Squeeeee!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this is going to be my 1st babe in 100% cloth - yesterday, ot that end, I *finally* convinced DH to get on board with cloth.
But only to he poiint where he would stop arguing agianst it, not ot actually being supportive.

Well today he see's me purusing all the BumGenius2.0 sales and asks whats up.
I tell him I;m fixing to buy 1 diiaper with the leftover household $ (so he better keep an eye on the gas tank ).
At first he balks at the $14.95 - untill I remind him of the $4000_ we spent on disposables on our last baby - and we THREW THOSE AWAY.

then he buys 10 BumGenius2.0's.

SCORE!!!!!!!!!! woot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM

Woooo!!!

I bought all used, which is how I convinced DH. Our first 10 diapers were 4 AIOs for $35 (for all of them), and six pockets for $50. That worked for awhile and when DH saw how much better it was (on the wallet, on the babe's butt, and how much better they "felt") we got some prefolds and now we're getting some fitteds

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 PM

That's funny! I actually got the diapers I bought on "black friday" at the cotton babies clearance sale they had. I bought 3 xs AIO and 2 OS and a bunch of $1 "seconds" inserts. I've been buying the fuzzi bunz on clearance too, I have mediums and larges from my son now, so I only need newborns and smalls. I can't wait to start making some! I have tons of fabric just sitting around begging to be sewn with!

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM

It's my first baby but I'd like to cloth diaper. Are there any good webpages/resources so that I can learn about types/brands etc? I must say, I don't know any of the brands/terms that are being used . . .
Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 AM

There's a cloth diaper forum here on MDC, you can ask over there I'm sure they'll be happy to give opinions! You can just search the internet as well for "cloth diaper"; there are lots of CD specific websites, I'm not sure I can name them here but if you do a search a few "biggies" will come up.

I love CDing... I can't wait to CD a newborn!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyelizabeth View Post
It's my first baby but I'd like to cloth diaper. Are there any good webpages/resources so that I can learn about types/brands etc? I must say, I don't know any of the brands/terms that are being used . . .
i've been researching them for 2 years, and it still amkes me :

I highly recomend the Diapering forum here at MDC (althhough it an be a bit overwhelming)
for a quick run down check out diaperjungle . com

the 1st thing I had to do to wrap my brain around it was get it straight - there are many ways to CD, and you can customize the one for you. It;s not like sposies where you buy and use the 1 thing. theres no "one thing" that peopel will tell you to use.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 AM

Isn't it fun to make a convert?
In our house, I was the convert. DH, the environmentalist, wanted to CD from the beginning and I thought he was mad. Then 2 years later, after finding MDC of course, I said "Let's cloth diaper." He knew I'd come around.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
That's funny! I actually got the diapers I bought on "black friday" at the cotton babies clearance sale they had. I bought 3 xs AIO and 2 OS and a bunch of $1 "seconds" inserts. I've been buying the fuzzi bunz on clearance too, I have mediums and larges from my son now, so I only need newborns and smalls. I can't wait to start making some! I have tons of fabric just sitting around begging to be sewn with!
oooh.. I wish I had known about this!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 PM

Awesome!!

I'm trying to convince DH to CD from the very begining, instead of waiting a month or so. (Only because that would mean HE would have to do the washing, instead of me- nursing babe and recovering from birth).
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamimapster View Post
oooh.. I wish I had known about this!

YOu need to get on their mailing email list for specials and updates. I think they actually still have some BG aios left in XS for $10. I know that the babe will only wear them for a matter of weeks, but they are so cute! I bought 3 of them... aside from that we'll we wearing fitteds with covers which can be kind of bulky so I figure the AIOs can be for "dressing up".

But cotton babies often has good sales, I know they are coming out with the 3.0's soon so I'm stalking them for the 2.0's to go on sale...

User Tag List