Wigging out over here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies! Congratulations, everyone! I can't believe I am actually posting here, but after 17 months of TTC, five cycles of medication and some serious dedication from dh... we're due 07/03/08. Today is 14 dpo - my blood work on 12 dpo had hcg at 95 and progesterone at 51.8. 7dpo progesterone was 49.5. I have another progesterone draw tomorrow, and I am scared out of my mind. Anyone else?

I was ecstatic for about 5 hours, and then just cautious, and then completely terrified that I am going to lose this one. I had two unconfirmed miscarriages well over a year ago, and I know the medication (continuing with metformin) is making that much less likely but it doesn't seem possible that we would just be able to get pregnant and carry to term after all we've been through.

I called the doc's office and they were very reassuring, as I finished my progesterone supplements on 12dpo and they just want to check and see if my progesterone is holding on its own or if I need some more support. Everything seems to be going perfectly - good numbers, fairly nauseated, sore breasts, firm uterus... no signs of spotting or anything, thank God. But it still doesn't seem real to me and I'm afraid that I'll do something wrong and lose it.

We've been looking into midwives and I really want to believe that my body will know what it's doing and everything will be great... but my body needed a lot of help to get this way in the first place, so maybe it doesn't really know what to do?

Am I being completely obsessive and negative or is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Hi there,
Your numbers look fine to me. After 17 months I can see why you're worried. I think it should drop a tad because your not taking them from an external source anymore.
Me. I have no trouble making babies, all 4 four pregnancy 1st try. Bringing them into this earth, well that's been a real struggle.

I hope we both can stick around for the whole 9 months!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM

I hope so, too, Christine.

I am 14 dpo and am feeling pretty nauseated now. I have PCOS and am on Metformin, too--I am hoping for things to go as smoothly as they did with my first pregnancy. (I have a 14mo daughter.)

I don't know much about the numbers, but I do know that yours sound good. If they start dropping, you can try progesterone support; lots of women have had really good luck with it.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy nine months for both of you!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. It helps to read that in black and white. I'm hoping that all three of us are here until we start posting on the birth stories thread!

christine - I am so sorry for your losses. Are you staying calm at all? I am pulling for you that this one is going to stick!

mchalehm - I clicked on your chart and we are cycle buddies! Same start date, same o date... same due date?! Were you taking anything other than metformin? I always had regular cycles but when my bloodwork came back they diagnosed me with PCOS. So we did clomid, metformin, dexamethasone and prometrium. Only taking the met and the vitamins is making me feel a little weird... like I'm not doing anything. I know that the doc will put me right back on the prometrium if the progesterone is low... and I'm not sure if that thought makes me feel better or worse. :

A happy and healthy nine months to both of you, too!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousk View Post
mchalehm - I clicked on your chart and we are cycle buddies! Same start date, same o date... same due date?! Were you taking anything other than metformin? I always had regular cycles but when my bloodwork came back they diagnosed me with PCOS. So we did clomid, metformin, dexamethasone and prometrium. Only taking the met and the vitamins is making me feel a little weird... like I'm not doing anything. I know that the doc will put me right back on the prometrium if the progesterone is low... and I'm not sure if that thought makes me feel better or worse. :
I was only taking Met--I've been really lucky in the fertility department for a PCOS woman. I didn't have any trouble this time--now if it just sticks I'll be golden. (I've never had a m/c, aside from a suspected VERY early--pre-HPT--chem pregnancy, but I'm afraid of it.) But the Met made a big difference to my cycles. I was ovulating without it but my cycles were anywhere from 29-45 days; when I started taking the Met they were 27-28 days, consistently.

But I've also made big lifestyle changes, including cutting out a lot of the starches that I used to eat. I love my potatoes but I do feel better without the carbohydrates.

It's funny that we're the same place in our cycles/pregnancies--it'll be fun to compare notes!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 PM

All of my conceptions were easy except for one-- took 2 years of careful trying and came right after a really devastating miscarriage. I spent those 9+ months feeling like I was walking around with a time bomb strapped to my stomach. I did have a subchorionic hemmorhage with her but I carried her to term.

Just eat healthy, rest, if you want to be super paranoid, no intercourse for the first trimester. And drink tons of water. Dehydration is your enemy!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

After 17 months of TTC, I think dh might be ready for a little break! But thanks for the tip about the water - I was pushing fluids yesterday and felt a lot better afterwards.

I posted on the symptoms thread and it seems like I am getting my fair share of them... hoping that's good news! The doc's office is closed today but I'm hoping that he'll be in the office to call me about my test results. (He's done it before). Otherwise it might be a loooooong weekend.

*** Just got the call from the doctor - progesterone was 41.1 on Thursday, three days after stopping the prometrium. Another check is scheduled for November 5, but otherwise everything looks good. He's not prescribing anything else right now. Hooray!!!!

User Tag List