Whatcha eatin? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it would be cool and somewhat inspiring to read what other mamas in here are eating. I noticed a lot of veg mamas, so I was thinking I might get some ideas reading what everyone else is eating.

We could list snacks or meals or whatever.

I am making dinner right now. We're having long grain brown rice, cannellini beans w/ lots of garlic, something green (broccoli? spinach?) and maybe some sliced tomatoes.

Anyone else?
#2 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 PM

EVERYTHING! OMG! FEED ME! FEED ME!!!!!!!!! I want your meal!!!! Your username is certainly appropriate!

I have to go find something to eat. I'll let you know what I wrangled... hope it's not alive!

okay... found some grapes.... still mowwing...

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#3 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 PM

I start my day with a big bowl of oatmeal, 2 pieces of toast with lots of butter, one with jelly (no sugar) and the other with a nut butter, a big glass of raw milk and a serving of fruit. I've eaten this meal for breakfast every single day for the last two years.

For lunch I make sure I get at least 2 servings of veggies and one fruit. Whole wheat pastas with sauce and meat, casseroles (I have a wonderful mac & cheese made with dried mustard, yogurt and a touch of cayenne, mmmm!!!), bread puddings, etc.

Dinner we eat common meal (I live in cohousing) so I just eat whatever is served.
#4 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 PM

Lots and Lots of Avacado! I'm eating them in ww tortillas with cheese and sour cream, or just plain, whatever. I love them!

Scrambeled eggs, carrots, cheese cubes, salsa, I crave meat but don't generally eat or cook with it so I'm not really having much. Seafood - lots of seafood. Whole grain rice. I'm starving all the time!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#5 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Oops

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

omg i love avocados, sliced up on a toasted tortilla with mexican seasoning (well, that's what it says on the bottle, it's dehydrated "stuff!")

and i could totes go for some grapes, too. grapes and cheese and wine.

no wine, though, huh.
#7 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 PM

I tend to eat leftovers for lunch from the night before (usually pasta or someting both a veg -me and a nonveg - dh can eat).
Breakfast lastely has been homemade banana bread but sometimes english muffins with veggie sausage like a sandwich. I eat a lot of veggie burgers, tempeh, pasta, burrito type things for lunch if not leftovers. I like cooking in bulk. LOL. I make bean veggie bean soups and chilis (yikes) and sometimes I'll just have some veggies and nuts for lunch. I've been really trying, the last year, to only eat when I'm hungry. And to only eat until I'm full... if I don't want a full meal, I won't eat one. I like to graze now. :-)

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
#8 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Clementine oranges! I bought a huge box of them at Costco and they are calling my name! Better that than the bucket of leftover Halloween candy. . .

Jen

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#9 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 PM

Waaah! I'm stuck visiting family and eating crap. :
#10 of 147 Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

oh, just enjoy the crap while you're there! ! well, that's what i do.

and now i need clementines and banana bread. this is a need here, people.
#11 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 12:02 AM

Mmmm, everything sounds delicious! I want grapes and cheese and wine, too. Avocadoes...

I'm afraid to eat seafood because of all the heavy metals. I just stick with the fish oil supplement.

I just ate a half a pint of gelato...
#12 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 12:05 AM

Last night I made some pumpkin granola bars (recipe from mothering.com) and we had those for breakfast this morning. They really hit the spot. Dinner tonight was a baked turkey breast, yams, and cranberry sauce. yum. I am constantly starving to death and mostly craving meat. I need to go to whole foods and stock up on stuff that I can just grab (and lots of organic ground turkey lol).
#13 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 AM

I love to cook but lately, whoa! I want MEALS! I roasted a chicken the other night, mashed sweet potatoes and peas. Today I made homemade chicken soup with tons of veggies....really hit the spot on this cold night! I'm going to go make some pumpkin bread from the pumpkins I froze last week. OH! I want to bake and bake and bake!!

Will probably be making a ziti tomorrow....that should call for some yummy homemade garlic bread!!

Off to preheat the oven.......

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#14 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM

Eating? Just making food for my son and husband is making me ill. All I can handle is sucking on limes and sipping chocolate milk.
#15 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilee21 View Post
Eating? Just making food for my son and husband is making me ill. All I can handle is sucking on limes and sipping chocolate milk.
I forgot to add that I'm cooking up a storm while I can....

I saw a post in which someone mentioned "feeding the freezer" for the MS time frame.....a little late for you

#16 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 AM

Oh no, see now I need clementines too!!!! Egg sandwiches are big on my list right now. Water with lemon. I had a craving for peanut butter earlier but I was out and got distracted by the egg sandwich when I finally got home
#17 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 AM

mmm...food...i love to eat! we had pizza tonight cause we got home late and we were too hungry to deal with cooking. the night before i made a west african style dinner w/swt potatoes, corn, tomatoes, white beans, onions and garlic, and then seasoned it with ginger, cayenne pepper, and chili powder, all served over brown rice. i've been on an orange veggie kick i guess cause before that i made baked squashes stuffed with veggie sausage, granny smith apples, and nuts, topped with just a drizzle of maple syrup. i loooove cooking!
#18 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilee21 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazerific View Post
the night before i made a west african style dinner w/swt potatoes, corn, tomatoes, white beans, onions and garlic, and then seasoned it with ginger, cayenne pepper, and chili powder, all served over brown rice. i loooove cooking!
can you either post the recipe for that or just bring some over, stat? that sounds so good.
#19 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 AM

I'm going to start eating oatmeal for breakfast every morning just to help with milk supply. I need ideas for yummy toppings.....besides loads of brown sugar or maple syrup!!

#20 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM

I'm going to have an egg for breakfast, don't know what for lunch, and a steak w/(pasteurized) blue cheese, mashed potatoes, and something green for dinner.
#21 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM

I had a few days of total ravenousness. I though I was pms .
But now I'm not too hungry, and I'm not craving anything bad, mostly fruit in fact. I've been steaming and freezing lots of pumpkin leftover from Halloween, so lots of thing with pumpkin in them too.

Yesterday--
breakfast: pumkpin black bean kale soup; a banana; 1/2 a soy yogurt.
snack: an orange; handful of peanuts; tea.
lunch: Italian pasta salad (yk-ww pasta, olives, chickpeas, tomatoes, broccoli, onion); another bowl of soup.
snack:some grapes; roasted pumpkin seeds.
dinner: edamame; sesame spinach; sushi (vegetarian); green tea.
snack: 1/2 an orange.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#22 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 09:26 AM

The last 2 mornings I have woke up feeling slightly nausous, so I ran into the kitchen for my organic pumpkin omega 3 granola! It is to die for! YUM! Then dh makes me breakfast, our own eggs, toast, once in a while a few pieces of bacon with no nitrates. Lunch is tricky. . ..and never very wonderful. Dinner we eat a lot of meat - our own lamb or chicken, usually squash or potato from the garden, we just got some wonderful spinach from a local farm and have been having spinach, craisen, walnut, flax seed, feta cheese and balsamic vinigrette dressing - delish!! I quit drinking coffe and don't drink soda anyway, and have been staying as far away from sugary sweet processed things as possible.
#23 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM

I have been craving Thanksgiving fare, and couldn't wait for Thanksgiving. Last night we made a Tofurky roast, mashed potatoes with shitake gravy, and steamed green beans. We had a Whole Foods pumpkin pie with real whip cream sweetened with maple syrup. It was so satisfying that I am warming the leftovers up for breakfast.

For breakfast I usually have a thick (so I can eat it with a spoon) smoothie 3-4 times a week made with cashews, walnuts, frozen mangoes, frozen berries, flax or chia seeds, and soy milk (I make it in the food processor, so I can get the right thickness).

I eat oatmeal a couple mornings a week. I mix in cashew butter and maple syrup or agave nectar and top with sliced bananas and soy milk creamer. It is so yummy to me.

I make savory veggie pancakes about once a week. They have grated carrots and zucchini, and they are a big hit with my dp and ds.

Lunch and dinner vary a lot, but I strive to eat a big salad or a big serving of greens everyday.

Mother to two great kids. &
#24 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 AM

Nov.7--
breakfast: 1/2 a banana; handful of peanuts; miso soup w/shiitake mushrooms & seaweed; tea.
snack: handful of wasabi peas; an orange; roasted pumpkin seeds.
lunch: soba noodles with broccoli.
snack: more wasabi peas; pumpkin pecan muffin; tea.
dinner: sesame ginger cabbage; brown rice; spicy baked tofu.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#25 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Im craving any kind of protein and carbs lol. Mainly this one fast food place that is called In and Out Burger OMG!!!! I can eat that for lunch and dinner and snack lol!! Ive also polished off my dd's Halloween candy lol...I know its bad but Im still drinking my cup of coffee each morning and watching the sun come up

Momma Morgan to Addison (3), Sydnee (1), Kimber 4/18/2010,and one angel 7-2009
#26 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianamy View Post
(I have a wonderful mac & cheese made with dried mustard, yogurt and a touch of cayenne, mmmm!!!), bread puddings, etc.

Dinner we eat common meal (I live in cohousing) so I just eat whatever is served.
Please share your mac and cheese recipe!
#27 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bugs View Post
Clementine oranges! I bought a huge box of them at Costco and they are calling my name! Better that than the bucket of leftover Halloween candy. . .

Jen
I bought a big box of clementines yesterday too! mmmmmmmmmmm
#28 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Wow. I know the hungries will hit at some point, but even now everything sounds so delicious!!

Smoothies made with frozen banana chunks are the perfect consistency. You can add protein powder, but I prefer milk or yogurt. This is a great chance to throw in some cod liver oil (pregnant women NEED that Vit A and D!) and ground flax seed, and you'll never taste it.

Ahimsa, post the recipe for those veggie pancakes!! I want to try them.

Linzie, I eat my oatmeal with bananas, raspberries or a spoonful of fortified raw honey (w/bee pollen). Mmm! Just sweet enough. I also pour some cream or milk or melt some butter on top.
#29 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post

I make savory veggie pancakes about once a week. They have grated carrots and zucchini, and they are a big hit with my dp and ds.

Lunch and dinner vary a lot, but I strive to eat a big salad or a big serving of greens everyday.
Please share your veggie pancake recipe.
#30 of 147 Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 AM

I'm struggling with food . I'm having severe nausea despite trying everything to help it . I was trying to go on an alkaline diet but I'm going to have to worry about just eating before I do that. I have found one thing I can stomach: brown rice mixed with beans (black or pink so far) tossed in lemon juice and olive oil.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page