Mothering Forum banner

Who loved being pregnant?

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  greenbeing 
#1 ·
I did! Really, I was stressed out about my BP the whole time, but I like being pregnant. I wasn't uncomfortable, and really just all in all enjoyed it. I loved my birth and would do it again any time! Maybe that's why it is so hard that DH says he is done with kids.

#2 ·
nak

it just depends on what area of my life i'm at. i've had a baby in my teens, two in my early/mid twenties and now in my mid thirties. my early twenties pregnancy i enjoyed the most. i was selfless, fearless, knew what to expect and had the knowledge that i could do it. this time around was hardest, probably because i had more to give up. all throughout this pregnancy, i kept trying like hell to get to that zen place like i'd so easily done "back then", and it just wasn't happening.

#3 ·
I do for the most part, the last month always kicks my butt... and this last time I had some bad m/s... but otherwise, I do. My births have been SUPER fast, very straight forward the last two times esp. too.

It's a feeling (being pg) that I will always be nostalgic about... same with birth... it's the newborn baby, stress, responsibility, that I won't miss.

#4 ·
I loved mine! Except for the month where I had the flu and then a sinus infection, I felt great even up to the day I gave birth. I loved my birth too. I really enjoyed my pregnancy with James 2 years ago too, though the last 4 weeks of that one were very stressful because of the whole breech c/s thing. Even if we don't have a third baby, at least I feel like I've finally gotten to "do it right" this time (as far as the birth goes). My birth was really just perfect.

#5 ·
Loved, loved, loved it! Even with the constant heartburn, SPD, hormonal wackiness, exhaustion. My baby came at 41 weeks, 2 days, and I would have happily waited another month just to be pregnant a little longer. Funny thing is that I don't miss it or long to do it again, but while I was in it I was aware of what a sacred time it was. I feel the same now about the newborn stage.

#8 ·
Everyone has always said I should consider surrogacy because I have such an easy time being pregnant. But, no, that's not for me!

I have never had a difficult pregnancy. It gets hard for me after my EDD - the last week or two past my EDD are killers, but that's mostly mental.

#9 ·
I can't say I loved it. It was a much easier pregnancy this time versus with my son though. I wasn't sick and no insomnia/water retention. My labor was hard, but much more rewarding with the VBAC.

#10 ·
I love being pregnant until the last month or so, but even then it isn't that bad. I love feeling the baby move inside of me and the way my hair and skin glow with pregnancy.

I had two amazing, textbook natural births and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I really believe that childbirth is the most empowering event in my life, hands down! I even like the newborn phase, with all the little coos and oohs and ahs.

I already created another thread about this being my last...I am SOOOO sad about it and I know that when dh goes in for his vasectomy, I will be super bummed. But, I am so incredibly blessed and fortunate that I got pregnant when I wanted to and have two healthy children. What more can I ask for?

Jacqueline

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kylahroo View Post
Everyone has always said I should consider surrogacy because I have such an easy time being pregnant. But, no, that's not for me!

I have never had a difficult pregnancy. It gets hard for me after my EDD - the last week or two past my EDD are killers, but that's mostly mental.
This is me, too. My chiropractor, who worked with me for years before I got pregnant with my first child, said that pregnancy actually healed me - some chronic back/hip problems just disappeared. It's as though my body just tuned into itself, and that new life, in the most amazing way. Even though I had some typical prenancy complaints, I loved being pregnant.

#12 ·
I really love some parts of pregnancy. I can't say I love the whole thing completely. But with my last 2 pregnancies, I didn't gain much weight (10 and 2 pounds, respectively) didn't have any swelling, and felt pretty good. I had aches and pains, round ligament and lower back mainly. I got sick of peeing and not sleeping well. I was depressed that I ran out of cute clothes to wear. But I loved not having to worry about whether my jeans fit or not. I loved the special time I had with my babies. I loved the knowledge that I was supporting a whole 'nother person. I can't say that I want to do it again right this minute, simply because I'm relishing these precious few months of her life. But when I do it again, I just have to remind myself that yes, the throwing up and fatigue and stress and worrying that something will go wrong *is* worth it.

#13 ·
yeah...so i actually really hated it. i was huge. super uncomfortable, and i think i just felt awkward with myself the whole time. plus, i don't feel like i really 'bonded' with norah while i was pregnant, though i really really tried.

though, now that i'm not, and a couple of my friends are, i want it again. plus i kinda got cheated out of a month, i really want to do it again.

there are things i'd do differently though. i ate too much bad food. and i didn't excercise enough. and i didn't let myself be pretty while pregnant. next time i think i'd like to be pregnant during the summer...not hugely pregnant, but i'm more active in the summer.

#15 ·
Another one for loving this pregnancy! I had a little bit of a time getting used to the nausea in the 1st trimester and then I ended up getting sick for a few days toward the end, but besides those, I loved it. I'm really sad when I think about this being my last one. Dh says no more, and I'm hoping he'll change his mind in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.