Why must I bleed? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my fourth pregnancy, and I've bled in every single one, during the first trimester. For both my DD's pregnancy and my chemical pregnancy earlier this year, the reason I figured out I was pregnant because I was randomly bleeding. I'm just tired of it. Pregnancy is supposed to be a break from blood. This time around, I spotted for a week, and thought it was done Tuesday morning. Today, I had a brief spot of blood this morning, after hanging up some laundry. I rested and drank RRL, and it's stopped now, but I'm SICK OF BLEEDING!!!!

Vent over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM

I'm sorry--I cherish pregnancy as a special time to retire my Diva Cup for a while. Does it worry you or are you just used to it?
#3 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm both used to it and a bit worried, just on the chance that this time it "means something." But mostly it just frustrates me. I just want to be done with blood.
Funny you should mention the Diva cup. I just got one about 2 months ago. I had wanted to for a while, but had procrastinated for no good reason. Then, I got it sort with the idea that Murphy's law would help me get pregnant: here I was getting a cup I wouldn't use until sometime in the year 2009. I did get to use it though, for one cycle. I hope I get about 2 years off of it though.
#4 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
Then, I got it sort with the idea that Murphy's law would help me get pregnant: here I was getting a cup I wouldn't use until sometime in the year 2009.
I got some lovely cloth pads that I got to use for a cycle and a half.

And wow, I thought the cramping (run-to-the-bathroom-you-just-got-your-period-cramping) that I get in my pregnancies was nerve wracking, random bleeding would make me crazy
#5 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 PM

Bronwyn...I hope it stops soon.
#6 of 9 Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 PM

I got pregnant in mid-March and bled at the end of March, middle of April, middle of May, middle of June, and middle of July. Not a lot of blood, but still it was blood, and for like 3 days at a time, and it scared the heck out of me. Nobody could really explain why it was happening; I even had an ultrasound in June when it was going on and it showed nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone just hoped it'd stop. And it did.

It seems like a miracle that I've gotten to 35 weeks with no other problems whatsoever; I'm perfectly healthy and presumably my baby is too.

I guess it must be something to do with our particular hormonal profiles. Some girls have all the luck. :
#7 of 9 Old 11-02-2007, 01:09 AM

I had bleeding for my three previous pregnancies, the last two I continued to get "periods" for a couple months.

So far no bleeding this pregnancy. I improved my diet (no more sugar) and eat healthier foods-- I think this is the reason.
#8 of 9 Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 AM

I hope it gets better.

Mother to two great kids. &
#9 of 9 Old 11-02-2007, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

No blood today so far.
I actually expected to be a random-bleeder type even before I got pregnant the first time. I often had mid-cycle bleeding that wasn't connected to ovulation. And then one of my sisters told me about her first pregnancy, where she didnt' realize she was pregnant until around 10 weeks because she had had 2 periods. I figured I would be the same. And I was right, sort of. You're right, jakesask, some people have all the luck. Lucky me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page