Weekly Thread 6/5 to 6/12! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2008, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am exactly 35 weeks today... Due July 15th, and I can't WAIT for it to be over.

I thought that I had this pregnancy pretty easy. I never had morning sickness, and the only real noticable symptoms that I had was an increase in appatite and loss of energy. Then he started dropping. As soon as he flipped down I started getting terrible aches and pains in my hips/pelvis. I'm starting to get so big that standing up and getting out of bed is a real challenge. I'm peeing more than ever.
I'll use a statment that recovering addicts use... I'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! Really!

I know that I can't really complain about any of this, but I'm just so ready to meet my son! As soon as our house is in order (hopefully the next week or so), I know that I'm going to completely lose patience.

Judging by other comments in this thread, I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's good to know that I'm not alone on this one!

mama/stepmama (07/08/08/97)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemomma View Post
Oh you are so not alone!!! 2pm is like the magic hour around here. I don't even need to look at the clock to know its naptime!!!
You both are NOT alone! No matter what I've actually done on any given day, after 2pm I'm ready to pack it in!

mama/stepmama (07/08/08/97)
Old 06-10-2008, 05:00 PM

34 weeks today!!

last midwife appointment was this Saturday.
I measured 27cm, and was 147lbs (althoguh I weighed myself at home).
blood pressure was still supah low at 103/79. I did drop a bit of protien. But have to admit to not eating well or enough the days before my appt either.
Heartbeat was steady.
Sex is still a surprise

i'm feelign like I myself am teeny and the baby is HUGE. I can;t lean foreard 2 inches -I ahve to be stock straight or leaning back to breather right. And I actually ahve a very long torso.
I can only eat tiny bits at a time. (like 1 measly taco for dinner and then anotehr taco 2hrs later)
It's strange. I have 6-7 weeks left to go. But the way my body feels it;s likee I'm gonan burst any second. Meanwhile I am wayyyy smaller this time around then i was with the girls.

Big step in the overall nesting of my house! I'm going to IKEA on Thursday!! WOOT!! getting a bookcase, new dining chairs, a dresser and baskets.
Maybe a few baby things if the price is right

Found out someone is going to throw me a shower! Sooo excited. I wasn;t expecting it since this is our 3rd (although we didn't have anything for this baby at all since I had given everything away to friends.) it;s going to be on July 12th - right before I pop!

ON June 21st I'm goign to go down to the coast to pick up my mom and my baby brother (he just turned 10). Mom is goign to be my labor coach / gopher. And they are staying with us untill the end of August
Old 06-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemomma View Post
Oh you are so not alone!!! 2pm is like the magic hour around here. I don't even need to look at the clock to know its naptime!!!
Amen!!

actually I'm happy to make it till 2
But there is definatly *nothing* goign on here after that!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 PM

36 weeks 4 days here. Had an appt. today...I measured 36 weeks, baby is LOW! I actually LOST 1 1/2lbs. BUT my last appt. when I got weighed 2 weeks ago was in the afternoon and this one was first thing in the morning..so I am sure that had something to do with it. I am always a few lbs. heavier at the end of the day.

My water birth pool will be here on Friday! YAY! Don't know if I'll get to use it but it's nice to know I have the option.

Well, I have to go, gave the girls a popsicle so I could get on here but they didn't last very long!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM

I ordered my placenta encapsulating kit today, yay! I got it here if anyone is interested:
http://placentabenefits.info/

I plan eat a chunk of it raw in a smoothie right away (as soon as I get home, anyway) and dry the rest.

I also got an appointment to check the car seat--everything is almost ready, just a few things left to do!!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 PM

36 weeks and 2 days today - can't believe I'm almost term now! I swear, it felt like it would take forever to get to this point...

Haven't been sleeping well at all, getting up every hour to pee and then just can't get comfortable. I've been keeping poor DH up at night tossing and turning, eventually I just get up around 4 and have first breakfast :-) and play on the computer.

So far today I got our closet cleaned out (and it really needed it) bathroom is cleaned(except for the shower, I'll do that tomorrow) and floors have been vacuumed twice (due to me trying to get rid of the fleas). I am so ready to be done being pregnant it's not even funny. The upside is that my house has never been cleaner!

MIL found a free dresser on the side of the road that is the same vintage white and look of our crib and rocker so now I just have to make a changing pad for the top of it - probably do that tomorrow. I have all of Riley's cloth diapers in it now and can't wait for her to come so I can start playing "dressup" with her!

Is there a nursery pics thread? We should start one... I get a kick out of seeing what other's nurseries look like.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firespiritmelody View Post
She gave me a thing to order some sort of herbal concoction off-line that she recomends to all of her mamas, especially anemic ones, that supposedly helps with hemorage and general bleeding after the birth - well stupid me forgot all about it and I was supposed to strat taking it last week. So, it's on order now but not sure how long it'll take to get here. Hopefully soon.
May I ask what the herbal concoction is, and a link if possible?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:44 AM

I had my 33 week appointment today, and good news! Baby is head down!!!!!!

This is very exciting for me, as my first pregnancy was breech the entire time and resulted in me not having the natural birth that I wanted...and this baby was also breech until this week...so yay! Of course, baby can still move, but at least there is good reason to be hopeful!

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 06-11-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post
I had my 33 week appointment today, and good news! Baby is head down!!!!!!

This is very exciting for me, as my first pregnancy was breech the entire time and resulted in me not having the natural birth that I wanted...and this baby was also breech until this week...so yay! Of course, baby can still move, but at least there is good reason to be hopeful!
Congratulations, that's great news!:
Old 06-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
May I ask what the herbal concoction is, and a link if possible?
Oh Course! The website is birthjunkie.com and the formula she had me order is Polly-Jean Five-Week Antenatal Formula. You're *supposed* to take it from 35 weeks on. Suposedly it helps with anemia as well as bleeding in general. I haven't gotten mine yet, hoping it shows up soon as I'm already 37 weeks.... (forgot to order it sooner) but my MW says it'll still help and can also be taken after the birth if needed as well.... We'll see...

So far I'm trying to take the floradex 2 - 3 times a day if I can choke it down. And I've been eating red meat at practicly every meal... ah I hpe my next blood draw is better. Have an apt with the MW today, so she'll probably draw tonight to see where things are at. Wish me luck!

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

User Tag List