So I know a bunch of people are due very early in July and could be going in June or within the first 2+ weeks of July. I guess there's not as much question about those babies being Cancer signs, unless some end up being Geminis born on/before June 23!
I think the dates are:
Gemini (May 22-June 23)
Cancer (June 23-July 22)
Leo (July 23-August 23)
What are your hunches? What are your hopes? Any preferences?
When we found out about this surprise pregnancy, I didn't know my dates at all. We were trying to remember the one time we'd had sex (we thought it was a Sunday, maybe, and we knew it was after certain things & before others, but we really were looking retroactively....I only tested because I wanted to be sure I wasn't pregnant before having an X-ray I was scheduled for. I didn't think I really could be pregnant, even though my daughter was suddenly talking about the babies in my belly, and wanting to buy things for "the baby.")
We are not particularly into astrology, aside from being aware of our signs. But Joe's best guess was that I'd be due in late July or early August, and so we'd be having a little Leo, and that tweaked me. I know Leos are great, lovable, but I think of them as having such big personalities and I had a hard time imagining us relating to such a child. (My little Pisces girl fits right in with her introverted, contemplative, reserved Sag mom and Pisces dad!) Then we found out they were twins, and I really freaked. Two Leos!
But I've been thinking of them as Cancers. The dates are so close (40 weeks on July 25.) Basically, they'll only be Leos if I go to 40 weeks, or 39w5d or something. I don't particularly subscribe to the assumption that "twins always come early" but for various reasons, I know there will be pressure on me come 38 weeks. (My OB is more "generous" than the peris, actually, who are talking about "deciding when the babies come" at/after 37 weeks.) It's about the shared placenta and certain risks that can come up with monochorionic twins late in the game...
Anyway, I am thinking if they both are head down by 35 weeks, putting pressure on my cervix, they may come spontaneously by 38 weeks. I'm just concentrating on growing them well so they'll be ready on their own within the window deemed "optimal." I really, really don't want to be planning an elective delivery AT ALL and though it's up for discussion and I guess I can refuse anything, I'd rather not be arguing my case at that time.
So.....two little water signs for me? Cancer the Crab? That's what I'm feeling and preferring.
Anyone else have any thoughts on sign? Preferences? Hopes? Hunches?