It's hypno time! (I started the CDs) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ahhh, I started my hypno for childbirth CDs last night. Ahhh. It feels so good to begin this. I need to remember to do it again before bed tonight. Always seems like it takes me a good week to get into the nightly routine of doing the CDs, but ahhhh the payoff at birth & the benefits of during pregnancy are SO SO SO worth the great effort of daily hypno CDs. The main key with hypnosis is to do the CDs daily without waver.

Anyone else started? How's it going for you? What program are you doing? Finding any roadblocks to do a CD daily?

If you haven't started, but plan to, when will you begin? It's never too early. (I started at 20 weeks last time) It's just about whether or not you can commit to daily CDs from here to birth.

Tell us briefly about any previous hypnosis births you've had! What do you attribute your success with hypno to? Or did it fail horribly for you? How so?

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#2 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 06:41 PM

what Cd's are you using?

S Momma to:8:5:4:1.5 and: May 29 2010 loving wife to C:
:::: ::: formally mom_2_3_girls
#3 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 PM

I bought 2 books online (should be here next week) but I wonder in I should have ordered CDs instead.
#4 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 07:58 PM

I can't find my CDs!!!! I had them on the table next to my bed and now they are gone! I found the player, no cds... argh!

I need to be listening to mine, I'm all stressed out lately, lol.

I have the hypnobabies home course, btw
#5 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yep, I've started my Hypnobabies! I lost my CDs and workbook, though. The downside to being a military family, we've moved several times since I bought them when pregnant with DS and they've been lost.

I still have the tracks in my iTunes (I always listen to them with my iPod at night and in labor), but I'm not sure I have them in the right order.

Spark, are you doing Hypnobabies?

eta: This is my 3rd Hypnobabies birth. Sometimes if DD will nap in the afternoon, I'll listen to a track then. 3.5 year old DS likes listening to "the song with words about babies" and if he's in the room, they immediately put him to sleep! He hasn't napped since he turned 2, so that's a nice break for me.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#6 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom_2_3_girls View Post
what Cd's are you using?
They're all basically the same program (all based on the exact same hypnosis studies from the 1930/1940's). I like the multiple CD programs best like hypbirth or hypnobabies or easybirthing. The program I'm using is Imagery Birthing, but their website is having problems right now & I don't think the order form works -- that bites, because it's one of the most affordable & you get SO much with it. I really love the program. I like the hypnotists' voice, the music, the set up.

EDITED to Add: The program I like better than HypnoBirthing & HypnoBabies (keep in mind though, I didn't do the full HypnoBabies course, I gave it up, so I'm not the best source here!) for me is Imagery Birthing. It's $40 for the complete course (And $10 for the quick course... but do the $40 unless you're due next week!). And, it was just what I wanted - CDs that I listen to one each day for a week & then move onto the next CD. Then, do whatever order I want after I've cycled through them all. Imagery Birthing is having site problems though, so you would have to call if you want them. Here's the site www.imagerybirthing.com for information and the phone number is 440-801-1922.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinespurlock View Post
I bought 2 books online (should be here next week) but I wonder in I should have ordered CDs instead.
The books are nice for information, but then how are you going to practice hypnosis one time a day? You could record your own voice doing several of the scripts. Or have your partner read you scripts once a day. If the CDs aren't much more, I'd go for them for sure. It can be challenging enough for folks to do hypnosis daily without the roadblock of getting someone to relax with you & read to you.

What books did you get? Most do come with CDs. I wonder if yours will when they arrive.

#7 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnaRose View Post
I can't find my CDs!!!! I had them on the table next to my bed and now they are gone! I found the player, no cds... argh!

I need to be listening to mine, I'm all stressed out lately, lol.

I have the hypnobabies home course, btw
Arg! That is SO frustrating! I hope you find them. They really so help with stress during pregnancy, don't they? I really need the zen they help me achieve. Sending lost being found vibes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sonja View Post
I still have the tracks in my iTunes (I always listen to them with my iPod at night and in labor), but I'm not sure I have them in the right order.
I don't think the order matters, too much, do you? I just try to do the same CD for a week & then change CDs (or tracks... mine are on iTunes, too... my copies were lent out to a MDC mama that had her baby & never remembered to return them to me). Someone else with HypnoBabies could probably tell you the order though.

Quote:
eta: This is my 3rd Hypnobabies birth. Sometimes if DD will nap in the afternoon, I'll listen to a track then. 3.5 year old DS likes listening to "the song with words about babies" and if he's in the room, they immediately put him to sleep! He hasn't napped since he turned 2, so that's a nice break for me.
That's so funny about your 3.5 year old son. I bet he'll be a great birther someday! IMO, Hypnosis just works SO well for childbirth (when practiced daily) that once you experience it, you never want to birth without hypno!

I edited my OP to include mention of if you'd done hypno for childbirth before.

#8 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=Red Sonja;10884148]

Hey, could some one who has them on i tunes e-mail/pm me with a copy if you dont mind. I would love to do hypno babys but funds will not premit.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#9 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, so this will be my 4th Hypnosis Childbirth. With my first I took HypnoBirthing from a really wonderful childbirth educator. I liked the information, but felt the one hypno CD, one affirmation CD was too limiting. I got SO bored listening to that thing over & over again, but I did it daily. My birth was wonderful despite posterior, compound presentation baby with 18 hour labor. The last hour of birth WAS painful however, but not bad enough that I wanted to transport to the hospital.

*I did www.spinningbabies.com to encourage good positioning for future pregnancies & it paid off big time!*

2nd baby - I did Imagery Birthing. 4 1/2 hours, no pain. Great positioning.
3rd baby - I did Imagery Birthing. 1 hour, 40 minute labor, no pain, but it was so fast, I wasn't really sure what was happening. Great positioning.

#10 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post
Hey, could some one who has them on i tunes e-mail/pm me with a copy if you dont mind. I would love to do hypno babys but funds will not premit.
I have no idea how to e-mail something like that. Luddite much?

#11 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:39 PM

My first birth was 9 hours from AROM to babe in arms, hospital birth with CNM. (Long story short - 6 cm dilated, completely effaced, facing a hurricane evacuation, didn't want a roadside UC with 7 cats yowling in the back of the car while stuck in evacuation traffic so agreed to AROM.) DS was posterior for most of labor and wouldn't descend, eventually turned over thanks to some good positioning from Spinning Babies. Then my active labor started and DS was born about 3 hours later.

#2: My cats woke me up, I was laboring in my sleep and they watched me and then woke me up, all lined up down my bedside. Maybe 45 minutes to an hour later (in the birth tub in the family room by then) hit transition. ~7 minutes of pushing, midwife barely made it to my house in time, DD was in my arms just over 2 hours after my cat woke me up.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#12 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
DD was in my arms just over 2 hours after my cat woke me up.
That's so cool that your cats woke you up! Okay, so with a labor just over 2 hours, are you like me wondering what the next one could have in store? I mean, I realize, it could be 18 hours... but then there's the chance it could be shorter than the last. I really like birthing, sometimes those fast labors just go by too fast!

Oh, and GOOOO www.spinningbabies.com I am so thankful that site exists for encouraging LOA positioning!

#13 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 PM

I am wondering if this one will be short too, actually that would make me really happy! I live a bit farther away from my midwife than I did last time, too. I don't really know I'm in labor until I'm in transition (and last time was questioning it until DD crowned!) so DH and I are fine with the midwife not making it in time.

Yes, Spinning Babies was great! I spent 6 weeks on bedrest with DS due to preterm labor and I know that contributed to him being posterior. Nothing to do except for both of us to lay around on our backs.

chicken3.gif

#14 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I have no idea how to e-mail something like that. Luddite much?
Never mind TT DH and he said they would be to big to e-mail, that the only way to do it would be to burn CD's then mail them and then I could add them to my I tunes.

(So I will put this out there even thought I doubt it will work out)so if anyone is part of the birth bead swap and has not yet mailed there beads ( I am the organizer), has them( the CD's) on there computer or can burn cd's and put them in the envelop with there beads. i would be forever in your debt.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#15 of 67 Old 03-29-2008, 10:54 PM

I'm doing hypnobabies. I love it. I am having a hard time getting in the groove of doing it everyday, but I am getting a lot better. I also do the practicing hypnosis for 30 sec-2 min a bunch of times a day like they tell you to. And I always listen to my pregnancy affirmations in the car!

I am going to have an easier, shorter, more comfortable birthing this time. I fully believe it and not just because the hypnobabies lady told me to. Last time was long and difficult because I really think I set up mental roadblocks for myself! The mind controls the body. I just so believe my body is meant to birth.

This is my second birth, first homebirth and first birth using hypnosis! I am so excited to birth MY way.
#16 of 67 Old 03-30-2008, 12:03 AM

I really wish I could afford to get some CD's or a home study course or something

I have a hypnobirthing book that came with a CD with one relaxation track, but I'm not sure how much good that's going to do... the book kept mentioning "Your instructor will give you ___" and "On the CD's your instructor has, ____".
#17 of 67 Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 AM

I started HypnoBabies a couple weeks ago. I like it and it's definitely relaxing (I don't think I haven't fallen asleep at least once during each cd!) and it takes a lot of time and dedication.

Fortunately, I can listen to the affirmations each morning on the tube to work, but finding the time to be at home, in a "fully supported position, without disruption" for 35 minutes a day is not always easy! I typically take 1 night a week off.

I'm also feeling a little like I'm not quite doing it right. This week's lesson has been eyes open childbirth hypnosis and creating anesthesia. I know you're not suppose to judge yourself; I just hope I'm making progress towards establishing the skills I'll need during my birthing time.

It's really encouraging to hear from people who have used it that it really pays off during birthing time!

Anyone who is looking to buy it for a little cheaper might look on Ebay or craigslist. I bought mine through the hynobabies website; I'm not patient enough for Ebay.

Keep the positive hypnobirth stories coming!!

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#18 of 67 Old 03-30-2008, 09:27 AM

I haven't tried this yet, but a mama on diaperswappers told me about a used program they have.
Quote:
You can call (714) 952-BABY (2229) and talk to Kerry Tuschhoff (she's the owner/founder of hypnobabies), and be put on a wait list. When we are done with our courses, she encourages us to sell back our materials, so that she can sell them to mommas that can't afford the full price.
Maybe it will help someone.
I'm really excited to try hypnobabies this time. Keep the stories coming!!

Heather, DW to Clyf: & ::: Mama to Bridget: 3/22/05 CP: & Braden:7/12/08 Retired EPer-27mos:
#19 of 67 Old 03-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Mizmerricat is right. It looks like Hypnobabies may buy back a full set of program materials which would allow for some recuperation of the investment. I just found this posted in the Yahoo Hypnobirthing group:

If you have a financial need for a used Hypnobabies Home Study Course, you
may qualify to buy one of our used Hypnobabies Home Study Courses. We will sell
the courses at exactly what we paid for them, $75.00 – $85.00, and you will be
asked to pay for the shipping charges. Please *call* our office at (714)
898-2229 (do not e-mail). Please be aware that this program is only for those
with a specific financial need and not for everyone. We would like to ask that
those who can afford to buy a new Hypnobabies Home Study Course please do so, to
ensure that moms who truly need this program can benefit from it.

Good luck!

mom to DD and one on the way, wife since 1997 to a great guy

#20 of 67 Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyOrganique View Post
I started HypnoBabies a couple weeks ago. I like it and it's definitely relaxing (I don't think I haven't fallen asleep at least once during each cd!) and it takes a lot of time and dedication.
For the record, I don't think I've EVER made it through an entire CD without falling asleep. I usually put the CD on as I lay in bed for the night & just drift off to sleep. The program I use has wording something like, "If it's time for you to go to sleep now, then gently transition into sleep awaking when you're supposed to feeling refreshed and rejuvenated..." And then goes through taking the non-sleep needing person out of hypnosis. (One of the reasons I didn't like Mongan's HypnoBirthing is because she doesn't give the "go to sleep" option at the end of her CD, instead she takes you out of hypnosis refreshed and awake... I'd be happily "sleeping" and then like clockwork she'd wake me up at the end when I wanted to go to sleep... but I'd be wired.)

I know HypnoBabies says not to sleep during them, but honestly, I think they're the only program that says that. When you fall asleep you're brain is still doing the hypnosis part. You're still "recording". Hypnosis still works perfectly.

#21 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 02:49 PM

I just traded someone a baby carrier for a set of cds/books. Can't wait to get them!
#22 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, rockstar, that's so cool!

#23 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM

Okay, I really want to start. I'm stressed that I haven't started already!

I did some reading awhile back and figured I'd go with the Hypnobabies method, but I'm a bit stymied about what to order. I guess I should get the home-study course? Which includes text & CDs?

The long list of other CDs available are scripts for specific scenarios, right? But there's like a "basic" CD or set of CDs that you are supposed to start, and that's the home-study course?
#24 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:12 PM

Anyone else started? How's it going for you? What program are you doing? Finding any roadblocks to do a CD daily?

I'm doing Hypnobabies. I've been listening to Special Place and Painless Childbirth for now. I'm going to start the full program in the next week or so (I need to get dh to re-setup my iTunes so I can put them on my iPod).

Tell us briefly about any previous hypnosis births you've had! What do you attribute your success with hypno to? Or did it fail horribly for you? How so?

This will be my fourth hypnosis birth. With my first one I took HypnoBirthing, felt lost about how to do it and got totally bored with the Rainbow Relaxation, so I ordered Hypnobabies. I used Hypnobabies for my practice, which I did daily from 28 weeks. I had a 5 hour, painless birth, which was just what I wanted!

With my third baby I had complications, so it was not painfree. However, I still think it was a successful hypnosis birth because my hypnosis skills allowed me to stay calm and focused despite the unexpected and undesirable turn in events. I also knew immediately that something wasn't right when pain entered the picture.

With my fourth baby I had a longer birth (24 all together, 14 or so active), which I think was due to a number of things including trepidation over a repeat of birth #3. I was perfectly comfortable and even slept during transition (which lasted 6 or 7 hours). I pushed for one minute, had no tearing, had no discomfort whatsoever when she was coming, and felt absolutely fantastic post-partum. I had NONE of the dreaded "multipara afterpains", just mild cramping for about a day. My bleeding stopped by a week and a half post-partum. I know that in one of the Hypnobabies scripts it talks about this specifically and I'm glad I chose to accept that suggestion!

I certified in and taught HypnoBirthing for two years and have taught Hypnobabies since 2006 so I'm going to go back through this thread to answer questions.

Homeschooling Mom of 5 dds reading.gif

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#25 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
They're all basically the same program (all based on the exact same hypnosis studies from the 1930/1940's). I like the multiple CD programs best like hypbirth or hypnobabies or easybirthing.
I'd just like to point out that each program is DIFFERENT and it's really misleading to say they're all the same.... There are similarities between them (they are all hypnosis), but unless you've actually used every program out there and they all have the same scripts and the same structure and the same information you really can't fairly say they are all the same. They'd all be infringing on copyrights, too.

I think it's a great idea to look at all of your options and choose the one that you feel will be the best fit for your needs. But please realize that they are NOT all the same (which is a good thing since variety allows for more choice).

I'm intimately familiar with HypnoBirthing (Mongan) and Hypnobabies since I've certified and taught both. There are sooooooo many differences. Those differences are why I switched to teaching Hypnobabies.

Quote:
The books are nice for information, but then how are you going to practice hypnosis one time a day? You could record your own voice doing several of the scripts. Or have your partner read you scripts once a day. If the CDs aren't much more, I'd go for them for sure. It can be challenging enough for folks to do hypnosis daily without the roadblock of getting someone to relax with you & read to you.
I totally agree. If you want to learn hypnosis at home, you're really best off getting a full home study course such as Hypnobabies, HypBirth, Imagery Birthing, etc. The Mongan book/cd isn't a stand alone course. It's cerertainly going to be better than nothing, but if you can get one of the others you're more likely to get a comfortable birth using hypnosis.

Planning my fifth natural birth using Hypnobabies for baby boy coming in June 2012! nocirc.gif

#26 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyOrganique View Post
I'm also feeling a little like I'm not quite doing it right. This week's lesson has been eyes open childbirth hypnosis and creating anesthesia. I know you're not suppose to judge yourself; I just hope I'm making progress towards establishing the skills I'll need during my birthing time.
Hi! I'm a Hypnobabies instructor and fellow July mama. Is there something more specific you're wondering about your experience? I will tell you that many women don't feel any different when they're practicing yet the anesthesia is there for them during their birthing. The key is to keep practicing because each time you use a technique, the more powerful it becomes for you and the easier it is for you to use.

#27 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC View Post
I did some reading awhile back and figured I'd go with the Hypnobabies method, but I'm a bit stymied about what to order. I guess I should get the home-study course? Which includes text & CDs?

The long list of other CDs available are scripts for specific scenarios, right? But there's like a "basic" CD or set of CDs that you are supposed to start, and that's the home-study course?
The home study course is what you need. The other CDs are for specfic scenarios (pre-term labor, breech baby, insominia, etc.). I highly recommend Visualize Your Birth and Peaceful Sleep.

#28 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
The order is important as most of the scripts are progressive, building on previous skills learned in earlier scripts.

Here's the order:
  1. Pregnancy Affirmations (daily)
  2. Special Place
  3. Painless Childbirth
  4. Deepening (alternating every other day with your script of the week, starting with Learning Self-Hypnosis)
  5. Learning Self-Hypnosis
  6. Creating Anesthesia
  7. Hypnotic Childbirth #1
  8. Hypnotic Childbirth #2
  9. Visualize Your Birth (if you have it)
  10. Fear Clearing
  11. Birthing Day Affirmations (after 37 weeks or during your birthing time)
  12. Birth Guide Easy First Stage (after 37 weeks or during your birthing time)
  13. Birth Guide Pushing (during pushing)

Once you enter "maintenance", each week you'll cycle through Special Place, Painless Childbirth, Deepening, Hypnotic Childbirth #1, Hypnotic Childbirth #2, Visualize Your Birth, and Fear Clearing.

#29 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post
I encourage you to call Hypnobabies and see if they can work something out with you. 714-952-2229. I really don't suggest anyone copy and, er, gift copyrighted CDs. Also, you REALLY need to have the workbook and instructions to be successful with the program. Financial concerns and concerns about people doing incomplete versions of the program and experiencing lesser results are why Kerry started the Used Home Study Program. She's not in this to get rich (nobody in the natural birth business is ), but she has put a lot of work into this program and I think it's fair that she be paid for that work.

#30 of 67 Old 03-31-2008, 07:45 PM

Oh, and if any of you want to read more hypnosis birth stories there are over 150 here:

http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.c...th_stories.htm

Excellent reading!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page