When did/will you stop charting? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems like most people stop as soon as they get a BFP. I had wanted to keep going because I'm worried about another chemical pg, and also just to keep track of things. But this morning my temp crashed. If I had quit, I wouldn't have known, and wouldn't be freaking out right now. It did get below freezing around here last night, but I feel like that is grasping at straws. Help!
#2 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM

I used to stop as soon as I got the BFP, but this time I kept checking a couple estra days. I decided this morning to quit temping. I have one more HPT left and will probably take it this week, the others were done early so I just want to see a dark line.

I've had 3 losses and am very cautious this time. I also know that it is not good for me to keep charting and doubting everything. I just figure that if I am going to m/c there isn't anything I can do about it so I might as well just take things one day at a time.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#3 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 11:32 AM

I hear what you guys are saying, I wasn't charting, but I did observe my cm and cp. I have not had a dark test yet so I am very worried...
#4 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Last time, I stopped on cycle day 41. So far this time, I have continued (it's cycle day 46), because I am kind of curious about how long my temperatures remain elevated. I've been wondering whether they stay up throughout the entire pregnancy. However, I am not checking every day; just a few times a week.
#5 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

It should stay up, or even climb a little bit higher, throughout pregnancy. It's progesterone that raises your temp, and you need a lot of that hormone during pregnancy.
Well, I still feel pregnant, so maybe I should just quit tormenting myself. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love being pregnant, but I hate the worries!
#6 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Quarteralien - I think that your temp is still well above the cover line and I would try not to get too worked up over it (easy for me to say, I know). There are a lot of variables involved in the temping, any one of which could affect the temp and not be any real indication of how your pregnancy is progressing. I hope that helps!

We were temping and charting CM through two different systems. I stopped the temps as soon as I had confirmed ovulation, because they made me crazy in the tww, but I'm still charting the mucus on the creighton method chart. It just reassures me at the end of the day to put that green sticker on there and see how far I've come. I think I'll stop when I hit the end of the page - which should be in a day or two.
#7 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Hi Quarteralien

I know exactly what you mean about charting, in fact this morning, I decided, was my last charting day.

The other day I took my temp and it was below 98.0 and I freaked out just a bit.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10744d

I too had my loss w/DD and am being extra cautious, but the extra worry will only add to any anxiety I may have during this first trimester. So, I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Good luck!

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#8 of 9 Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM

I stopped about 3 days ago--I took my temp, was relieved that it was still up, and then thought, what's the point of doing this? What is it going to do for me besides give me one more thing to worry about? I got a darker line on a pg test and that made me feel better about things and feel like the pregnancy was getting established. (Also, I'm nauseous as all hell, so that's a reassuring, if annoying, thing.) So I'm done charting for the time being.
#9 of 9 Old 10-30-2007, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all for the input. I think I'm going to go until 18dpo, since according to TCOYF, that's another confirmation of pregnancy. Then I'll quit, and hopefully have a peaceful pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page