Les Miserables : Venting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-04-2008, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not due until the end of the month, so I know I shouldn't be this impatient, but I'm so ready to be done now.

I can't eat a thing. I know I need to eat but everything makes me either nauseous or uncomfortable or both. I have no appetite...save for the random craving for muffins and I can't get comfortable with the help of every pillow in my house. I'm avoiding salt like the plague because that makes it worse.

Even when I'm calm and enjoying pregnancy, I can't help but get myself worked up to the point of illness just in worrying about the labor. DH, of course, is trying everything he can, but is no real consolation in anyway. If he touches me its too hard or not hard enough. I'm upset when he's not here because I miss him and am trying to savor every last moment of just him and I that I can, but when he is here I'm frustrated becasue he can't even put a carton of eggs back in the fridge.

I can't wait to meet my little girl. I can't wait to hold her and look at her and touch her and I know that this is just temporary...but today I'm struggling with being in the starting blocks. Tomorrow, I'm going to try with all my might to enjoy myself and relax. Save for a lone tennis match, I'm not going to watch television....I'm going to leave my house and go socalize with some people...

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't come on this board and just vent all of the frustrations of pregnancy to women who understand.
#2 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 03:06 AM

being on the brink of such a huge transition (like becoming a mother) is so hard. hang in there and enjoy your upcoming day out!
#3 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 AM

Vent away! We have all felt the same way at some time or another. Just know that time is almost up!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#4 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 AM

I hope you catch some relief soon. Sometimes it seems like we go through phases where things are just TOUGH and then, we get a little break. I hope you get that break.

You can do this. You ARE doing this!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#5 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM

I was feeling like that a couple of weeks ago too, but it was a phase and it passed. Then as I came to peace with the fact that this baby is going to come when she's good and ready and not one minute before I started to feel much better. Now that I'm at almost 41w I'm starting to swing back the other way, but I know this too will pass. Try and be patient, you're not crazy and you're not alone! Good luck!

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

#6 of 7 Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 PM

One day at a time. I know it is tuff, I was feeling similar to how you describe all last week, and this week things have lightened up and I've really been able to enjoy myself. Just try and take it one day at a time

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#7 of 7 Old 07-06-2008, 01:55 PM

I was feeling really impatient right when I hit 37 weeks, but have relaxed and accepted things now. Just hang in there. A few more weeks will go by quickly.

Mother to two great kids. &

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page