Bulging bag of water... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So today I had my appointment with my midwife. We also did the belly cast... which was sooooo fun!

So, at my appointment, I had progressed from 50% effaced to 75%, I went from 3 cm to 4 cm and the baby went from engaged to +1. She told me that when she was checking me she was afraid to touch the bag of waters because it was bulging so much she was afraid she might break it. She told me that she really doubted that I would make it for the next appointment, but we did schedule one, so we'll see. She said to call her on Sunday if I hadn't already had the baby and I could start taking an herb that she sent home with me called PN6. I think. I haven't looked into it, but I plan to tomorrow. She told me that if my water breaks spontaneously, to take the herb and it should bring on some contractions.

Anyway, so being the person that I am, which is very impatient, I went with my sister in law, aunt in law and two cousin in laws on a pretty long walk this evening. I think at least 2 miles, and I walked pretty fast for most of it. I squatted with each contraction, and towards the end there was a little tiny bit of pain accompanying them. On the car ride home I had two more that had pain, and if I would have been walking I would have had to stop to just concentrate a bit. I took a hot bath when I got home, and they continued. So, now I'm wondering, is this it? My husband has to get up for work in three hours, and just went to bed about a half hour ago. I wish there was some sign or something that would come and just show me that this is either it or not... this would be a nice time for my water to break. (The reason I think that this might be it is because this is basically how my labor with my son started.)

Alright, so I just wanted to share all of that... I hope this is it... and I hope that I have the brain power to remember to keep everyone posted if this really is it, but we'll see about that. I plan on laboring most of the time on a totally different floor than the computer. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing great, and have a happy and safe 4th if I'm not back on before then. (Whether I have the baby or not, I have a TON of things going on in life during the next three days.)
#2 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM

I hope this is it for you, ELV!!!! :
#3 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Well, that was a very strange night. I stayed up for quite awhile, timing the contractions and I was pretty convinced I was in labor. But then they petereed out. When I have a contraction, it's tinged with a bit of pain, but they aren't even timeable. I am so aggravated!
#4 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 AM

maybe your body just needs a good rest, and things will get cooking again tonight!
#5 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 PM

Hee hee, when I was in early labor the bag broke and it sent me into good labor. If the contractions start up again, can you, um, get friendly with DH? That should break the bag!

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#6 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Good luck...seems like you are near!!
#7 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 12:34 PM

You're almost there!!! : With as far as you are and your bag bulging, not too much longer!!! ELV to you!!!!

Wife to Kevin (8-1-98)
: Proud Momma to Katelyn (4-02), Calvin (4-06), and Ashley (7-08) :
#8 of 9 Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

Can't wait. You are nearly finished!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 9 Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 AM

Yes, keep us up to date! I love these play-by-play postings.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page