isn't it weird.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-26-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
....that we already know we're pregnant?

I knew, for pretty sure, by 10 dpo. (I was temping and had a constant rise, plus I usually get my period by 10 dpo.)

I just feel like it's crazy to know that quickly--and to be sure and confirmed by a test before your cycle even hits 28 days! Last time, I was not trying to get pregnant--I was on birth control--and I still knew before 5 weeks.

Who are these women who don't realize they're pregnant until they're 6 months along? Must be they don't get sick.
#2 of 10 Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalehm View Post
...Who are these women who don't realize they're pregnant until they're 6 months along? Must be they don't get sick.
And don't chart, probably don't pay any attention to their cycles, or maybe have very irregular cycles. I tested 11 DPO, but I already suspected I wa pregnant, because I did not have the usual signs that my period was on its way, and my temperatures had not really dropped. I often wonder why more women don't take the time to learn more about their cycles and bodies.
#3 of 10 Old 10-28-2007, 03:23 PM

I knew this would be my cycle. this was the most straightforward chart I had had, everything came together, we timed things well, I just knew. I knew that early with my DS. But I always say my DD snuck up on me. I'm ashamed it took me to 5.5 weeks to figure it out with her.
#4 of 10 Old 10-28-2007, 05:31 PM

So funny cause I was thinking the same thing too. Like I am glad that I know but I almost wish I didn't just cause it makes that second trimester so much farther away. The safe zone. I got a faint positive 11DPO, then two more faint ones after that. I mean, even now I'm not due for AF till tomorrow at the earliest. It is weird.
But I just knew. I knew it. I just got the confirmation is how I look at it.

Jennie: SAHM to 3, student, and wife of almost 9 years.
Emily 7.5 Taylor 5 Logan 7.9.08 signcirc1.gif
mdcblog5.gif It's a collection of recipe's and tips on how and why to make real food plus some other good stuff!
http://purehomemaking.com/
#5 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 10:15 AM

I knew too. I got a couple of negative tests at 10 and 11dpo and then on 12 dpo, when I got my positive, it didn't turn positive within a minute and I thought this is total crap and got another test which was a different brand and used that and then the next minute both of them were positive!
It really did my head in because I was 'sure', but then I doubted myself and wondered if my symptoms were somehow pyschosemadic. But I'm pretty sure I felt the moment I conceived, I just all this static electricity occuring in my uterus in was really strange.
#6 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 11:28 AM

I got my first (light) positive Saturday afternoon. I have taken a different brand last night, again a light positive. Today I took another (I wasn't planning more and I am in shock so I seem to have this incessant need to waste money on tests) and it was the digital and it said "not pregnant" so I am confused and upset. This isn't planned, but now I want this baby...
#7 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 11:38 AM

It is a little weird knowing so early in the pregnancy. I also got my BFP on cycle day 10.

Honestly, I think it is harder knowing so early. I have had 3 losses: first pg ended at 11 wks, second one at 5 wks, then I had 2 boys, then lost the last one at 8 wks. With my second pg, I got a BFP in the morning and had a m/c that evening, I was an emotional wreck! If I had waited just one more day, I wouldn't of known I was pg, just would of thought I had a long cycle. With my last pg, I got a BFP at 10 dpo, but had a long cycle so my OB wanted my to get a sono to date the pg. The sono kept showing that the pg wasn't as far along as she thought it should be, so I kept getting my HcG levels checked every other day and repeat sonos until finally at 8 wks she determined that it was a blighted ovum (stopped growing at 5 wks.) It was an emotional rollercoaster to go thru all that testing and uncertainty.

The easiest pg I had was with my second son. I had just gotten my pp cycle back, when DS 1 was 9 months old, and was still exclusively bfing. I had 3 regular cycles, then a very light 2 day cycle. When the next cycle was late & I was feeling a little crummy it dawned on me to test. BFP! When I went for my first OB appt, he wanted to date via sono & found out I was 8 wks along. It really made the first trimester go by quickly! That child was born 3 wks early, so it felt like I was only pg for 6 months.

I am going to take things slow with this pg. I don't plan on letting my OB know until I am 7 or 8 wks along.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#8 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySunflowerBoys View Post
It is a little weird knowing so early in the pregnancy. I also got my BFP on cycle day 10.

Honestly, I think it is harder knowing so early. I have had 3 losses: first pg ended at 11 wks, second one at 5 wks, then I had 2 boys, then lost the last one at 8 wks. With my second pg, I got a BFP in the morning and had a m/c that evening, I was an emotional wreck! If I had waited just one more day, I wouldn't of known I was pg, just would of thought I had a long cycle. With my last pg, I got a BFP at 10 dpo, but had a long cycle so my OB wanted my to get a sono to date the pg. The sono kept showing that the pg wasn't as far along as she thought it should be, so I kept getting my HcG levels checked every other day and repeat sonos until finally at 8 wks she determined that it was a blighted ovum (stopped growing at 5 wks.) It was an emotional rollercoaster to go thru all that testing and uncertainty.

The easiest pg I had was with my second son. I had just gotten my pp cycle back, when DS 1 was 9 months old, and was still exclusively bfing. I had 3 regular cycles, then a very light 2 day cycle. When the next cycle was late & I was feeling a little crummy it dawned on me to test. BFP! When I went for my first OB appt, he wanted to date via sono & found out I was 8 wks along. It really made the first trimester go by quickly! That child was born 3 wks early, so it felt like I was only pg for 6 months.

I am going to take things slow with this pg. I don't plan on letting my OB know until I am 7 or 8 wks along.
It's so nice to be the the same ddc with you!
#9 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM

thanks Christine! Ditto to you!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#10 of 10 Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Knowing so early makes pregnancy last forever! But I can't not know now that I chart and know my cycles so well. Although this was a surprise I did just have a feeling.

Congrats to all of you!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page