major anxiety - happy update #19! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
on thursday i have my appointment where they will use the doppler to check for heartbeat - this is the same appointment where, a little over a year ago, i discovered the baby hadn't progressed since 6w2d. i had an u/s this time at 6w1d to check viability and everything was all good.

this time my symptoms have been much more pronounced - as is the the little bump formed in my lower abdomen. however, it's really hard to fight the anxiety and dread i feel about this appointment.

anyone else out there pregnant after loss?
#2 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 PM

We lost our first baby. I was nervous every single day of my pregnancy with my little boy, but everything turned out okay. I promised myself I wouldn't worry so much this time. So far I'm failing miserably.

I hope your appointment goes well and you don't worry too much!
#3 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 12:58 PM

I'm pregnant after 3 losses in a row.

I TOTALLY understand your anxiety.

In fact, I'm keeping myself sane by repeating "Big Happy Baby" to myself when I breathe in, and exhaling "fear and worry" anytime it starts to take over.

Well, that and visits to the Dr. when I can.

Sigh, it isn't easy.

Hugs, and I'm thinking your appointment will go wonderfully.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#4 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 01:06 PM

yep, I've had two lossses this year. I'm at 10 1/2 weeks and hopeing to calm down if I can make it out of the first trimester. Everytime I see someone leave I'm thinking, I'm I next?

But I've tried to be as positive as possible. I'm also pampering myself as much as I can.
You'll see that little heartbeat on Thursday.
#5 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
In fact, I'm keeping myself sane by repeating "Big Happy Baby" to myself when I breathe in, and exhaling "fear and worry" anytime it starts to take over.
That is a great idea!
Yes, I too am pregnant after a loss. In fact, it was a year ago this coming thursday that we found out something was wrong with our baby. We did a 17 week ultrasound to hopefully find out the sex and instead found out our baby had turner's syndrome.

We are very excited about this one, and I know turner's syndrome is a "freak accident" (don't like using the word freak but thats what the lame geneticist told us) and I can't help but be worried. I guess its a part of it, but lets keep our fingers crossed and our hopes up for these little ones right now!

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#6 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM

2 losses here. I m/ced twins in June and I still haven't recovered emotionally. Getting thru this first trimester has been very hard.
#7 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM

I m/c in September. At my 10w u/s (first u/s) the baby only measured 7 weeks and had no hb. So I was on pins and needles for my first u/s this time which the OB did at 7 weeks. We saw a strong and steady hb. Now I just pray all is still going well on 12/21 at my 10w u/s. PAL is a tough and trying journey.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#8 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Anxiety comes with the territory. As much as you try to relax it's so hard to not worry and work yourself up. It sucks! I've had two losses, one at 11 weeks and and my 2nd dd at 40 weeks.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#9 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Sending you lots of hugs and positive energy!

My first appt is Friday, and I'm SOO anxious to hear the heartbeat. I had an early m/c back in August, so it's definitely been playing on my mind.
#10 of 23 Old 12-11-2007, 09:34 PM

I have not had a loss (aside from a VERY early probable m/c right around when my period was due a couple of cycles ago), but I've been diagnosed with PCOS since my first pregnancy and I am a LOT more worried this time as a result. I'm just trying to take things as they come. (Also, we haven't told people yet, aside from my BIL and SIL--we're just being more careful.)
#11 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 03:21 PM

I also had a m/c in Sept and have been full of anxiety too. I have only told 3 people of my pregnancy because I am so nervous. I also chose to see an OB Dr this time (rather than midwife) until I feel more comfortable with this pregnancy because I actually want the ultrasounds and medicalization right now, it is making me feel better, which I still cant believe Im saying even as I type it.
#12 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 PM

I'm here..........this is my third pregnancy since March. I'm 8.5 weeks and saw the heart beat at 7 weeks, but I'm terrified that the baby won't be living when I have my first doppler check in 3 weeks.

It's so hard! Wishing us all peace.

Margie : & DH - Mom to sweet Avery Naoma : Our surprise breech homebirth! :
#13 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittliz View Post
saw the heart beat at 7 weeks, but I'm terrified that the baby won't be living when I have my first doppler check in 3 weeks.
Margie - My next u/s is 12/21 and I will be 10 weeks. I am so scared for this appointment. The hb was great at 7 weeks so my OB claims I need not worry so much but I can't help it.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#14 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

well, my appointment is in the morning - i will be 10w3d.

i'm nervous but just hoping that everything is progressing normally. no matter what i don't think the shock could be at the level it was the last time.

i feel pretty confident this time - oy, just saying that makes me nervous!
#15 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilou View Post
well, my appointment is in the morning - i will be 10w3d.

i'm nervous but just hoping that everything is progressing normally. no matter what i don't think the shock could be at the level it was the last time.

i feel pretty confident this time - oy, just saying that makes me nervous!
Thinking happy, healthy baby thoughts for you .

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#16 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM

This is my first ever pregnancy and we have our first u/s on Friday and I'm pretty nervous too. It can either be a really exciting day or a really crushing one. I hope all is well for you and me!

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#17 of 23 Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaW View Post
This is my first ever pregnancy and we have our first u/s on Friday and I'm pretty nervous too. It can either be a really exciting day or a really crushing one. I hope all is well for you and me!
what we all should remember (even thought it's hard to fight the self-doubt) is that problems are the exception and healthy babies are typically the rule.

statistics are in our favor! maybe that will be my new mantra!
#18 of 23 Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilou View Post
what we all should remember (even thought it's hard to fight the self-doubt) is that problems are the exception and healthy babies are typically the rule.

statistics are in our favor! maybe that will be my new mantra!
Great thoughts! After having a loss it is hard to remember that. Good luck this morning and keep us updated!

#19 of 23 Old 12-13-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

everything is fine! yay!

she couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler - which of course totally freaked me out because that is what happened with my m/c. she pulled out the ultrasound machine and we got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. it was a much welcome sound and seeing baby again was amazing! my prenatal bloodwork was great so I just feel such relief right now!

hopefully everyone else will get to have the same experience. i'm so in love with this person inside me i can't even stand it!
#20 of 23 Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 PM

I have 3 miscarriage in a row than I have DD. When DD was almost 2yo. I have another miscarriage, last February. Now, I'm happily here, with a 8 weeks. I hear a strong HB last Monday. Many people think I'm crazy to keep trying after all, but, I have a too much hope, thats renew with each one . I can wait to past the twelve weeks mark. Good luck for you:

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#21 of 23 Old 12-14-2007, 09:47 AM

That's wonderful news, congratulations!
#22 of 23 Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM

That's great news! Congrats!
#23 of 23 Old 12-14-2007, 12:37 PM

Congratulations and thanks for the positive thinking!

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page