Um, I have a jelly belly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...it totally flops around when I sneeze, laugh or cough. Très unsexy.
#2 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 PM

lol, i was poking and prodding around at mine last night thinking, lordy, you and i need to have a serious talk.

i don't know about anyone else, but mine, even though is still continuously shrinking, is always the last to go. i feel pretty close to being back to normal except for this last little bit of floppy skin/flub!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#3 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 02:18 PM

Yeah my belly button felt like a black hole when I laid down. Around 2 wks PP my belly button went back in and I started consciously standing up straight and trying to have good posture, and also doing some very gentle pelvic tilts to remind my abs what they're for. 2 weeks later I still feel pretty loose, but much much better than I did. I wouldn't get too serious about anything until 6 weeks or so.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#4 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 08:18 PM

toh
My innie is an outie now... multiplied b/c of baby stretching x4

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#5 of 13 Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 PM

ah yes, the sunken souffle.
It goes away......and I agree not doing too much before 6 wks and do cross your arms over your belly and squeeze your abs together when doing gentle head and shoulder lifts/crunches to help abs go together again.
#6 of 13 Old 07-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma View Post
...it totally flops around when I sneeze, laugh or cough. Très unsexy.
Welcome to motherhood!

Mine is the same way. The worst part is trying to find pants that fit. If they fit my bum I can't get them done up and if they fit around my middle the ass is way too big.

Fun stuff.....I live in yoga pants.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#7 of 13 Old 07-19-2008, 07:01 PM

Has anyone tried Spanx?? Not that I can afford them. They're like $70 a pr.! I'd like to though. I don't think I'm going to be making it to the gym for awhile but I'm dyyyyying to. If I were more motivated I would just stop eating crap - I'm sure that would help, lol. I'll get there....
#8 of 13 Old 07-19-2008, 07:11 PM

I'm too cheap! Lol! So instead I do yoga when I'm ready - but considering I can STILL put a finger between my ab muscles, I think my stomach is going to FOREVER be out. Urgh!!

I can't wait to do yoga again, I'm really looking forward to it!

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#9 of 13 Old 07-19-2008, 10:14 PM

One of my books on postpartum exercise says that your abs are only "separated" if you can fit more than TWO fingers between them at 4-6 weeks. As long as it's less than that it will generally knit itself back together as long as your'e good to them

I'm too cheap for anything - right now I'm living in 2 pairs of shorts that are 2-3 sizes larger than my "normal" size, plus 2 stretchy skirts. Wish I could wear sundresses, but nursing is impossible in them. My strategy last time (which I think I will repeat) is to continue wearing these shorts until they start to fall off me, at which point I will switch to the one pair of pants that I have that are a size smaller. When those fall off me I'll go to the next smaller pair.... Either way, NOTHING I have bought since having my son actually fits at my waist - they all sit at my hips because... well, I don't have a waist anymore

Even after all the weight is lost, you're shaped differently, KWIM? Doesn't seem to matter HOW much Pilates I do...

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#10 of 13 Old 07-20-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

My mother just bought me a postpartum support belt...a kind of stretchy belt thingy that has a wide velcro tab that makes it adjustable. I'm hoping that it helps the soreness in my lower back when I walk around (and it hides the gajillion of stretch marks I inherited between 40 and 42 weeks!).
#11 of 13 Old 07-20-2008, 01:21 PM

Since having my first child 6 years ago my stomach stayed that way. I'm okay with it. I don't feel like I need to be perfectly, idealized sexy in every way.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#12 of 13 Old 07-20-2008, 02:11 PM

some of you can actually *find* your ab muscles to tell if they're seperated?

i still use my bella band for nursing belly coverage since my draw string pants always slip down to my hips. i'll be so happy to finally do away w/ it.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#13 of 13 Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 AM

the deflated souflee - I think that's such an accurate way to describe it. Add the fact that my stretch marks (new with this pregnancy! what a treat!) make me look like I've been run over by a truck, and you have a really sexy belly.

I lost 20 pounds pretty much immediately, and my body is holding onto 15 for dear life. Mostly it's in the saggy, bouncy, gross belly, but I still have leftovers in my post pardum arms and tush. I pretty much feel bleeechhhyyyyy physically.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page