update thread 6/29 - the last few june ddc mamas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shout out to those still preggo June mamas who'll end up having July babies. How are you all doing?
#2 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 10:06 AM

what the heck!!? why doesnt she want to come home? i have her room ready, not that she'll sleep in there, her diapers washed, some clothes washed and she refuses to come home.. we're dying to meet her! doesnt she want to meet us?!
BUT inspite of it all..... im doing good!!! i've never walked this slowly in my life!!:

please let today be the day!!:

Lauren- Mom to Nina 2.5 yrs. & Elaina 10 mo....our next bundle is due in June! joy.gif
#3 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 AM

40+4 adn I'm still here and still nothin!

Tried DTD last night, succeeded, but that will be the last time. I tried to protest when DH got up to go back downstairs after and he said "what? I'm not being romantic enough for the woman who's idea of foreplay is to tell me to just do it quick before she has to go pee again?" Ahhh nothing like late term sex. I'm done.

Went for a walk last night and I'm still sore this morning, otherwise well. DH is taking the kids out for the morning and then we are off to a birthday party this afternoon............Mon we start renovations and packing. Sigh. I will be pregnant forever.

DH's mom decided to go to the lake this week (which I thought was a very wierd choice, considering.) and now she is calling us 4 times a day to ask if anything is happening. I am ready to block her cell phone! I mean if you want o be in the loop, stay in the city and help out. Don't go out where you have no power and the pester me for god's sakes.

Oh did I mention I'm really bitchy!
#4 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchamama View Post
I tried to protest when DH got up to go back downstairs after and he said "what? I'm not being romantic enough for the woman who's idea of foreplay is to tell me to just do it quick before she has to go pee again?" Ahhh nothing like late term sex. I'm done.

Happy due date to me! I am officially 2 weeks more pregnant that I have ever been before! Hooray!

I had some strong ctx this morning while everyone was sleeping - that hasn't happened to me yet during the day. But I know better now than to feel hopeful about that. The great news is that I got a good nights sleep last night, and fell asleep probably within half an hour of going to bed. I am soooo grateful for that.

There are so few of us left! The July babies have started rolling in, which is a little depressing.

HAM, I have not given up on June yet! We have two more days
#5 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 11:20 AM

I've given up on '08!
#6 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 11:20 AM

ok, I realize we are getting to the end of June, but HAM, I am NOT throwing in the towel to say I will end up having a July baby! There's still all of today and tomorrow!!

I am not giving up hope!

Feeling much better than yesterday. I just took a restorative day and did a whole lotta nothin'. I even took a three hour nap! And don't you know the more I sit around on my butt, the more ctx I get! So I am thinking maybe I just need to focus on RELAXING!!!

I have those little angel cards, and have been wishing I would pick the 'birth' card, but all I've been getting lately is 'patience' and 'faith' (yeah, yeah).....until this morning. I finally got the birth card! So I am loooking waaaay too much into it probably,(please, a sign, something promising!!.... but I think it means something. I really do.

And if I happen to give birth in July, well, that's only a few days away, so that's fine too! I am no longer in that place where I feel I will be preggo forever. At least not this morning! Could be the pancakes drenched in maple dp made this morning, but I am feeling quite upbeat!!! Sending out positive vibrations to all the mamas!::
#7 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 11:33 AM

40+2, I'm still here as well! There are so few of us left now!

anarchamama, I feel you on the "hurry before I have to pee again" , I think every time we've DTD in the past month once we get past foreplay I have to say "wait wait, let me pee first", so sexy huh? And I'm so romantic I totally FORGOT that I was going to try to seduce DH into DTD last night! Maybe tonight I'll remember

Yesterday felt ok, 40+1 was fine with me, now that we're getting into +2, etc, I'm starting to get a little of the overdue blues. Which is silly because I know there are mamas on here much further along than I am, but still, gotta say I wok e up this morning and thought "damn, still pregnant." (as if it would have happened in my sleep? )

Oh, and I'm a bit bitchy too, gotta share with you all this story from yesterday:
my DH works at this restaurant as his 2nd job and decided to take the month of July off (he works 1-3 nights a week there) to adjust to having a new baby etc, and help me out with DD1 getting to bed because she has become anti-bed lately and that plus new baby....I'm going to need help. Anyways, they've all known for 2 weeks hes taking off the month, and they've known for about 8 months now that hes expecting a new baby at the end of June beginning of July. They also know that he always has the 4th of July off because we live literally where the parade and fireworks in our town are, I mean literally, its on our street, plus he has to be at his first job at 4am the next day. So anyways, theres the backstory, well, yesterday, we are all napping (DH, DD, and I) and the phone rings to wake all of us up (including DD, so no chance of going back to sleep now!). Its a waitress from the restaurant ASKING HIM TO WORK FOR HER 4th OF JULY!!! And to top it off that she would so rudely expect him to come in when hes expecting or will have a tiny baby on a day that will be very hard to get in and out of our house/street so SHE can go get drunk with her new boyfriend.....the waittress that it was just so happens to be is, drumroll please.....
my dads ex girlfriend!!!! How rude can you be, that you watched me grow up for 8 years as my step mom and when I am 41 weeks pregnant you call my husband to work YOUR shift that he purposely took off to support me so YOU can go get drunk on a dumb holiday?! And she even tried to guilt trip him, saying how she always works the 4th and really wanted to have it off for once! He said no of course, but sheesh, that woman is so lucky that I am big and fat and cannot get out of bed quickly so DH answered the phone, because she would have heard some things out of me to make sailors blush!!
And its not like hes not working just waiting around for me to have a baby, hes still working 30-40 hours a week at Costco in the morning/daytime, we just decided that I really need the help at night with DD1 enough for him to take the time off from the restaurant now even if I go over my EDD. Plus theres only 5 or 6 wait staff there so its not like costco where he can just call the day we have Libby to start his vacation time, he really had to take the time off NOW so they are prepared when we have her and he really can't come in. So it made sense to just take the whole month. But even if he didn't take the month, geez, I am due any day now and she of everyone down there should know and respect that! Rude rude rude!
And yes, I have been bitching about it ever since yesterday, I even called my dad to bitch about it DH thinks its hilarious that I made it into such a big deal when all he did was calmly say no and move on!

I told him that it is very very wrong to cross an overdue pregnant woman, especially one due in the summer, and double especially one who is TRYING TO NAP!!!!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#8 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM

I'm feeling so bored today, and its making me feel antsy to be done being pregnant. That seems silly when I REALLY think about it, but in the moment it makes sense.....

I need to think of something to do to occupy my time and make me NOT sit around and think about being past my due date. DD1 was born at 39 weeks, so I've never had to do the whole sit around and wait thing.....

Not that we have the money, but maybe I'll convince DH to walk with me down to our fave mexican place and get lunch....

I should learn how to knit or something, it certainly seems like I have plenty of time to do so!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#9 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 01:41 PM

Just wanted to send labor vibes your way!

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#10 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 03:04 PM

still preggo here!!

And my body is giving me no signs the time is near.
#11 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 05:16 PM

Hey ladies -
just wanted to say HANG IN THERE! Nobody stays pregnant for forever. And don't forget that that silly 40 weeks is an *average* - for every mom who goes early there's one who goes late. Your baby will cook until it's just perfect, annoying as it is.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#12 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I'd wait until later in the day to post my update, because *maybe*, just maybe, something might happen...but, nothing did. No BH contrax, no bloody show...just N.O.T.H.I.N.G. : DH is sick again, sorta, and being a man, he stubbornly refuses to do what's necessary to get better. *sigh* He was up at 5 a.m. again, coughing up a lung, trying to get all this phlegm out of his lungs. At least he got up to let me sleep some more....

I have had major lower back pain for the past 2 days, and to make things worse, I got some crappy round ligament pain today while carrying this tiny bag of groceries home.

I'm with mama moose...I feel BORED and impatient. Nothing catches my attention anymore...not knitting, not sewing, not cleaning madly, not baking, not...anything! I know I'm only at 40 + 2 (or 39 + 6 depending on who you talk to), but damnit, I don't even know why I'm still preggers. What's weird is that the baby barely moves anymore, so I feel very alone in my pregnancy. Sometimes I have these wild fears that something's gone wrong between one prenatal and the other, and that I'm going to have a stillborn baby...Can you tell I suck at waiting?

DH has gotten used to hearing me complain and whine so...there's no one to complain to! I wish something would happen...anything!
#13 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 07:11 PM

Hey, all you late-juners!

It's 5am here, still dark outside and I am awake bc I just breastfed my LO. So I thought, I'd check in on you and give you some encouragement, if I can...

I know you are all a little frustrated, because everybody else is busy with their babes and you are still waiting... Just hang in there (yeah, wise words from me, what ELSE would you do? Doh! )... It's so worth the wait!!! And my personal opinion: rather wait a couple of days longer than spend them in labor

I am just so in love with my sweet DS and you will be there soon too, yay for that!

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#14 of 15 Old 06-29-2008, 11:57 PM

40+1, bored and trying to be patient. Everyone (especially dh) is encouraging me to rest - as if I can put sleep in the bank to take out later. I'm tired ot resting and want to get things going. Oh well, he'll be here when he gets here. I wasn't actually expecting him to get here until July anyway. DH is hoping he'll get here Wednsday on HIS birthday. Doesn't he want the baby to have his own birthday. Alas, not for us to decide.

BTW - also bithcy, NOT DTD for a while, and losing appetite - hard to get all the protien in right now.
#15 of 15 Old 06-30-2008, 01:30 AM

OMG, I laughed out loud at the "foreplay" comment from your DH anarchamama!!! Nothing like a late-pg commentary from a pregnant woman, I swear they are the FUNNIEST most enjoyable thing.

I'm really sorry your babies aren't here yet, but I'm so proud of you all, I'm still reading and cheering you on (baby is sleeping and I had to catch up before I join her).

Blessings mamas, and prayers that soon your babies will join you here!!!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode