Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying to sleep on my side but every morning I wake up on my tummy
#2 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 09:37 AM

I sleep ANY way I am comfortable right now! This early in the game it isn't too big of a deal what position you sleep in.....I wouldn't worry about it just yet....My mom used to tell me how she would sleep on her belly sometimes when she was like 7 mos. pregnant!...with my brother and he is EXTREMELY smart, he's worked for NASA and he is getting his PHD in a couple months in physics(and has scored nothing less than a B or whatever that's equal too once you get that far in college)!!

Plus, last pregnancy I found myself waking up on my back! I would freak but my m/w assured me that everything would be ok.....

HTH!
#3 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 AM

I agree, I sleep however I can sleep. In past pregnancies, it was a choice between sleeping on my back, and lying awake on my side. Not a hard choice for me. And things worked out just fine. The major concern about being on your back is during labor, not so much during pregnancy. As for you stomach, well, I've never found that to be a comfortable position anyway, so I don't know what to tell you. Just get some sleep however you can.
#4 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 AM

I sleep however I can. LOL! I slept on my back for a good portion of my other two pregnancies without a problem...so I'm not too worried this time either. I slept on my tummy for a while...but it got uncomfortable so I stopped.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#5 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Totally trying to sleep on my stomach for as long as I possibly can! It's my favorite, so I'm getting in as much as I can before I miss it terribly!
#6 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 AM

I am prefectly set up for pregnancy. I sleep on my side with my legs bent slightly. Once I get bigger I am most comfortable with a pillow to rest my upper leg. I'm the poster girl for pregnant sleep position . I should say I've always slept this way and it wasn't planned .

Karen - spouse to dh for 11 years, mama to ds (Nov '02), dd (May '05) and ds and dd (Jun '08)

#7 of 7 Old 11-02-2007, 07:30 PM

I sleep on my side, haven't been comfortable on my back since I got pg. I am finding that bra or no bra, whenever I turn over in the middle of the night my boobs hurt and I wake up!! Hoping that either I start staying in one position most the night or my boobs manage to fall asleep somehow too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page