Labor prediction quiz... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hi-jacked this from May, who took it from September.....but I thought it was too cute not to pass along.

Labor Prediction Quiz

Just for fun ladies, not real....

Try this one instead

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#2 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 13 hours long.

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#3 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:24 AM

"I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 5 hours long."

Yeah, well, . The one thing I don't think I'll be is overdue because I don't think I can handle that this time. Guess we'll see.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#4 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 AM

" I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long."

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Gandhi
#5 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

I am getting this message:

The page you requested is unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The page you requested has either been moved or is no longer available at Justmommies.

Bummer......

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#6 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 01:23 PM

I got the same message too. So I typed "labor quiz" into their search box and got the quiz that way.

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#7 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
"Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before your due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 5 hours long."

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#8 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM

"Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long."
#9 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM

You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.2 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
#10 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 02:17 PM

Here's what I got:

Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.

I definitely would prefer to go early rather than late so let's hope this holds true.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#11 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 03:32 PM

Well, mine said exactly what I have always known. Baby will be late, around 7.5 pounds and labor about 4 hours. Since five of my seven births have been late, I am pretty sure I will run late (maybe as late as the first of August). Since five of my seven have been right around 7.5, I am quite sure that is an accurate weight forecast, and since my labor are usually short with my longest being about 6 hours and my shortest just over an hour, I can really see 4 hours. Four of mine had that same time, though I am really looking forward to shorter.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#12 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 11 hours long.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#13 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 PM

I'd like a refund on my free "for entertainment purposes only" quiz. I would like a longer birth this time, please. 2 hours or under is just not long enough to really enjoy labor, IMO.

"Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the afternoon. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.7 pounds and that your labor will be about 2 hours long."

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#14 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:06 PM

It says:

"Get your bags packed early just in case you need them. Make sure your partner has a phone available when he's away because this baby just might come early. We predict your baby will come 2-3 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 14 hours long."

Yeah, yeah. I'd love a 14-hour labor. The only one I had that was THAT short was induced at nearly 2 weeks past the due date. Their predictions are probably going on the fact that after this many kids, I SHOULD have a quick labor... but the last one certainly defied those odds at 105 hours!!

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#15 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSerenity View Post
Yeah, yeah. I'd love a 14-hour labor. The only one I had that was THAT short was induced at nearly 2 weeks past the due date. Their predictions are probably going on the fact that after this many kids, I SHOULD have a quick labor... but the last one certainly defied those odds at 105 hours!!
Sounds like you & I should mix our labor histories together so we can a decent length! Let's see an hour & a half, combined with 105 hours, divided by two... well golly that just means a 54 hour labor for each of us!

My longest labor was my posterior first baby. The others were well positioned (thank you www.spinningbabies.com ) and just kind of shot out rocket style.

#16 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I'd like a refund on my free "for entertainment purposes only" quiz. I would like a longer birth this time, please. 2 hours or under is just not long enough to really enjoy labor, IMO.
Well, I'll trade you for my predicted 5 hour labor! My last labor was 2 hours long and another 2 hour labor would be just fine with me.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#17 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.3 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.
This is actually close to my own predictions. I guessed that I will give right around my due date, labor will about 12 hrs, baby will be born in the morning, etc., but I guessed this baby would be closer to 7lbs.

Mother to two great kids. &
#18 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 8 hours long.
Exactly what I thought. I've even been telling everyone, "The due date is the 18th, but don't expect anything until the 25th!"

Michelle, Christian , sahm, homeschooling , breastfeeding , no vax, blogging , photographer mom with ADD and Social Anxiety Disorder Mom to 4 boys, 3 girls.
#19 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
Well, I'll trade you for my predicted 5 hour labor! My last labor was 2 hours long and another 2 hour labor would be just fine with me.
Oooh, Sonja, that's awesome that you loved your 2-hour labor! Sometimes they just hit you like a train. I did fine with mine, but I missed laboring with my DH. I was just so confused that I couldn't figure out what was going on & then suddenly my body started pushing!

I'll totally take your trade from 2 hours to 5 for you. Let's shake on it, or do we need a contact?

#20 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Sometimes they just hit you like a train. I did fine with mine, but I missed laboring with my DH. I was just so confused that I couldn't figure out what was going on & then suddenly my body started pushing!
Yeah, that was me with #2. 1 hour 40 mins. My husband and the midwife barely made it home in time. I was jumping around like a freak figuring there was no way I could do this for X more hours, and then I suddenly started pushing and that was it. So fast.
My third was perfect. Water broke. 3 hours of relaxing. Slow easy contractions for a few hours, then the last hour picked up and pushing hurt but was brief. Just right. I even got some laundry folded. I'll take another one of those.

#21 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM

No way is mine right. I'm ALWAYS late - like 5 - 7 days or more!

You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the afternoon. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#22 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Here's mine:

Quote:
I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the evening. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 7 hours long.
But, it didn't take a few things in to account...I was 7lbs at birth, and 20 days early...but I'm a twin and the quiz doesn't take that into consideration. All my singleton siblings were born at 42-43 weeks and weighed between 9lbs8oz and 12lbs3oz.

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#23 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM

The more of us who do this, the more the results are the same.

"I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 6.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long."

Ekblad--double check that you put in the arrival of previous babies correctly. I accidentally entered 7-10 days early--misreading early for late and got the "1-2- weeks early" message. When I corrected it to "my previous was past due" it sounds curiously like my last labor other than predicting half as long in labor.
#24 of 39 Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 PM

I didn't know anything about my husband's birth and he's not home yet (actually I just heard his car but I'm too lazy to do the quiz again!) but I got...

"You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 8.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 14 hours long."
#25 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 AM

This quiz was cute. It said this one will be just about the same as DD, except with a 12 hr labor instead of 30!!

I remember taking one when I was pg with DD and it asked all kinds of random questions like what was the last animal you saw, etc. I'll have to try and dig it up!

Linzie~~wife to Eli 10.1.06, mama to Summer 5.06 and John 7.08
#26 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 09:39 AM

"You won't need to try any secret recipes to bring on labor. Have your emergency numbers ready. Don't wait until the last minute to get your nursery ready. We predict your baby will come 1-2 weeks early. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.0 pounds and that your labor will be about 8 hours long."

Even though I, myself, was like a 46 week baby.. and my DH also went over 40 weeks. Both our kids have popped out exactly at 38 w 6 d. I have to say though, i'm hoping for a slightly shorter labor than 8 hours.. 4-5 sounds good.

"The day you deliver, outside will be hazy. Your baby will arrive in the early evening.
After a labor lasting approximately 7 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 6 pounds, 5 ounces, and will be 22 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and some blond hair.
"

LOL, if I give birth to such a tiny baby, i will be a bit concerned.. unless it's a twin!

ETA: I just realized it said baby will have dark brown eyes... nooo genetic possibility of that happening! DH is blue and I've two blue recessives as well, but green eyes. tee hee.. i'd LOVE a brown eyed baby though.. *melt*

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#27 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Just about the time you think you can't handle hearing one more "when is that baby going to pop?", your baby will decide to make it's appearance. We predict your baby will be born 3-7 days before your due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 16 hours long.
Well, considering that both my kids were born exactly 5 days prior to their due date, and within 1/10th of an ounce of each other, that part's no surprise.

16 hour labor? Sounds quite manageable (#1 was 55, #2 19) - though I couldn't have imagined saying that prior to having kids!
#28 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
" I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 9.5 pounds and that your labor will be about 9 hours long."

I got the same one only they said 8.5 pds. bleh...all they did was an average of the last two!!

Jennie: Working mother to 3 and loving wife to my hubby for over 12 years
Emily 10 Taylor 8 Logan 6
#29 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 PM

I know you were hoping we weren't going to say this, but don't expect this baby to come early. Your baby is nice and comfy tucked away in your womb and has no interest in joining the rest of the world. We predict your baby will be born after its due date. Your baby will most likely be born in the morning. Justmommies predicts that your baby will weigh approximately 7.8 pounds and that your labor will be about 12 hours long.

Linzie, is this the one you're thinking of?
#30 of 39 Old 01-10-2008, 05:17 PM

The only thing I can say for the first quiz is that at least it doesn't predict c-sections for those of us who have had one already. I also got the "I know you were hoping weren't going to say this..." answer, but with a 7.5 pound birth weight prediction (which is what both my husband and I weighed at birth, as opposed to our almost 9 pound son).

njbeachgirl, the link you posted was more fun. This is what it told me: "What she senses for you... The day you deliver, outside will be windy. Your baby will arrive at night. After a labor lasting approximately 6 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 10 pounds, 9 ounces, and will be 21-1/2 inches long. This child will have dark brown eyes and be completely bald. ..."

Doubt it on the baby being bald, and I really hope not on the over 10 pounds weight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page