Mothering Forum banner

Birth Bead Necklace

1K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Stargirl 
#1 ·
I finally finished it up! It would been soooo long if we had had 40 beads. I did end up leaving 2 beads out from the mamas who sent more than one bead. So I just included one bead from each mama. Even then it's a pretty decent length.
Anyway, here's the pic!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...8/necklace.jpg

Thank you to everyone, it's beautiful!

See less See more
#4 ·
Yay! I haven't started mine yet.

I've never done any bead work before, so I'm hoping I won't screw it up too badly once I find the time to actually put it together.

OP- yours turned out beautiful, btw.

#8 ·
Very nice!

I opened the package and looked at them briefly, but I haven't gotten anything to string them on or read any of the messages. That's on my to do list.

#13 ·
AWESOME!! I went to the craft store to get spacer beads and what not, but got a little discouraged because I was having a trying day as it was. So, I'm planning on going back tomorrow. Thanks for the insperation!!

#14 ·
They are beautiful!

BTW, what kind of spacer beads did you use? I am planning to head out to the craft store in the next day or two, and was thinking about what would be the best, but I have never really strung beads before (though I know it is not that hard, my daughters do it all the time).

I was even considering silver spacers, but not sure if they would look good or take away from the over all affect.

#15 ·
Oh, I forgot!

I am also taking a picture of each bead and making a scrapbook with all the little notes and the photos.
This way I will not only have the beautiful necklace, but a great little rememberance book to go with it!

#16 ·
I'm taking photos of the beads with their messages first too, before stringing them, because I don't want to forget who each is from.
My third was born at 37 weeks, and I hadn't had a chance to string them yet, but they were in a little bowl right behind my head on the shelf as I pushed him out.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom_2_3_girls View Post
Beautiful! I am still waiting on mine I can't wait for them to come so I can string them all together
I mailed them all out.

Ok just realized you were one of the CAN moms. They should be there soon.

#19 ·
Oh that looks gorgeous!!! I have been having issues with Yahoo so I wasn't able to post that I got mine and absolutely love them... But I did and I do!

What kind of string did you put them on? I have no idea what to use... how did you make it look just like that (spacers?)? It's gorgeous and I want to do mine as soon as I can...

#21 ·
I have finished my necklace! And I am very pleased with how it turned out! Here it is:

My Birth necklace

I added ones for each of my children as well as some ruby red stones for the birthstone and silver spacer beads.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JunebugsMom View Post
here's mine!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3177/...624864eae8.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I have finished my necklace! And I am very pleased with how it turned out! Here it is:

My Birth necklace

I added ones for each of my children as well as some ruby red stones for the birthstone and silver spacer beads.
Beautiful, JunebugsMom and Kidzaplenty!! I love how everyone's is so different.

And to those asking some questions about mine: I didn't use any spacers. I used a thin enough silver wire so that I could actually crochet the beads together. The first time I ever tried it and it worked out really well!

#23 ·
I've been stalking the mail lady lol I'm sure they'll be here soon mail seems to be very slow to and from Canada. Thanks again for organizing this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainRaven View Post
I mailed them all out.

Ok just realized you were one of the CAN moms. They should be there soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.