How much longer?? How much longer?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 2cm diallated and 50% effaced....what do ya think?? Please don't tell me harrowing stories of staying this way until two weeks past your EDD...I'm so excited!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:02 PM

I hate to say it, but I think you can walk around that way for a while...or you could go tomorrow. Are you having any contractions, even if irregular?

Mommy to 6 year old dd and almost 2 year old ds, working to become happy every day and healthy along the way!
#3 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:04 PM

you don't want us to say it, right?
#4 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

i've been having bouts of BH contractions that are pretty intense along with some menstural cramping and upset stomach...the baby has moved down and is anterior...so everything seems to be in the starting blocks!
#5 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 PM

Oh, have sex, drink some sips of wine, use EPO orally and vag, more sex, long walks, spicy food, you could even try castor oil (altho I don't recommend that one, it sucks!!) and that babe for sure won't stay in much longer

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#6 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 PM

With my first, I was 3cm at 36 weeks. He was born at 41 weeks on the nose.

Sorry.
#7 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm going to say it.

I was checked two and a half weeks ago... I was 2 cm, 50% effaced and the baby was engaged... and I'm still here. I'm now, as of last Wednesday, at 4 cm, 75% effaced and the baby is at +1. Oh, and my bag of waters is apparently bulging.

This doesn't mean that you aren't going to have your baby any day now though... I really think you can only know from what you know about your body. The midwife was SURE that I was going to go that week when she checked me 2 1/2 weeks ago... so maybe I just have a super cervix that likes to be half way dilated before I go into labor.

Good luck, and keep your chin up, no matter what, you're baby is going to be born. (This is what I have to keep telling myself.)
#8 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM

Your body is working so perfectly! It's doing just what it needs to be doing right now.

And, yeah, you could go to 42 weeks still.

Remember vaginal checks just tell you what you're cervix is doing right now. They don't tell you when you'll go into labor or anything remotely close. What is your care provider hoping to learn by performing them? Or if it was your idea, what led you to be drawn to requesting one? (they're not without risks, you know?)

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#9 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 10:28 PM

I was 1 cm dilated on Thursday, and dd was born on Sunday--I think there is hope!! Good luck!
#10 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 11:03 PM

I was not dilated OR effaced on my EDD with DD, and I still had her 2 days later. So it can happen that way too. Hope you are holding your baby soon!
#11 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 11:07 PM

My SIL had an appt. on a Thursday, was exactly the same as you are, and delivered in the wee hours of Sunday morning, completely natural, no membrane stripping. So, maybe this could be you too! :
#12 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM

The moral is: it really means just about nothing. LOL! I walked around at 4cm and 80% effaced for a good while with my first...had him at 42 weeks. I've been 3cm for about 3 weeks now with this baby. Or, you could be like some women who go from high, firm and closed to 10cm in two hours. Unfortunately it's luck of the draw.

All the best,
Emil

Emily: Homebirthin' mama to 3 boys and a girl.
#13 of 15 Old 07-08-2008, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

oh i just knew it. haha. its okay really. im at 37 weeks, so I'm totally okay with going a bit longer. its just the first time mom thing...you hear that you're diallated and inside your brain you think "oh my gawd Im having a baby tomorrow." Not such the case. I called my mom after getting the news from the doc and she was like "erica, I was two centimeters diallated with you until 2.5 weeks after you were due and I still had to be induced." Gee, uh thanks mom for that insane burst of positivity. And this, ladies...is why dear old mom is staying in the waiting room while I deliver. haha.

:-) Thanks for all the info though!! It's still close and I'm still excited!!
#14 of 15 Old 07-08-2008, 03:40 PM

I will tell you what you want to hear...You will have your baby within the next two days!

OK, for reality? It could be a while.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#15 of 15 Old 07-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica57401 View Post
"erica, I was two centimeters diallated with you until 2.5 weeks after you were due and I still had to be induced." Gee, uh thanks mom for that insane burst of positivity.
It could be that she is trying to help you... help you not be too disappointed if you DON"T go into labor soon.

Trust me.. I wish I had known. I'm only 1 day past my due date, but everyone thought I'd go around week 38-39. Everyone from DH & I to friends, family & co-workers. Now that I'm still here in the office, I want to put a bullet in my head.

PLEASE... don't make the same mistake. Don't expect to go early. Then let yourself be pleasantly surprised if you do.

OH HOW I WISH I'D KNOWN to LIE LIE LIE about my due date. Even the NURSE at my midwives practice said to me, "What are you doing here?!" I am LITERALLY told daily I "SHOULD" have had this baby by everyone in my office. No wonder I feel like a freak & a failure. Please don't make my same mistake!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page