major meltdown this morning, I was 45 minutes late to work (everyone understood and covered for me, no harm), and it just started my day off very badly. My night ended with DH getting grumpy with me because I asked him to just sit down and watch our TiVo'd Deadliest Catch with me instead of cleaning up (I just wanted to watch it and then go to bed) and I heard him mumble under his breath "I wish you would just go to bed". So I did! He slept on the couch half the night and snuck in at some point in time. Then DS woke up and all hell broke loose.
GREAT mood I'm in today... so after I dropped off DS at daycare I stopped at the gas station and bought my favorite Peach Iced Tea. It's by a sort of local company and the BEST I've ever had. It's all high fructose corn syrup I'm sure, but I just really needed something to lift my spirits.

On the physical side, I feel fine.... baby's coming 4th of July and that's that. I won't even consider him coming before that!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.
#13 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMoonBean View Post
Still really nauseous. Haven't been able to hold down much besides liquids and jello.
Yeah what's the deal with the sudden nausea. DH made steak last night and the mere smell of the meat made me gag. I had to lock myself in the bedroom and throw all the windows open to get rid of the smell. This morning, I couldn't even keep down my breakfast and I've been weak/dizzy for hours. Ugh...what's going on?!
#14 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 PM

39+4 After some bloody show yesterday, I continued to have menstrual-like cramps all day. Last night around 2 am they became more contractionish, but still really low in my pelvis and lower back. (Not at all like the full-belly-leave-me-breathless-but-comfortable braxton hicks.) They were about every half hour most of the morning, but now I think they're every 10--15 minutes. This could be it! I'm going to start timing them a little more carefully.

After the bloody show yesterday, I spent my day running around the house a little freakishly, cleaning, doing laundry and sewing my hospital bag! It looks tidy in here, but I still have an overwhelming desire to wash all the bedding. Apparently my nesting instinct has finally kicked in!
#15 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klink2 View Post
39+4 After some bloody show yesterday, I continued to have menstrual-like cramps all day. Last night around 2 am they became more contractionish, but still really low in my pelvis and lower back. (Not at all like the full-belly-leave-me-breathless-but-comfortable braxton hicks.) They were about every half hour most of the morning, but now I think they're every 10--15 minutes. This could be it! I'm going to start timing them a little more carefully.
That sounds like it might be it!! ELVs to you mama!
#16 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 PM

39+5 and things have calmed down again.
I am really ready to have this baby. Nothing else to report...

*sigh*

Good wishes to all you mommas out there waiting just the same as me.

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#17 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 02:25 PM

39+4
We did my belly cast last night and seriously, I HAVE to show you comparison pictures from my youngest sons' belly cast (the only one we ever did) because it is TRIPY - like CRAZY!!!!! They are absolutely TOTALLY different. It's insane...

But other than that... nothing to report, not even BHs that kept me up last night or ctx. or anything (well, maybe 2). After reading the post about putting maternity clothes away I have savored every moment and I still am... but I'm worried about a baby that remains totally posterior and is growing every day. No biggie probably, but I have kinda bigger kids and a malpositioned baby that's big sounds like a combination for no fun. Maybe this baby won't be big though...

I read through one of Penny Simkin's books this morning (paging through looking at her tips on turning a posterior baby - of which I have tried them all I realized) and she DOES say, "Most OP fetuses rotate spontaneously by late first stage (of labor)" so that was encouraging. I'm going to hang onto that piece of info today.

So there you go. Just hanging around realizing I'm actually going to make it to my due date. What a total trip.

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#18 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM

I think I'll make it atleast to mine too BirthFree, my first guess when I was still early in pregnancy was the week of 4th of July, if not the day of. Which I'm ok with IF my BP would just cooperate! Its still up to 85 on the bottom, grrr.....
But yeah, I'm coming to terms with the idea of being pregnant into July.

#19 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 02:32 PM

41 weeks today and really annoyed....
Went in for my 41 week checkup and since my FP doc is out of town she had another person that is covering for her this week (who I met briefly last week - seemed nice enough at the time).

Anyway, this other doc did NOT inspire confidence - she's a resident (which I don't philosophically have a problem with) who clearly doesn't feel comfortable doing OB care. Not only that, but has this woman EVER done a VBAC?? (I decided it wasn't even worth asking). I'm really annoyed. To the point where I'm getting my MWs (who I had to transfer from because they lost their VBAC backups) to give the group of MWs here a call to see if they'll do me a favor and take a 41 week pregnant woman. (I thought I'd probably have better luck doing that rather than contacting them myself).

I guess that's the reason the baby hasn't come yet - it's waiting for someone competent to come attend the birth. Ugh. My regular FP doc (who I feel good about, but who has now really pissed me off by not leaving me in capable hands) gets back on Monday I think....

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#20 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 02:35 PM

39 weeks today! Having tightening and some light contractions. Lots of pressure (lots). I have to go to the bathroom (both ) constantly due to the pressure, so I am up all night. I am hoping that the contractions continue for a few days -- I like the idea that it helps me progress before active labor starts, that is what happened last time. My first two kids were born at this point in my labor and my third was born about 39w6d, so I am sure I am close. But I am not impatient.
#21 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM

39+1.......I want my baby.....wah........but really I'm fine. Puttering around and still feeling ok, just bored more then anything. I can't wait for dh to be done work on the 27th!

Had my homevisit yesterday which was nice. It's a lot easier with the kids to be at home. I'm measuring 34 cm, down another 2 from last week, which explains the grinding sensations in my pelvis! I can't believe how small I am compared to my other 2 where I always measured ahead.

Having lots of BH but nothign to write home about (still I think I' in labour 1000X a day_)
#22 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Update #2 for me (I should have waited to do this until after my doctor's appointment).

Apparently, I'm a tiny bit dialated (like, 1 cm), cervix is really soft and baby's head is super low. Doc was hinting that I should try to go into labor tomorrow since she's on call then...yah right, I'll get right on that. It's nothing tremendous to report but at least it's encouraging!
#23 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
Apparently, I'm a tiny bit dialated (like, 1 cm), cervix is really soft and baby's head is super low.
Cool! only 9 cm more to go!

I'm thinking a 2nd update is needed for me, too...feeling lots of pressure when walking around today, nothing too intense, but more than I remember noticing w/ the boys.

I can't tell if some of the internal aching is cervical or from the H'roids I'm trying to heal before delivery...I might try to be more diligent in finding my cervix tonight when EPO'ing, see if I can tell anything.
#24 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 07:40 PM

38w5d

Nothing going on here baby wise. Noodles is still really low and I'm getting bad back pain at night. Other than that, nothing new.

I did sand down my belly cast. I just need to find the right paint brush and get working on it. I really want it to be done and hung up before labor starts.

Is anyone else hungry all the time? Starting a few days ago, I feel like I could just eat nonstop. Not a good thing since my exercise routine is pretty much out the window by this point.

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#25 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 08:00 PM

39 today!

Went to the mw, uterus is still growing, which I was kind of hoping for a smaller # to tell me the babe has moved lower. No luck. Everything else is still going well! Dh keeps asking when the baby is going to come. I think he's getting pretty excited.
#26 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 08:23 PM

39w+4d

>sigh<

DTD last night...big fat nothing happened.

Tonight would be ideal if I could get baby on board with that idea...
#27 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM

38+6

No progress from last week, still 1-2 cm dialated, 50% effaced and baby at -2. I'm just so ready to be done, especially since it's soooo hot here now. The doctor told me to "have sex everyday until I go into labor" LOL! He said to tell DH that "he's got to take one for the team". I love my doc!
#28 of 28 Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 PM

I got fluff mail today!
a mama on a board I'm on sews dipes and I asked her to make up some pocket inserts for me with some hemp fleece I had, so she sent me those, but she also sent me a little tiny baby sized pocket dipe and a fitted dipe AND another mom on our board sent her some money/fabric to make, get this, MATCHING pocket dipes for my girls! I feel so geeky getting excited over matching diapers but seriously, they are so cute, I can't wait to take pictures of my girls in matching diapers!
It came at a good time too because I was getting slightly burned out on the idea of cloth for a few days there with my sewing experiments....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page