Need full-term baby vibes UPDATE #87 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM

I am so sorry things have turned out like this for you. We'll be thinking about you.

Jessie

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:58 PM

OH! I am so sorry! You are in my thoughts....I am so sorry things have turned out the way they have. Please know we are all thinking of you.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:22 PM

I'm so sorry.

May the children love spending time with their dad, and may the little one inside you grow stronger yet!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM

We're all here for you.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM

I'll be thinking about you. I'm so sorry things are going this way for you.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:57 PM

more love...more life...more strength, Jah bless.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 PM

Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 PM

Quarter -
I just logged in for the first time in a few days and saw this thread. I am so sorry that you going through all of this. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that you find peace with whatever comes next. Hugs!!

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 PM

Oh, I could just ball my eyes out! I started to tear up when I read you said goodbye. I know I too would have a very hard time with that. You will certainly be on my mind. May this little one grow strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I know you want to be the mom you usually are to your son & daughter NOW, but remember, this is just one small sliver of life in exchange for a lifetime with a sibling who will comfort them after you've lived a full long life. This is a matter of counting down weeks in exchange for a lifetime of love.
I love this! I try to remind myself of this constantly when the guilt creeps up on me for not being able to give my all to my family right now. What a gift this little person is to all of us!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:10 PM

I am sorry quarter.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You'll be in my thoughts.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 AM

thinking of you
Old 04-01-2008, 12:15 AM

awe crap. So sorry it's playing out like this Quarter. I will hold you, your baby & your fmaily in my heart
Old 04-01-2008, 03:50 PM
SFB

Thinking of you.

Sandra.  Married to Scott since 9-00.  Mom to Erika 7-06, Ava 8-08 and Lukas 10-10.  hbac.gif novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif femalesling.GIF winner.jpg familybed1.gif
Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Hang in there mama... and baby, too. Sending lots of hugs and peace your way.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM

quarter just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:59 AM

You are so in my thoughts.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Just wondering if anyone is in touch with quarter IRL and might know how things are working out. Worried about her...she's had such a rough road with this pregnancy. No pressure on her for a post - just thought I'd check if anyone had news.

Thinking about you and your family Quarter!! Hugs.

A & A treehugger.gif (09-02), DS - Rain Wildcoolshine.gif (09-05) , DD - Noa Sage goldfish.gif (06-08) & DS - Silas Blaze heartbeat.gif (02-11)   homebirth.jpg  winner.jpg
Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM

Thinking of you.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM

Does anybody have a way to get ahold of her and check on her? Any real life people to update us? Ive been thinking of her.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:10 PM

My guess is that since we haven't heard anything, she is in the hospital and can't let us know, but I sure do wish we could get an update.

quarter--please, please check in!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM

yep, I remember her saying that she would not be able to update until she got home. I hope she and baby are well.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:41 PM

I wish we knew, too. But, I think all we can do is focus on sending her love, health & peace wishes.

Maybe she'll get an internet connection & come chat sometime!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM

I hope the lack of news is good.. You know how they say no news is good news.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Believe me, it was driving me nuts being away.

First of all, thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts. I was glad to know so many were thinking of us. And now I guess nothing remains but to update. It seems like an eternity and a lifetime has passed since I was here last, and I am changed for the experience. I checked into the hospital Monday night, and the bleeding increased from there. But as usual, no one knew why. I was on bedrest, with bathroom priveleges, I had daily u/s, which showed a breech baby measuring in the 15% percentile, and so the conclusion was drawn that the bleeding was indeed placental in origin, and that the baby wasn't getting optimal nutrition because of it. I was put on IV antibiotics for the rupture, and very few people thought I would last a week. Almost daily I had to convince someone of the accuracy of my due dates, because, you know, I didn't rush out and have an u/s at 6 weeks, and no one can possibly know when they ovulated. I did eventually convince one resident, who then fought the battle for me. I told him what my chart had looked like that month and he believed me. But as the days went on, I got more hopeful that I might just make it awhile yet. My mom flew in Thursday, and it was such a relief to know DS and DD had grandma to take care of them. I now wonder if that's what my body was waiting for. I went into labor about 3 hours after she arrived. No matter how much good water I drank, what position I tried, the contractions kept coming. I had a biophysical profile done in the middle of the night, 8/10, losing 2 because of the lack of fluid. They pumped 2 liters of IV fluid into me, hoping to rehydrate me, even though I knew I wasn't dehydrated. Every time I went to the bathroom during that time, I noticed more and more blood, and at one point saw what was unmistakably the mucous plug. I was given a sleeping pill, in case that helped, and it didn't. Finally, I had my cervix checked and was 2-3 cm. The attending doc said I was looking at a c-section. The baby was breech, and the bleeding was so heavy, she was sure I was heading for full abruption. She was very understanding and apologetic about not being able to turn the baby, or allow for vaginal delivery, but she said either one would bruise the baby and likely speed the abruption. I called dh, who by this time was at work, and he came immediately, and I was prepped for surgery. Then a new doc came on shift, one I had already run into and not gotten along with at all. He told me we would likely need to do a classical incision, because of how far along I was, the lower uterus wasn't stretched out enough. I asked what happened to the other doc, and he said she went home. I was totally in distress that this man I didn't trust was going to do my surgery, and I asked to speak with the other doctor. They caught her before she left, and I was honest with them, that I needed to be able to trust the person who held my and my baby's life in his hands, and the planned doctor was not that person. So my first doc agreed to stay on and assist. And away we went, into the OR. I got spinal anesthesia, because, despite all the grief and stress, I have one strong little baby, who didn't show signs of distress at all. I sobbed all the way through the surgery, which start to finish took about and hour. When they pulled the placenta out, they found a clot behind it almost the same size as the placenta. And yet it never showed up on u/s, but that's obviously why I had been bleeding for the previous month.
At one point I looked at DH and said "I failed." He told me not to talk like that, but that's how I felt. I had failed to have a peaceful pregnancy and birth my baby deserved, who had been subjected to weeks worth of a stressed uterine environment, and was now facing months in the NICU. And with a classical incision, if this isn't our last baby, no one will support a VBAC for me. Before I get too ahead of myself, the stats of the baby are:
born at 26 weeks 4 days Friday April 4 9:09 a.m, weighing 1 pound 10 ounces. There is some genital ambiguity, unrelated to prematurity, and at first it was announced we had a girl. Since then it seems apparent that we have a boy with severe hypospadias (sp?) but the hospital will wait until the chromosomal and hormone tests come back at the end of next week before officially declaring one way or another. Overall, "baby Q" is doing awesome. He came out screaming, and has been off the ventilator for 2 days now. He isn't tolerating feeds yet, but that's pretty common. He's a feisty as he was in the womb, and likes to pull his gastric tube out. Right now he is under bili lights and in an electrolyte controlled environment, so we can't hold him just yet, although just last night the NICU nurse let me hold him while she changed his bedding, but I shouldn't count on that happening too often. Right next to him in the NICU is another baby who was born at 27 weeks 2 months ago and now just looks like a small newborn. That kid is my inspiration, that this will turn out alright.
I'm in the hospital until tomorrow morning. DH went out and bought me a laptop when we thought I'd be here for weeks on end (he is so good to me) but he didn't get the internet working on it until just today. I thought about asking him to update here, but the last week has been hell on earth for us. He has been so stressed being a single parent I didn't want to ask anything more of him. But I'll be home tomorrow, which even though it will be without my baby, I still think it will be better for our family overall. We'll come back often, especially when my milk comes in.
Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming. As well as Quinn is doing, he still has a long road ahead of him. I'll post a picture when I get home, so those of you in the 26/27 week range can get an idea of what your babies look like. And then I guess I'll join the premie parenting board. Oh, here's an irony. I had a miscarriage last summer, but I was briefly part of the April DDC. My due date would have been today. I miscarried at 6 weeks, had a really long cycle and then got pregnant this time. I wonder if some aspect of this child has been with me for 9 months afterall. I believe it's possible.
Well, that's as much as I can handle for now. Good luck, July mamas. I'll check on you now and then, but I feel like I don't really belong here anymore. I hope the best births and happy healthy full-term babies for all of you.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:09 PM

mama! Keep growing Baby Quinn. You didn't fail, don't think like that!

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 04-06-2008, 08:12 PM

Wowers.. No time to read it all right now but Ill be back. Aybra was also 26w and 4d
Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM

oh goodness, thanks for the update, we've been thinking about you!

Big hugs to baby Q, what a fighter!

User Tag List