What does round ligament pain feel like? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
elf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you get RLP this early? What does it feel like? Is it one-sided?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM

What number pregnancy is this for you? It gets worse the more you have, I've been told. I didnt' really have it at all with DS, and only a little bit with DD and that was during the last half of pregnancy. It can be one-sided or on both sides, and I'd describe it as a feeling like a pulled muscle. You can tell something is strained in ther and it just aches. So I guess the simple answer to your question is I don't know if you can really feel it this early on, but definitely as time goes on. I've felt a bit crampy in all my pregnancies early on, sometimes on one side, sometimes both, sometimes in the middle, and I was told it's the uterus stretching. Sorry that was long and rambly, but I hope it helped some.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:36 PM

it feels liek there are strings tied to the front of your hip bones , criss crossed across the front of your torso and tied off at your lower rib far on the side.
Every odd movement then reverberates on those lines and is akin to being stretched on a rack - midievil style.

oh please please don't say it gets worse! I'd hate to do that agian!
FTR however i only had really bad RLM with #1. Just slightly with #2.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryknowlicious View Post
it feels liek there are strings tied to the front of your hip bones , criss crossed across the front of your torso and tied off at your lower rib far on the side.
Every odd movement then reverberates on those lines and is akin to being stretched on a rack - midievil style.
Yikes, that scares me! I obviously have not had that kind. DD1 I had hardly any. DD2 I had much more! She liked to hang out super low throughout the pregnancy and I had more aches and pains all around with her. I guess time will tell with this one.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:02 PM

I never thought of achiness as round ligament pain--interesting. What I think of with RLP is the sharp, pulling pains that you get, especially if you roll over or reach for something.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:10 PM

I got them VERY early on...like 4 weeks with dd1 and dd2 and also both of my m/c's. It felt like sharp pains on either side at any given moment. Sometimes it was enough to stop me in my tracks! ....but this time I don't have them AT ALL. I was even a bit worried because I had them with my other 4 pregnancies....but I did have cramping this time which I didn't have with the others so maybe that's what my cramping was from?...who knows but yes I got them early on. HTH
Old 11-18-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchalehm View Post
I never thought of achiness as round ligament pain--interesting. What I think of with RLP is the sharp, pulling pains that you get, especially if you roll over or reach for something.
yeah, I guess I did get it when I sneezed or made some other sudden movement. But it didn't go away if I quit moving, so it still ached.

User Tag List