Weekly Thread 11/12 - 11/19 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 11-15-2007, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I made my consult appointment with the midwife today! I'm so excited : I like her already. No MS yet, knock on wood, I didn't get it at all with my son so I'm cautiously optimistic. Got a poochy bloated belly and sore boobs but that's about it. I've told my family already (I can't help it!) but I'm waiting to tell my boss, which makes it hard to tell my friends at work, but I've sworn them all to secrecy

My issue right now is insurance at work - I want to take money out for my flex spending to pay the midwife, but my HR department was thrown for a loop because I guarantee I'm the first person to ever ask about midwife reimbursement. And I'm debating about whether to add another 40 hours of PTO next year, but what if something happens? I'm only 4 weeks, what if I lose the baby and then I'm stuck with an extra two grand I have to spend or lose it and an extra 40 hours of vacation that cost me $$$ that I really didn't need. And I need to make a decision on all of this by next Wednesday.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#62 of 83 Old 11-15-2007, 10:36 PM

i had a very nauseous day today. Even the thought of drinking water makes me feel ill. I could only eat a few things --- kiwi, oranges ( I really wanted grapefruit but we don't have any) and popcorn with butter salt and brewer's yeast. i wasn't sick like this with my last pg. And I feel just fat and ugly and disgusting.
Lorette
#63 of 83 Old 11-16-2007, 03:34 AM

#64 of 83 Old 11-16-2007, 07:46 AM

We met with the midwife yesterday! It looks like she is very laid back and willing to do whatever it is we want. SO yay! no headache in getting our baby's birth registered come summer!

Nausea is getting worse. I am using seabands now and will be buying some ginger extract today to start taking along witht he milk thistle tea I already do. I am SO determined to NOT Puke this pregnancy!!! I also switched to brown rice protein powder in my shakes instead of whey as they tend to leave me feeling less queasy. Today I will be concentrating on drinking TONS of water! I forgot the past couple days. Bad idea.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#65 of 83 Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Looks like morning sickness has caught up with me -- I'll have waves of it and feel awful all day long and all I want to do is stay in bed. Sure was hoping to iss out on this.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#66 of 83 Old 11-16-2007, 07:47 PM

my son is not feeling well, has a fever and is just really needy today. he wants to nurse alot but my supply has taken a nosedive so he has taken to chewing my nips when the milk stops. :it hurts. god bless DH who came home with takeout without even being asked!!!
#67 of 83 Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's still too early for me so no morning sickness yet, thank goodness.

I haven't even started thinking about midwives yet, I don't know if I want to use the same one as last time or not. She was OK, a little more medically oriented than I would expect a HB midwife to be, she seemed a bit uncomfortable with me declining the GTT. And since DD was 10 lbs (big babies run in my family and DH's family) then I'm not sure if she'll give me grief about declining the GTT again.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#68 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 AM

My husband just told me that one of his cousins is pregnant with twins. That is good news for us - that portion of the family will be completely focused on her pregnancy, so mine, and especially our HBAC plans, will pass under the radar. On the other hand, I am kind of sad, because, given the type of person she is, I just *know* she will end up having an early, probably unnecessary c-section, and will most likely formula feed by choice, sleep-train and do all kinds of super-mainstream things. We won't be able to have any subtle kind of influence since I am persona non grata in that part of my husband's family. Still, at least it will completely take the focus off of us.

According to Fertility Friend, my embyro/fetus (what is it in this stage anyway) is 44 days old. I am not feeling any pregnancy symptoms, other than the mildly sore nipples when my son is nursing. The poor baby is getting very annoyed at the lack of milk; he has been nursing all day today, I think in an attempt to boost my supply. The past month, he had almost stopped nursing during the day, so it was odd to have him nursing every two hours again. I am tired though; I did absolutely nothing today, and it felt great.
#69 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 02:42 AM

Hi all
This is baby #4 for us and we're due around July 13th. I like those calculators that have the length of your cycle, it seems to be a bit more accurate. Anyway, no m/s yet...still early at 6w. My boobs are sore when ds nurses (or plays with them). And I'm super tired but I can't get out of my late night routine. I love my TV shows and I hate to record...no time to catch up.
I think we'll tell everyone on Christmas eve bc we'll all be together... So that brings me to a question. Do you have any ideas for how to tell them? I'd like to be a little creative this time instead of blurting it out.
Congrats all! Nice to be here with you!
#70 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnbnhome View Post
Do you have any ideas for how to tell them? I'd like to be a little creative this time instead of blurting it out.
Congrats all! Nice to be here with you!

Since my mom is coming in town this week for thanksgiving, I figured I'd go ahead and tell her. We do all our christmas exchanges now since we won't see each other for the holiday so I'm going to just make up a little box gift with a note inside about either a surprise coming next July or come meet your 2nd grandchild next july -- haven't figured out the wording just yet.

As for the rest of the family, we won't do any cute announcements, they'll just hear about it as MIL mentions it (cause she'll spread it so fast) -- but we're not telling her until after the new year.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#71 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I think we'll tell everyone on Christmas eve bc we'll all be together... So that brings me to a question. Do you have any ideas for how to tell them? I'd like to be a little creative this time instead of blurting it out.
I'm feeling bloated already so I'm thinking that they might "notice" our news when I walk in the door on Christmas Eve
For everyone who is far away, I'm planning to somehow announce the news in our holiday cards.
#72 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Hi all
This will be our 3rd. My folks are coming in for a visit when I'll be around 10 weeks, so I think we'll tell them then. When I was PG with #2, I was flying to see them (again, toward the end of the first tri) and I made a little tshirt for DS1 that said "I'm Going to Be a Big Brother". It was a hit! Given my tshirt tradition, I think I'll make up tshirts again. For DS1, I'll have a 1 on his chest, a 2 for DS2 and then a 3 for me, on my belly. Not super creative, but a fun way to get the kids in on the action, too!
#73 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi all
This one was a complete surprise, so I know my parents will be shocked. My dad and stepmom will be visiting the first week of December, so I'll tell them then. I'll tell my mom a couple days before my dad gets here. They live on the other side of the country so I think I'm just going to send her some flowers with a note that says something like:

"Bouquet of flowers - $30
Home pregnancy test - $12
Telling your mom that a little surprise is on the way: Priceless."

And then I'll just sit back and wait for the phone call.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#74 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
..."Bouquet of flowers - $30
Telling your mom that a little surprise is on the way: Priceless."...
That is really cute.
#75 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Broke down and called my midwife today to brainstorm ideas about severe morning sickness. And we came up with the official "due date" so that my husband has something to tell his friends .

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#76 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 10:32 PM

hey everyone! i hope those of you feeling icky are doing ok! i was just 6 weeks yesterday and so far, so good. a little peeky but nothing too bad yet. i sometimes wish i would just get sick so dh would help out a little. i don't think he understands what all goes into this, that it's not just puking that gets you down(which i'm not doing, so...).

i'm still not sure when we'll tell family. i'm still not sure when we'll tell the kids! last time they did not take the news well at all. gabriel ran off and hid in his room crying, and beth just got up from the table very calmly and stated, "i'll just eat it"! then they both warmed up to the idea, and were really really sad when we told them it wasn't gonna happen. i hate putting them through all those emotions! i think i'd be a great surprise to tell them at christmas or something, but i don't want to ruin their day! lol (or anyone else's for that matter, if we decide to do that! lol i'm so paranoid about people not wanting us to have more kids!)
#77 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 11:25 PM

Hello everyone!! Still feeling really icky here...but I am only 7 weeks and 2 days so who knows when this will let up!!

I am not sure when I will tell the rest of our family...I have already told my mom and my cousin but everyone else is going to have to wait! I know that my SIL is NOT going to be happy about it, but that is HER problem!

I hope everyone is doing ok...and to all the other mommies who are puking I hope you get some relief soon!!
#78 of 83 Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 PM

Why won't your SIL be happy?

I've had some brown spotting and light cramping all day. It's more annoying than worrisome. I guess I'm of the opinion that if I'm going to miscarry, get on with it. If not, then stop this nonsense spotting business. This is just like my DS's pregnancy. I spotted and cramped the whole first trimester and had no other real symptoms, and well, here he is! DD's pregnancy I had more spotting early on, but after I lost her twin at 6 weeks, I didn't have any more. : Why must I bleed?
#79 of 83 Old 11-18-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnemlv View Post
We met with the midwife yesterday! It looks like she is very laid back and willing to do whatever it is we want. SO yay! no headache in getting our baby's birth registered come summer!
Yay! Yvonne! That makes life so much easier!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#80 of 83 Old 11-18-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:

That's AWESOME!!!!

Sending comforting belly vibes to those who need them & stop the spot vibes, too!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#81 of 83 Old 11-18-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
Why won't your SIL be happy?

I've had some brown spotting and light cramping all day. It's more annoying than worrisome. I guess I'm of the opinion that if I'm going to miscarry, get on with it. If not, then stop this nonsense spotting business. This is just like my DS's pregnancy. I spotted and cramped the whole first trimester and had no other real symptoms, and well, here he is! DD's pregnancy I had more spotting early on, but after I lost her twin at 6 weeks, I didn't have any more. : Why must I bleed?
She doesn't believe I should have anymore children....It's a long story but basically she is just jealous I think.....She is preggo herself due in March and REALLY hoping for a boy so I know this will spark another fit of jealousy from her because she will probably be worried I will have a boy and she won't. I had really severe PPD and PTSD after dd1 was born and she said that I am a hypocrite... back then when i was ill, I will admit that I didn't want my dd but that was the depression.....I was also suicidal....so now she says because I love my kids and I get down on the floor and play with them and enjoy them, that I am a hypocrite. She just can't let it go....nor does she have any concept of what PPD is. She is just a very stupid person. Plus her girls (she has 2) always want to be with me and after they are over for a while they don't want to go home. So I have a feeling she is just jealous....but she doesn't EVER do anything with them,, she just tells them to go away and watch tv. There are a lot of other details, that go into it but it is a LONG story.

Well, that's enough of that!

I am sorry you are still spotting....I can only imagine what that's like. With my nausea being as bad as it has been the last 2 weeks I think at this point thoughts of a loss wouldn't be so bad at this point.
#82 of 83 Old 11-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Wow, gotta love family. That sounds like a messed up story. Yet another reason I'm glad I live thousands of miles from most of my family. I'm sorry you're so sick. I dont' really get sick while pregnant : and if it weren't for the spotting, I'd forget entirely.
#83 of 83 Old 11-18-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:

:

I have no idea how we're going to tell people...esp. at work- I've quit and come back so many times for pregnancies, they're going to be like "not again!!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page