Friendly Reminder to Treat Morning Sickness BEFORE it hits... - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I was on the bathroom floor about to throw up and wishing I was dead. I managed to get one of the Zofron down (and I prayed I wouldn't throw it back up) and within about 10 minutes I felt much better. Within and hour I was able to snack and drink some tea. I am so grateful for this medication. I just hope it doesn't hurt the baby (yes, I'll say that ten thousand times throughout my pregnancy. LOL).

I know I feel more sick when I'm tired so maybe that's the bedtime/m/s link?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
Last night I was on the bathroom floor about to throw up and wishing I was dead. I managed to get one of the Zofron down (and I prayed I wouldn't throw it back up) and within about 10 minutes I felt much better.
Wow, I am jealous.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#123 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
I am so grateful for this medication. I just hope it doesn't hurt the baby (yes, I'll say that ten thousand times throughout my pregnancy. LOL).
I can totally understand the worries. When I was on it during my last pregnancy, they hadn't studied it for use during pregnancy. Just go reference Dr. Hale's book... maybe tape the excerpt for Zofran on your perscription bottle. (I linked to it earlier in this looong thread... maybe we're ready for a new thread DEALING WITH MORNING SICKNESS since this one was more about starting treatment before it hit).

VeganF, I hope you get some GOOD relief.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#124 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Barely keeping water down today. I broke down and called my midwife just to see if she or any of her fellow midwives have any tricks up their sleeves I haven't tried yet. And she said not to hesitate to have my primary care doctor refer me for IV fluids if necessary. She doesn't like Zofran, but agrees that if someone goes a few days consuming nothing, then it's handy to have some just to get a break to get some liquid and nutrients into the body. So we'll see how the rest of the weekend goes and I'll decide whether to go see my doctor next week.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#125 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 06:25 PM

ahem

:

it works

that is all
#126 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalehm View Post
I just have to vent for a minute--why is it that, no matter how I feel during the day, I always feel HORRIBLE around bedtime? Seriously, I can hardly imagine getting up to go up to bed. I'm so nauseated and I have the worst heartburn. And I've been okay most of the day today. But it's just impossible to get to bedtime!

It doesn't even seem to matter when I go to bed...I thought maybe it was tiredness as the evening wore on but it's like my body knows I'm headed to bed soon and starts amping up the m/s!
I feel this way too. I'm a little queasy here and there throughout the day but right before bed? UGH. My whole torso burns from the heartburn/gas and I can only get relief from laying with my head flat on the couch and butt up in air, knees under me. Imagine my husband's face coming home to me in that position after a long day at work :
#127 of 128 Old 11-17-2007, 07:42 PM

New thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...08#post9761208

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#128 of 128 Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM

Just wanted to say that I began taking the milk thistle twice daily for 3 months prior to ttc and began taking it 3 times a day when pregnancy was confirmed at 10dpo. Morning sickness began at 6 weeks and had worsened to the point of not keeping anything down by 7 weeks.

So I guess the milk thistle by itself was not enough to prevent the severe n/v for me.

I've also tried many of the other suggested remedies and they just don't do anything for me.

I was really hoping this was going to work this time, darn it!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page