What is the best month to have a baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2008, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had an October baby and a January baby. I was REALLY looking forward to having a June baby. Not big pregnant in the summer....summer maternity leave...fewer worries about colds, rsv that sort of thing....lazy summer days rocking/nursing baby on the porch while my older kids play in the yard.

my June baby has been fun.....but I kind of think January was my fav time to have a baby. I think I would like to have baby a little older during the summer so she can join in the fun...bike rides...swimming etc.

What has been your fav month/season to have a baby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM

Ds was due May 15th and born April 25. That was good. I didn't have to buy summer maternity stuff. That was better than June IMO.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 07-16-2008, 09:58 PM

My babies have been born in April, May, March, May and June. We love it!! I honestly cannot imagine having a baby in a cool month. We spend so much time outside with new babies as it really helps to calm them down. I wouldn't know what to do with a baby born in a cold month! Not to mention all of the bulk associated with having a baby in cold weather - ICK!!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:59 PM

Yeah, I can't imagine having to bundle a baby so much when it is brand new. I like spring/summer. DS was born in April, and while we needed long sleeves, it wasn't bundle up cold. I think spring may be ideal, but I actually love my June baby. I love that she can come out with us in just a onesie and be comfy.

CPST and SAHM to DS (4/20/06) and DD (6/13/08)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:53 PM

My first DD was born in November and I thought it was a good month. I wasn't too big/uncomfortable in the heat of summer and we just kind of snuggled in for a long, cold babymoon- we both took lots of naps! Now having a few other kiddos to care for as well, I think this is the best time to have a newborn. We get outside everyday and I think the fresh air/ exercise is good for all of us.

Quoteriginally Posted by aswbarry~A~ Mama to DD 6y, DD , DD 3y and DD 1y
Old 07-17-2008, 10:29 AM

It's funny... all of the rest of my babes have been winter-ish babies (Feb, Sept, Jan) and we don't know what to do with a summer babe. We keep overbundling him, esp. when we take him outside... it's like we can't imagine dressing a babe in just a onesie, .

Honestly, I preferred the January birth the most, as far as timing goes. The pregnancy was extremely comfortable, I enjoyed the snuggled in babymoon, and (vanity alert) I enjoyed having several months of long pants and sweaters to hide in while I lost the babyweight before it was beach season again. We didn't worry too much about RSV, though, since the babe was fullterm. We did seriously limit visitors, though.

If we have another babe, we'll be aiming for a Dec, Jan, Feb birthdate. My .02!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM

I think I would have loved May... b/c by the time I got my brain wrapped around newborn-hood I'd still have the whole summer left. But I do like June too... just wish I hadn't been so close to the total end of June.

I had an early July, a mid-Aug. and an end-of-Jan., but the Jan. one made me feel SO enclosed inside and very isolated... I much prefer summer babies!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM

I had one in mid may, one in mid January and one late June. May was by far the best , not too cold but not horribly hot.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM

Well I've only done June and September and June has been much better. Being pregnant all through the hot summer was the pits last time. I was SO swollen and really couldn't enjoy going out to take walks, it was just so hot.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
Old 07-17-2008, 04:39 PM

My first was end of December, this one was end of June. I'm doing a summer baby next time again! I HATED being at home in the winter time. I couldn't go outside much because it was too cold. So I got serious cabin fever. I can't imagine being at home with a toddler AND a newborn in the winter. It would drive us all nuts! I know kids can play out in the snow, but we don't tend to have a lot of snow here... we only got about a foot this winter. But it's still very cold, so it's not really fun. If anything, it rains. YUCK! Rainy with 35 degree weather. NOT fun!
I love that for the month of June, I could go out in my pool and just float. It was very relaxing and it helped with the little bit of swelling I got. It was hot at times, but I definitely prefer it. Plus I'm home all summer with my two little boys!

Aubree, wife to a wonderful DH, mom to Colin 12/05, Hudson 6/08, and Gavin, 1/12/11.

User Tag List