zodiac options: Cancer or Leo? (or Gemini?!) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I know a bunch of people are due very early in July and could be going in June or within the first 2+ weeks of July. I guess there's not as much question about those babies being Cancer signs, unless some end up being Geminis born on/before June 23!

I think the dates are:
Gemini (May 22-June 23)
Cancer (June 23-July 22)
Leo (July 23-August 23)
(from Wikipedia)

What are your hunches? What are your hopes? Any preferences?

When we found out about this surprise pregnancy, I didn't know my dates at all. We were trying to remember the one time we'd had sex (we thought it was a Sunday, maybe, and we knew it was after certain things & before others, but we really were looking retroactively....I only tested because I wanted to be sure I wasn't pregnant before having an X-ray I was scheduled for. I didn't think I really could be pregnant, even though my daughter was suddenly talking about the babies in my belly, and wanting to buy things for "the baby.")

We are not particularly into astrology, aside from being aware of our signs. But Joe's best guess was that I'd be due in late July or early August, and so we'd be having a little Leo, and that tweaked me. I know Leos are great, lovable, but I think of them as having such big personalities and I had a hard time imagining us relating to such a child. (My little Pisces girl fits right in with her introverted, contemplative, reserved Sag mom and Pisces dad!) Then we found out they were twins, and I really freaked. Two Leos!

But I've been thinking of them as Cancers. The dates are so close (40 weeks on July 25.) Basically, they'll only be Leos if I go to 40 weeks, or 39w5d or something. I don't particularly subscribe to the assumption that "twins always come early" but for various reasons, I know there will be pressure on me come 38 weeks. (My OB is more "generous" than the peris, actually, who are talking about "deciding when the babies come" at/after 37 weeks.) It's about the shared placenta and certain risks that can come up with monochorionic twins late in the game...

Anyway, I am thinking if they both are head down by 35 weeks, putting pressure on my cervix, they may come spontaneously by 38 weeks. I'm just concentrating on growing them well so they'll be ready on their own within the window deemed "optimal." I really, really don't want to be planning an elective delivery AT ALL and though it's up for discussion and I guess I can refuse anything, I'd rather not be arguing my case at that time.

So.....two little water signs for me? Cancer the Crab? That's what I'm feeling and preferring.

Anyone else have any thoughts on sign? Preferences? Hopes? Hunches?
#2 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM

It is really likely that this one will be another Cancer, just like me and DD. I am due on the 10th and expect to go at least full term but either way the due date is no where near either cusp, so unlikely to be anything other than Cancer. So, we will be three Cancer ladies and a Leo daddy. It is really fine with me as long as he can handle all of the emotion!
#3 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 10:41 AM

Dh, DS, and I are all fire signs-- so I think we need some water to calm us down a bit.
I am thinking Cancer.
Although I don't know any Cancers so not quite sure of the personality traits.
#4 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 11:08 AM

I spent most of my life thinking I was a cancer (born July 22) but when actually getting my chart done once, discovered that I'm actually Leo. Of course, the cusp thing lends to a lot of both attributes.

I'm just hoping the baby and I don't end up sharing birthdays - and since I'm expecting a July 21 arrival (just a hunch), that might or might not happen.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#5 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 AM

Pretty sure we'll get a little Leo, my dates range (depending on who did the calculating) between July 24th-29th. I'm also a FTM and am just sort of expecting to go over, I don't feel like he'll come early unless he gets so big he needs more space. Of course, if he came a little early, I wouldn' t mind a Cancer or Cancer/Leo cusp (I'm a Pisces). I'm looking forward to the little guy's energy.

Baby wearing Mamma to DS, dealing with all his allergies....and thriving w/another little bundle due in Early Feb
#6 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM

we're expecting a little cancer boy. my dd is the 11th, and i guess it's possible to go way over, but not likely(he's big already! lol).

i think another water sign will fit right in with our family. we have two virgos(earth), myself and ds(although, he has a pretty strong scorpio rising sign, i think he gets a lot of his emotional side from that! a mixture of mom and dad!), and dh is a scorpio(water), and dd is our little pisces(water). we had thought she would be a capricorn, which was what i really wanted, but the universe had different plans. i'm glad because it turns out she's such a perfect fit, albeit a little emotional! lol but her and dh are like two peas in a pod. i'm hoping for a good match up with the new little one.

my brother, sister and i are a virgo, cancer, and pisces like my kids will be. i thought that was kinda cool.
#7 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 11:34 AM

here is a fun site with descriptions of sun signs. i've always liked linda goodman's books.

you can click on the sign at the top and then click on the "child" description.

http://mizian.com.ne.kr/englishwiz/l...c/contents.htm
#8 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Oh I have no idea, I don't follow zodiac stuff. I think I'm a Sagittarius?

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#9 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 12:01 PM

I am due July 25th but we are hoping to have this baby before the 22nd so she will be a cancer. Cancer's I know, Leo's I don't.

I am a Capricorn, dh is a Virgo and my kids are virgo, cancer, virgo, and taurus.

My three signs that I am most compatible with are virgo, cancer and taurus.

Of course if baby comes before the 22nd her birthday is going to be very close to her big brothers and that will cause money issues for birthday presents later on down the line.
#10 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM

Well, depending on which date you go by (mine or the u/s / doctor) my dd is either July 24th or August 3rd. However, I have gone 2 weeks early with both my other two kidlets and I have feeling that this LO will be born in the first week of July. (If she's not, I'll be surprised! ) So, I will have a Cancer baby. (To go along with an Aquarius - me, 2 Taurus's - DD and DS, and my Gemini hubby!)

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#11 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 PM

I'm crossing my fingers for a Gemini, simply so my dh can get out of 2 of the most miserable weeks at his store.

Our house is a very...let's say boisterous place. I'm an Aries to the core (very dominate fire). dh is a Sagittarius (another fire, but mutable which helps us). dd gave us a little break from the fire and is a Libra (that's an air sign). And then ds is a Leo (ah, yes, another fire sign). However, while the other 3 of us are firmly entrenched in the middle of our signs, he's on the cusp of Leo and Virgo. He has a LOT of traits of both of them.

On second thought, maybe we could use a nice water sign to cool us down a bit.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#12 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 PM

Well, I usually go to term, so I am expecting another Cancer boy. My oldest boy is a Cancer. Unfortunately, since I haven't been there for the majority of his childhood, I can't say that I know much about Cancers.

My first is an Aquarius, which I'm pretty well acquainted with. My third is a Scorpio, which I am also VERY familiar with - she was born on the day after her daddy's birthday. My younger children, whom I am actually raising, are Aries (and he's a textbook Aries, too, little Ram all the way!!) and a Virgo. I am the hyper-emotional Pisces, and H was a Sagittarius. I didn't get along with him but I don't think it's because of the fire/water combination.

I anticipate this one will be a Cancer, too, which is probably best. He could come a little early and be a Gemini, but while I tend to get along okay with the OTHER twin sign, I don't know about raising one. Too many split personalities in one household could make for some hair-raising adventures. I am already living with my best friend, who is Gemini, and that gets interesting sometimes.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#13 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 01:01 PM

you never know how things will play out personality-wise if they're on the cusp. my dad's b-day is 7/25, so he's a mix of both cancer and leo. definitely quiet and shy, but also not super emotional and expects perfection from himself, while not looking for perferction from others. it's quite a nice mix. DH always jokes that my dad is his role model.
#14 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 PM

Well, technically, DH and I are not supposed to be compatible. He's a Gemini, and I'm a Taurus. Yet we are perfect for each other.

Anyway, I'm due the end of July with our first, so we're expecting to have a Leo girl, though a Cancer would be okay too. We joke that if we have a Leo, our household will be the next Earth, Wind, and Fire

Come ponder with me about food!
#15 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM

According to my due date we are expecting a Cancer..... but I am facing a medically-necessary induction at 36/37 weeks, so we may end up with a Gemini! I will be 37 weeks on June 25th, so it could really go either way.

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#16 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 03:25 PM

i'm fairly certain we'll get a cancer, although my due date woikd give us a leo. i have to admit, i'm prejudiced against leos because my xh was one...

i'm a scorpio, dh is an aquarius, dd1 is virgo, dd2 is pisces...

Jenny (27) partner to Michael (28) mama to Zoe (8) Selene (4) Garvin (2) and baby Gwendolyn (born 14 Jan 2011)
#17 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 05:35 PM

This is fun : ) I'm a sag (nearly missed sag/scorp cusp) and a very strong fire. DH is a virgo, DD1 is also a sag and DD2 is a taurus. My poor hubby is way out numbered gender AND personality wise!! I'm looking forward to having a cancer in the house! Not that I'd mind going a little early (due 7/1) but I'd prefer NOT a gemmini - I've butted heads with most gem's I know!
But, of course, we all know we'll love the LO's no matter what sign they are...

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

#18 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 PM

I would prefer a Gemini as a Cancer would think I am more of a dork than a Gemini would. I am due at the very beginning of July/late June and have polyhydrominos (sp?) so it isn't out of realm of possibility.

(I am an Aquarius as is dd)

Dh is a Sag.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#19 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm a pisces, Dh is a Capricorn and DD is a Leo but much more a Virgo. (Born Aug 21, or rather induced and forced out Aug 21) She was due on the 23rd and is MUCH more a virgo with a few Leo traits.

I'm hoping for a Cancer

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#20 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Im due the 26th of July...so I'm schedule to have a Leo...which is good for both DH and I (Capricorn and Gemini respectively) seeing as we have many good Leo friends.

my brother's a cancer and I've had a few close cancer friends...all of whom i drift away from after awhile because I can never tell what they're reallllyyy thinking under that calm demure...DH agrees....

we have our fingers crossed for a Leo...but I'll take her any way she comes as long as shes healthy and attracted to my breats.
#21 of 25 Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=AmyC;11331880]So I know a bunch of people are due very early in July and could be going in June or within the first 2+ weeks of July. I guess there's not as much question about those babies being Cancer signs, unless some end up being Geminis born on/before June 23!

I think the dates are:
Gemini (May 22-June 23)
Cancer (June 23-July 22)
Leo (July 23-August 23)
(from Wikipedia)

Other horoscopes say may 21-june 20th for gemini
june 21-July 20 for cancer
and July 21-August 20 for Leo

Which is what I have always heard.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#22 of 25 Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 PM

My son is a gemini, and so am I... I personally would LOVE to add another one to the household, but 1) I think my husband would hold my legs closed so he wouldn't have to deal with ANOTHER one and 2) that would put me at 36 Weeks + 2 days... and considering I was 42 Weeks + 3 days when I finally had my son, I doubt very much that I'm going to go early. But I figure no matter what baby is, I'll love her to pieces... and probably learn real quick how to deal with whatever sign she may be.
#23 of 25 Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post

Other horoscopes say may 21-june 20th for gemini
june 21-July 20 for cancer
and July 21-August 20 for Leo

Which is what I have always heard.
Actually, that sounds right. My husband seems to reference the 20th/21st as cutoff days, so it makes sense that your dates would be right. I didn't do a very authoritative search.

Hoping for two little Cancers, here! A description of that water sign I read awhile back sounded so intriguing and appealing.
#24 of 25 Old 05-29-2008, 03:01 PM

I am a gemini who has 2 Gemini's for parents, I would love to have a gemini but I do not think it will happen. DS was suppose to be a Gemini but hospital insisted on inducing me a week early so he is a Taurus. I think this one will be a Cancer no mater what, but we will see.

: mom of Gavin Rhain and Grant, Doula
#25 of 25 Old 05-29-2008, 06:20 PM

I'm hoping for 2 leos. I'm a libra, and my dh is a cancer. As much as i love my dh, i think two more cancers would be a bit much for me! My due date is July 24th.

SAHM to 2 year olds Tesla and Lucius. twins.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page