Mothering Forum banner

So, now that they're here...

4K views 33 replies 32 participants last post by  berkeleyp 
#1 ·
What kinds of carriers are we all using? We posted months ago about what carriers we had, and which ones we were going to get...
Now that it's summer and our babes our here, what are you using?
I'm using a Mayawrap ring sling, but still getting the hang of it. First time with a ring sling...
Got a cotton hotslings pouch.... not so crazy about it, since the other pouch I used before was a microfleece peanut shell and I liked the stretch is has.
In the house, I tried to use my Moby Wrap, but got kinda hot. I do like how the weight is distributed in it.
I'm going to Florida to visit my sister in August... thinking about the Gypsymama Bali Baby Breeze. It would work for here and there... we'll see!

Everyone else?

#27 ·
we only own a moby wrap that my doula gave me and we love it! norah is quite content to fall asleep in the newborn position, though we've just recently tried turning her around and she seemed to like that too, though i keep bumping her into things while i'm moving around.

i told her to yell at me when i do that

#28 ·
At the moment, we are using a padded ring sling..easy in and out (or I lie DD down still in the sling and she doesn't wake up---usually)

I'm also loving my Sleepywrap, but it can be too hot. Good for going outside walking though...especially when I have to keep up with my DS.

#29 ·
Finally - I've been wanting to post here forever, but never managed with noah nursing non-stop, and being sunburned and me being completely sleep deprived...

I don't use ANY carier at the moment, because neither my ring slings nor my mai tai work for us. mainly bc DS feels squashed in the sling and the mai tai is just too big, I guess. I am planning to make one slightly more narrow and with a flap to hold the head, but you know what it's like... - go out to buy fabric? sit down and do some sewing? Ha! In my dreams...

Anyhow, the biggest problem is the heat - all of the above are just too hot for him. I really need to find a aolution bc he is getting heavier and heavier and I don't get ANYthing done, because I am holding him most of the time.
Any advice on carriers for hot climates etc. desperately needed and very welcome... TIA and sorry for semi-hijacking

#30 ·
I keep forgetting that some people actually get hot summers. We live in the Pacific NW and it has been cold and foggy here for as long as I can remember. I don't even own a pair of shorts
. I'm sorry that it is so hot for your babies, but I have to admit that I am a little jealous of your sunny days.

That being said, we have used the ergo, a posh pappoose RS, and a woven wrap. So far, Rex likes the wrap best, but I wear the RS or ergo for errands because dealing with the yards of wrap can be overwhelming when he is screaming.

#31 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiannaK View Post
sigh ....

I am a baby wearing loser ....

The only thing I feel comfortable/figure out with is the Bjorn. I have a Hotsling, and a Moby wrap, as well as a Maya ring sling. It's like I need someone here to show me how to use them each time .....

I can sort of get it, when I'm with an experienced user ... but then get me home, and no amount of reading/video/playing with the wrap/pouch/sling helps me.

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one!
hey! I'm not so good at the sling/wrap stuff either. I got a BabyHawk, though, and it's sooooo simple!! I love it! I'm thinking about getting an Ergo too...do you know anyone with either of these so you can try it out?

#33 ·
BabyHawk mei tai all the way. She's nice and snug, I can nurse her pretty easily when she's on my front (I've been the queen of NIP'ing lately... while signing loan papers at the bank, at Costco, while walking down the street, at the park, in the backyard, pretty much wherever we are). She went cherry picking on Friday on my front, and went huckleberry picking on my back (hubby had to help me get her there safely) last week. She loves it, I'm comfy, etc.

I also got my new one with pockets and all that jazz, so I can just slide my wallet and keys in there so I can leave the diaper bag in the car and have two free hands for each of my little hoodlums to keep them from running into traffic.

ETA: Photos of our recent excursions with her in the BH are on my blog for the curious...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.