It's hypno time! (I started the CDs) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 67 Old 05-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbeachgirl View Post
Question- how much is everyone involving their birth partner in their hypnosis?

I am going to teach DH about the cues and have him listen to some of the stuff once but he'e not that interested and frankly that's ok with me, because i'm a very introverted, leave-me-alone type of birther. I haven't had him read me any scripts, figuring the CDs/affirmations/visualizing I do everyday are enough!

Am I setting myself up for the program not to work if I don't involve him more?
I hope not, because I could have written this exactly.
#62 of 67 Old 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM

My dh isn't involved. His job is to simply be there at the birth. He rubs my back and gives me drinks and such, but doesn't do anything with the hypnosis. That's what my doula is for. He gets overwhelmed and doesn't like the pressure of being my primary labor support.

Homeschooling Mom of 5 dds reading.gif

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#63 of 67 Old 05-17-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I know HypnoBabies says not to sleep during them, but honestly, I think they're the only program that says that. When you fall asleep you're brain is still doing the hypnosis part. You're still "recording". Hypnosis still works perfectly.
I'm doing hypnobabies-- still on the first week.
I'm glad you said this Spark-- because it bothers me that hb says not to do it at night because you might fall asleep. I just think that's so unrealistic for a mom of other kids. If you have other kids there is no way you can find 30 uninterrupted minutes during the day-- so if I want to do it I have no choice but to do it at night!
I guess hb assumes you don't have any other kids?!?!?!

Lorette
#64 of 67 Old 05-17-2008, 11:02 AM

I usually listen to the HB cd's when I lie down with my son for his morning nap and so far every time I have fallen asleep. I really hope my mind will recall what it has heard while I sleep, as I simply cannot stay awake when I listen to the cd's - this at 11am

I plan to listen to them once through while doing something else, just to at least hear what they are all about

ANNIE - Crunchy WAHM to 2 boys & baby girl born 12July08 ~From contentment with little comes happiness â African Proverb
#65 of 67 Old 05-17-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
I'm doing hypnobabies-- still on the first week.
I'm glad you said this Spark-- because it bothers me that hb says not to do it at night because you might fall asleep. I just think that's so unrealistic for a mom of other kids. If you have other kids there is no way you can find 30 uninterrupted minutes during the day-- so if I want to do it I have no choice but to do it at night!
I guess hb assumes you don't have any other kids?!?!?!

Lorette
I've already mentioned this on this thread, but it is perfectly fine to sleep through your Hypnobabies CDs. I'm a Hypnobabies instructor and mother of four. Really, any time you have available is fine. I think Kerry says to listen at a time when you won't fall asleep because moms who do fall asleep tend to freak out that they are sleeping.

I typically listen at bedtime. Sometimes I'll listen during my baby's nap. Lately I've been listening after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I've been having issues with restless legs when I'm first going to bed which resolves after I sleep for a bit so I'm more comfortable toward the middle of the night and better able to relax and enjoy my CD.

Homeschooling Mom of 5 dds reading.gif

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#66 of 67 Old 05-18-2008, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritaserum View Post
Lately I've been listening after going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Ahhh, yes. Usually when I get up to pee, I stare at my iPod and wonder... did I turn that on before bed? And, so I end up listening to it. I have no clue most nights if I'm listening for the 1st time or the 17th time. I guess I'm glad I don't have to pee too much during the night!

Hope your restless legs calm down a bit for you, V!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#67 of 67 Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 AM

I'm on my fifth week of Hypnobabies this week. I really, really like it. I was having some problems with anxiety, and now I know I can just go, listen to the CD and get a "clean slate" for the day. I do feel it works better for me if I don't fall asleep during the "active" CDs, though. really like using them during my long bus commute to the midwives' office. Plus it lowers my blood pressure.

I got the "birth partner be confident" CD for my DH, but it's up to him whatever he wants to do (he has it in his ipod). I'm not having a doula either, and it'll be my first birth, so maybe I'm a little overconfident, but I think it'll be just fine. Plus, I don't think I'm the type of person who wants to be listening to mini scripts from her DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page