post partum bleeding - after 2 weeks it is red again? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

My bleeding had slowed down quite a bit but today it is red again, with some small clots. When I look it up it says that this is a sign to slow down, but what do they mean? Physically? I haven't been doing much. I am not napping like I did with dd, but does not getting enough sleep also impact your post partum bleeding?

Ugh!

Jacqueline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-12-2008, 05:44 AM

I'm kinda in the same boat...although I broke the rules and dtd just before three weeks pp.

I remember this happening with my first baby... I honestly thought I was probably dying, too scared to call the dr bc I didn't want them to confirm my untimly demise...LOL

If I were you, I'd just rest as much as possible but not to really worry about it... Unless of course its a pad an hour or your overly worried.

Hope it tapers off for the BOTH of us!
#3 of 7 Old 07-12-2008, 06:15 AM

Make sure someone else knows in case you pass out - the same thing happened to me and I hemorrhaged at 2 weeks pp and almost died from blood loss when I passed out. A few days in the hospital after one scary ambulance ride and I'll never forget.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#4 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM

i wouldn't worry *at all* unless like mamahen said you're soaking a super pad in an hour. my MWs said that it can do that...taper then restart. For me it's been on an off for a week (DD is almost 3 wks old), b/c my activity level is increasing...e.g., a bowling party for a bunch of crazy 7 year olds yesterday.

One of my MWs said that when your uterus is finishing contracting, you can slough off the lining of where the placenta was and it can happen when everything else goes in the first week or so, or a bit later on.

I'm thinking the hemmorhage scenario of the PP is fairly rare, but that's why you watch for it to be a pad/hour. If it gets to that, call.

HTH.
#5 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM

I same thing happened to me and I am still bleeding after 4 1/2. The clots come and go and sometimes the blood is bright red.
#6 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 03:12 PM

My MW told me the red return means you're doing too much.

Homebirthing, homeschooling AP, gardening maniac running a working farm. No circ, no vax, no cable TV. EC'd and CD'd, tandem BF'd.  Cheese and soap making goat and child herder.
#7 of 7 Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM

I'm nearly 3 weeks pp now, and some days I have no bleeding, other days it's bright red, and sometimes there's clots. Usually the no bleeding days come after a day of doing nothing but laying in bed. The days where I bleed and clot come after days of doing physical things like walking, shopping, lifting (like carrying around the carseat to take the older kids to their activities). I was dangerously anemic after delivery, but my OB just said to watch it. Any huge clots, soaking a pad in an hour, or feeling lightheaded and I was to call her. I think as long as you feel okay, you should be fine. Just keep an eye on it and call your HCP if you're concerned.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page